P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. 

I love this weather, but it's not exactly conducive to a good nights rest. Tossing and turning because of the heat, eyes and nose streaming because of hayfever. Up at 4.30am and in the garden with a coffee by 5.15am.

We're still in the throes of the bathroom renewal. There have been a few issues sourcing the fitments we wanted, but hopefully everything will/should be completed this week.🤞 We have been able to use the shower though thank goodness, but the mess and dust is never-ending and spreads everywhere no matter how hard I try to contain it.

Repeat after me.

It will be worth it when it's done.

It will be worth it when it's done.😁

It looks to be another beautiful day, so enjoy it whatever you're up to.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

We had a new bathroom about 5 years ago and whilst it was being done I was thinking 'Why did we decide to do this' but now I think 'Why didn't we have a new bathroom sooner!' Take Care

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks!  I’ll have to take another look.  Any particular model recommendations please, if you wouldn’t mind?

I’ve just got the entry level Cool model

£249 delivered from John Lewis, iirc

Could you return to JL if you don’t like?

6DBF7726-1D1A-438D-9BD1-8BCF7C6E004B.jpeg

• Like 1

Really hate dark and cold winter days, but admit that although I love the  sun and summer, it can get too hot for a northern lass.  Prefer Med. cruising in April, May or September.  We have been lucky so far in mid Lincs. that it has not been stifling at night.

Always like  your photos, Grapau, but especially the little bunny!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Are the fan blades that go in the middle extra.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning.

So some on here  hate the summer, wow, I always hated winter, which is why I joined the RN aged 16. Still do, all those dark winter days, seem to go on forever. Good job we are all different ! A genuine question, do those not liking warm weather cruise north or only visit southern areas in the winter ?

Cooler day today, with changeable weather later in the week.

Seems certain a four week delay in full restrictions being lifted.

Stay safe.

I agree Bob,nothing worse than a cold windy deck.I love the warm weather.Glaciers in Alaska being the exception.

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning. 

I love this weather, but it's not exactly conducive to a good nights rest. Tossing and turning because of the heat, eyes and nose streaming because of hayfever. Up at 4.30am and in the garden with a coffee by 5.15am.

We're still in the throes of the bathroom renewal. There have been a few issues sourcing the fitments we wanted, but hopefully everything will/should be completed this week.🤞 We have been able to use the shower though thank goodness, but the mess and dust is never-ending and spreads everywhere no matter how hard I try to contain it.

Repeat after me.

It will be worth it when it's done.

It will be worth it when it's done.😁

It looks to be another beautiful day, so enjoy it whatever you're up to.

Stay safe and take care.

Avril

Sorry to hear that sis,I've had bad hayfever since a baby when we moved from London to the country (Dagenham,lol).The last 20 years I've grown out of it but get itchy eyes now and then.My OH has developed it over the last few years.Strange old world,I think other factors like pollution play a role.Cheers,bro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

From previous history they often add 50% to the price expecting people to ask for a discount and try to close the deal by offering a big discount.

Good luck.

Yep, I am aware of that one, then there is adding to the cost because you are a pensioner, either they think you have loads of cash or are just too trusting.  I know the spectrum of prices I should be paying and have researched all the questions I need to ask.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning.

So some on here  hate the summer, wow, I always hated winter, which is why I joined the RN aged 16. Still do, all those dark winter days, seem to go on forever. Good job we are all different ! A genuine question, do those not liking warm weather cruise north or only visit southern areas in the winter ?

Stay safe.

I like the Med in Jan-March and will go North at any time.  My best cruises have all been Christmas ones with snow!  If I travel with the family they love the heat so I have been to the Med in July and August and spend most of the time inside with the aircon!  You can always spot me on disembarkation as I'm usually the only person who's milk bottle white.  As you say Bob - good job we're all different.  Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

Really hate dark and cold winter days, but admit that although I love the  sun and summer, it can get too hot for a northern lass.  Prefer Med. cruising in April, May or September.  We have been lucky so far in mid Lincs. that it has not been stifling at night.

Always like  your photos, Grapau, but especially the little bunny!

Thank you Lincslady.

Graham. Gra 

Pauline.  Pau.

I use the first 3 letters of our names.

Take care.

Graham.

