P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I imagine most people will have seen this already today (and I apologise for wasting your time), but in case anyone hasn't, this is unmissable:

I saw it this morning Harry and it was such a cheerer-upper on a miserable cold day. Did you see the actual Attorney behind the cat? He said what's done is done and " you can't put toothpaste back in tube". Priceless! Jane.x

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I know it is silly to compare prices when there are so many variables, but that seems a lot. £140 for my wife's Fiat 500, and £160 or so for my Arona.

Graham, I guess you must pay a premium as you use your car for work?

I have only been out for a couple of calls during lockdown preferring to phone customers. 

I'm semi retired now maybe 1 day a week so doing very few miles.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I've already wished Phil a happy day so this is for Damien and Getting Warmer. Hope you've both enjoyed your birthdays and that pressies and cake and Prosecco were the order of the day. Jane.xx

Thanks, no cake but the Prosecco is chilling in the fridge!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have only been out for a couple of calls during lockdown preferring to phone customers. 

I'm semi retired now maybe 1 day a week so doing very few miles.

As long as you tell your insurance company that you are using  your car for business.  1 day a week is still business use!

Thanks to everyone for the helpful comments and suggestions earlier today about the LV= car insurance quotes I had (up 20% year on year, and they haven't tried that trick before).

Plenty of time to discuss it with them and ask for it to be put back again, but meanwhile I'm looking for alternative quotes from the usual comparison sites (plus Direct Line) to see how the LV= quotes stack up.

Actually, they're still very competitive - lowest of the lot - which is surprising.

Interesting to see how many here are with them, and one person also mentioned a large increase.  I was wondering (still am) whether the planned takeover by a private equity firm (always a bad sign) might have encouraged them to beef up their balance sheet a bit via premium increases to enhance their market valuation.

• Like 1

Izzywiz here. Hi everyone and thank you for thinking of me. I’m keeping safe and well but haven’t posted for a while although I have been reading all the posts.
I would have loved to have contributed photos to the Christmas decorations thread as we always bought something for the tree from everywhere that we visited....small, inexpensive, lightweight and easy to pack. It got to the point that we needed 2 large trees and several days to decorate them as we reminisced about buying each one, hahaha. 2 years ago we downsized to a bungalow and decided that there wouldn’t be room for the trees so we got rid of the decorations too which meant, of course, that I had nothing to post. It’s something I now regret but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

It is good to know that all you lovely people are managing so well and that there is a pinprick of light at the end of this very long tunnel. 🚢✈️🏖May we all travel again soon

💖Isabel

• Like 10