P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Brr! Just frosty here. Don’t like the snow at all, pretty as it looks!

I don't like snow either. There was a hard frost here last night, it looked like a fall of snow. It has cleared a little now, but it's just a cold, damp and dreary day. Perfect for putting my feet up and having a good read.😊

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

My favourite.. 

Room servicings...😊

And Hattie Jacques character is hilarious... 

Andy 

My favourite lines...

Egg and chippings, sausage and chippings,  sausage, egg and chippings, thems choices.

Hattie's 'bloodings cok and electrictricity' as well. She had me in tears.🤣

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope you had a nice meal.  This is one of the things that we have missed, David's health problems make it too much risk for us to eat out.

I Know how David feels Josy and for me avoiding salt and sugars and the alcohol

would not be a good idea for me .

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't like snow either. There was a hard frost here last night, it looked like a fall of snow. It has cleared a little now, but it's just a cold, damp and dreary day. Perfect for putting my feet up and having a good read.😊

Avril

It’s no fun as an adult I think. I’m working from home so snow would not bother me us such but as John works 20 miles away and our son drives a van for a living I spend the day terrified of the road conditions! When I did work at the office I walk in anyway so always worked - no snow days for me! Of course loads of people didn’t show up so us who did had twice as much to do! No fun from any angle for me!

• Like 1

“Hello - is this Gordon's Pizza?”
“No, sir - it's Google’s Pizza.”
“I must have dialled a wrong number. Sorry.”
“No, sir, this is the correct number. Google bought Gordon's Pizza last month.”
“Oh! Okay, I would like to order a pizza.”
“Do you want your usual, sir?”
“My usual? You know me?”
“According to our caller ID data, the last 12 times you called you ordered an extra-large pizza with three cheeses, sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms and meat balls on a thick crust."
“Right! That's what I want.”
“May I suggest that this time you order a pizza with ricotta, arugula, sun-dried tomatoes and olives on a whole wheat, gluten-free, thin crust?”
“What? I detest vegetables!”
“Your cholesterol is not good, sir.”
“How the hell do you know that?”
“We cross-referenced your home phone number with your medical records. We have the result of your blood tests for the last 7 years.”
“No, I don’t want a vegetable pizza - I take medication for cholesterol.”
“Excuse me, sir, but you have not taken your medication regularly. According to our database you purchased a box of 30 cholesterol tablets once at Drug sale Network, 4 months ago.”
“I bought more from another chemist"
“That doesn't show on your credit card statement.”
“I paid cash.”
“But you did not withdraw enough cash according to your bank statement.”
“I have other sources of cash.”
“That doesn't show on your last tax return, unless you're using an undeclared income source, which is against the law.”
“WHAT THE HELL? ! ! ! !”
“I'm sorry, sir, we use such information only with the sole intention of helping you.”
“Well I'm sick to death of Google, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp and the others!! I'm going to an island with no internet, no cable TV – some place where there is no cell phone service and no one to spy on me!”
“I understand, sir. But you need to renew your passport first? It expired 6 weeks ago.”
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:
some place where there is no cell phone service and no one to spy on me!”
“I understand, sir. But you need to renew your passport first? It expired 6 weeks ago.”

🎶 I'm just an average man with an average life
I work from nine to five, hey, hell, I pay the price
All I want is to be left alone in my average home
But why do I always feel like I'm in the Twilight zone and?
I always feel like somebody's watching me  🎶  .........

And why is Amazon always parked outside my home ? :classic_unsure: I don't use them :classic_ohmy:
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

The view of Stoke on Trent from our front door that we have woken up to this morning. 4207DCE2-31F5-4EB4-A59C-F772E63D557C.thumb.jpeg.442adab39e258e4615966f15e6d770cb.jpegC06A5AF2-A31E-4B5F-AA2E-BBD9387C0333.thumb.jpeg.2cd8cc4669606488c4daf2115d8a582b.jpeg

Know where you are now 😉 Yes, it has been beautiful here today. Had a lovely walk down to Tunstall Park and saw our favourite moorhens (still in one piece). Its getting cooler here now though - brrrrrr. Just LOVE the snow

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Know where you are now 😉 Yes, it has been beautiful here today. Had a lovely walk down to Tunstall Park and saw our favourite moorhens (still in one piece). Its getting cooler here now though - brrrrrr. Just LOVE the snow

Whoops. Do we need to move?

• Haha 1

Just now, Presto2 said:

Don't worry your secret is safe with me .... just be nicer about those ducklings next year 😉

Just to let you know, we have a large bag of swan and duck food in the cupboard which I use to feed our ducks and moorhens when out with the dog. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Just to let you know, we have a large bag of swan and duck food in the cupboard which I use to feed our ducks and moorhens when out with the dog. 

Saw the 2 swans back on the lake today. One was flying above the lake - it was beautiful to watch it fly and land. Reminded me of Concorde .... but nature's original version .. and much quieter ! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Thought you could have put the time right on the clock whilst passing :classic_unsure:

Typical Stoke on Trent 😉 To be fair to the Council there is a lot of restoration work being done to the Victorian parts of the park (which is nice to see) so am hoping this is part of that i.e. it isn't working 😉

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I love the snow and wouldnt even dream of going anywhere for sun in winter we would normally be preparing for our annual trip to Austria in January but alas for the first time in 30 yrs it wont for obvious reasons be happening.

Me too! I look at the St Anton live webcams every day. So envious of those on the slopes. Can’t believe I won’t be skiing in February as usual. Nothing beats a blue bird day, skiing off piste in fresh powder snow.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Me too! I look at the St Anton live webcams every day. So envious of those on the slopes. Can’t believe I won’t be skiing in February as usual. Nothing beats a blue bird day, skiing off piste in fresh powder snow.

You could look at the webcams in Whistler. You can't go there either so will save even more money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

A snowy Tunstall Park an hour or so ago

20201228_115024.jpg

20201228_115323.jpg

20201228_111918.jpg

20201228_111930.jpg

20201228_113729.jpg

To be fair to Stoke Council they do manage to keep the parks nice.  We were pleasantly surprised by Longton Park in the summer when we went to listen to a band there, the chap who used to do David's parents' garden was playing his ukelele there.  I'm not sure that I want to go there at the moment, I read that a body was found near to the lake yesterday.

• Like 1