P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, kalos said:

Years ago I booked a weekend away for us to France , when the tickets came with the 

luggage labels they were in a nice see through zipper wallet that you could put your passports

and other bits in .Very handy and I still use it to this day .Sadly you get nothing like these days

and that was off a ferry company not a cruise line .:classic_mellow:

Yes those were the days. We have got a couple of very nice posh travel wallets from good old Thomas Cook. Used them for years and still do. 😀

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Surely Today is Every day Avril.😇

Or is today This day until tomorrow :classic_unsure: A lot of people don't like Mondays

But 48 hours ago was a sadder day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Years ago I booked a weekend away for us to France , when the tickets came with the 

luggage labels they were in a nice see through zipper wallet that you could put your passports

and other bits in .Very handy and I still use it to this day .Sadly you get nothing like these days

and that was off a ferry company not a cruise line .:classic_mellow:

Must have been P&O😉

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

It is a dull and breezy day here. I am going into Lytham soon for birthday cards and Easter eggs. The grandchildren like those from Thornton’s with their name on. 

Do they do that while you wait or must you pre-order?   I tried a search engine for Thorntons near me, and got a picture of a Thorntons gas station with branches in Tennessee and Illinois 😁 - I’d forgotten I was on a cruise ship!  

Lytham’s a lovely place to visit in any case.  I remember when they were called Thorntons Chocolate Kabin and I loved their caramel - just the stuff for removing the odd filling or two.  Not been in a Thorntons for many years.

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We've got the decorator in this week to paint the kitchen and the lounge ceiling (water stained from leaking shower). The older I get the more I dislike the upheaval and disruption of this sort of thing.

I feel your pain. 4 chaps here fitting the utility today I don't mind them or the noise of various power tools what I hate is the disruption and the darn low riders constantly wanting to go and see what they have brought them. Yes they bring them food. All 4 of them were here at some point when the wall was going up 5 days of this and those dogs with be circular. 

47 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Do they do that while you wait or must you pre-order?   I tried a search engine for Thorntons near me, and got a picture of a Thorntons gas station with branches in Tennessee and Illinois 😁 - I’d forgotten I was on a cruise ship!  

Lytham’s a lovely place to visit in any case.  I remember when they were called Thorntons Chocolate Kabin and I loved their caramel - just the stuff for removing the odd filling or two.  Not been in a Thorntons for many years.

They did the names while I waited, only took 5 mins. 
Michelle

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

😄😄 😄and round and round we go, just like the Oozlum bird.😂

Avril

Never heard of the Oozlum bird and just googled it……you learn something every day of the week don’t you!

• Like 1

Starting to get excited with only two weeks to go till we are on Britannia. Did do a blog last time we were on a cruise but it was after we came back. Might try and do it semi live this time. I’m not paying for the WiFi, too expensive. 

just getting all the dresses for the girls delivered but I can’t find any nice white shoes for the eldest at all. 

• Like 3

With regards printing out all the documents for the cruise and comments about the QR codes on the phone. I have got it all on my phone but I’ve heard talk about people struggling to get WiFi in the terminal etc and so many people are just printing it out as a back up. My sensible head means I like this so that’s why I’ve printed it all - it’s in a nice folder 😊

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

With regards printing out all the documents for the cruise and comments about the QR codes on the phone. I have got it all on my phone but I’ve heard talk about people struggling to get WiFi in the terminal etc and so many people are just printing it out as a back up. My sensible head means I like this so that’s why I’ve printed it all - it’s in a nice folder 😊

There are several ways to access your documents without wifi, depending on your phone/tablet. One common method is to download them into "downloads" or create a folder in documents to keep them all together. However I still like a paper backup, we found that quicker at the airport than some did finding the docs on their phones.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

When you take a screenshot you do not need WiFi or data to access your photos.

I like to have a printed back up and why I let my TA print our documents now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

There are several ways to access your documents without wifi, depending on your phone/tablet. One common method is to download them into "downloads" or create a folder in documents to keep them all together. However I still like a paper backup, we found that quicker at the airport than some did finding the docs on their phones.

Always print our documents out as a backup in case something happens to phone or tablet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Yes I know I can store them but my phone is quite small. I’d rather print them though in case I lost my phone or it broke (heaven forbid!). When I get home I’ll use the backs to make notes when I’m working then I’ll shred them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Don't forget the' toilet ' issue🤔

• Haha 1

Morning all hope everyone's feeling ok today :classic_smile:

I saw Eddie's post and it got me thinking of all the different types of milk they are ,some

are not even milk yet are regarded as milk ,strange really :classic_unsure: We have Oat /nut milk and loads

of other milk .Even a TV advert that wants us to buy their milk but tells us  "It's Not Milk " When really it is milk :classic_wacko: This all gets to confusing to me ,in my day the milk float brought us Gold.

Red and Silver top milk and if you didn't like it then it was a bottle of orange juice . I really like 

proper milk and as a kid I would get up early and go to the farm and watch the cows being 

milked . The farmer used to talk to his cows as he said that way they gave him more milk.

I think it was more a case of "In one ear and out of the udder ":classic_unsure: That's enough of my thoughts on milk but I do remember my grandparents when Granddad used to say ... 

'why buy the whole cow just for some milk?" Grandma would reply "why buy the whole pig just for a little sausage?"

I'm off to try and milk a coconut or something like that .Have a good day everyone :classic_smile::classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

Not a bad morning here, fairly bright with a stiff breeze, continuing with the milk theme;

There was a farm in Huddersfield
That had a cow that wouldnt yield,
The reason why she wouldnt yield
She didnt like her udders feeled.

May be an image of text

No photo description available.

• Haha 12

Sun trying to peer through here but still a bit chilly. No problem I am housebound all week.

Its a busy day here starting at 7am when the electrical and plumbing were removed from the kitchen island closely followed at 8am by the granite chaps removing its worktop. Now the builders chaps (there are 8 today) have ripped out the island and have started repurposing it in the utility room. New navy units to form the replacement island are currently being built by 2 lads who look as if they should still be in junior school. Then voila new navy island in situ and at 5pm the granite men will return and back it goes. All from the animal kingdom are firmly locked in the bedroom but will make a guest appearance for their fans at 1pm when they hope to score multiple snacks. All in all getting there.