Well, I've booked another Staycation Cruise !  This time for my wifes birthday, Iona, 11th September, a week after we return from the same 7 days cruise, for our 25th anniversary. Couldn't resist a bargain £419, balcony, for a weeks cruise, with my Defence Discount Card.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry to hear that sis,I've had bad hayfever since a baby when we moved from London to the country (Dagenham,lol).The last 20 years I've grown out of it but get itchy eyes now and then.My OH has developed it over the last few years.Strange old world,I think other factors like pollution play a role.Cheers,bro.

Have you tried sourcing really local honey to eat when the pollen is at its worst. You need to get honey from same pollen source as the one affecting you, it does not cure it but helps a bit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning.

Stay safe.

We try to avoid the Med in the summer as we’re not sun worshippers and find it much more pleasant in Spring and Autumn.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Well, I've booked another Staycation Cruise !  This time for my wifes birthday, Iona, 11th September, a week after we return from the same 7 days cruise, for our 25th anniversary. Couldn't resist a bargain £419, balcony, for a weeks cruise, with my Defence Discount Card.

See you on board!

I keep trying to get The Ole Lady to agree to another Staycation, maybe with either Princess or Cunard.  Almost mad not to with the BLC discount.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I like the Med in Jan-March and will go North at any time.  My best cruises have all been Christmas ones with snow!  If I travel with the family they love the heat so I have been to the Med in July and August and spend most of the time inside with the aircon!  You can always spot me on disembarkation as I'm usually the only person who's milk bottle white.  As you say Bob - good job we're all different.  Best wishes. Jane.x

Me too. Always bottle white!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Interested to hear that. The price always put me off, and I’m not overkeen on Dyson, but you obviously rate the fans highly. The noise of a normal fan would keep me awake, but not this one?

We won one in a completion about 3 years ago, and it works, it’s fairly silent, has a timer, variable speeds (gentle breeze to hurricane force as my wife says) can be set to rotate or not.

I got up at 2.00 am this morning to get it out the cupboard, cooled the room down quickly, we don’t have the window open due to traffic noise.

Not sure I would have paid the £300+ price tag, but it works. 

• Like 1

Had an enjoyable day, nice and warm, some lovely people visiting the property we volunteer at, all very patient and understanding with the restrictions involved for inside visiting. Was great to look out of the upstairs windows of the house and see visitors walking the grounds, picnicking on the grass, everyone enjoying themselves with loads of smiles all round.

Got home around 5, cool drinks on patio, rather than cook we ordered a meal from local Zizzi’s via Just Eat app, from ordering to table just 40 mins, washed down with a a glass of Thatcher’s Apple Rose Cider. I then sat on the patio and began reading Barack Obama’s A Promised Land book, on of around a dozen books I got for Christmas and still working my way through.

Came in around 10pm, I do love warm summer nights, don’t like our cold and damp winters. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Lincslady.

Graham. Gra 

Pauline.  Pau.

I use the first 3 letters of our names.

Take care.

Graham.

Many apologies, Graham - of course I knew your names, but the old brain has gone to mush after the excitement of being taken  out for a meal for the first time since last September - in fact the first time out at all apart from one short car trip.  I was  dithery and almost dizzy for a while!

I know some posters are happy to use their names, others - like me - prefer to remain a bit anonymous.  Not in order to be nasty to people, of course.  

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Many apologies, Graham - of course I knew your names, but the old brain has gone to mush after the excitement of being taken  out for a meal for the first time since last September - in fact the first time out at all apart from one short car trip.  I was  dithery and almost dizzy for a while!

I know some posters are happy to use their names, others - like me - prefer to remain a bit anonymous.  Not in order to be nasty to people, of course.  

That's lovely you have finally been able to go out for a meal and I hope you had a fantastic time.

• Like 1

Funny sort of day today, neither one thing or t'other, one minute its warm and sunny then it turns cool and cloudy.

Looks like the folk on her have more fans than the England team, but didn't we do well? a win is a win even if they did make hard work of it.

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Have to admit, I was sceptical when we bought ours 2 years ago, but it’s way more effective than any other fan and really cools a room. At full blast it’s noisy, but still just about manage to sleep through.

we’ve just moved to a new build which is super insulated and so hot at the moment, the dyson does make it more bearable

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Have you tried sourcing really local honey to eat when the pollen is at its worst. You need to get honey from same pollen source as the one affecting you, it does not cure it but helps a bit.

Cheers,I am not affected much now just my OH.Local honey not as easy in greater London but definately available in Italy in local markets,will try it,cheers again,Brian.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks - well worth a try!  Three miles away may not be sufficiently local, but at £4 a pound jar (delivered!) I'm up for it. My wife suffers at this time of the year, but I might just share the honey.....