P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning all ,hope everyone's good 😊

What a stormy night that was ,the rain was hammering down on the windows, enough to

wake us both up from our slumber. All is calm again now.

I've just been educating myself by reading up on some of the cheese companies named

above . I personally used to be a "basic" cheese eater , a bit of cheddar topped with a 

bit of onion or tomato and I was sorted . If I wanted to push the boat out , then I would 

buy some of that cheese that is made backwards ..Edam ! 😉

Whilst looking these cheeses up I discovered that as well as buying it ,you could enrol 

for a bit of cheese tasting online !   😮 Isn't technology brill ?   I hope this idea catches

on with other outlets, such as steakhouses and pubs . I can just see it  now Mrs K 

wants a pub meal just as I'm settling down to watch Flog it on telly , It would be nice 

to taste a good steak washed down with a Carlsberg ,simply by logging onto ..

www.lazysodnightoutfor2.com .I'd be well up for it tasting that online .

Whatever cheeses you go for always remember .. 

A cheese sandwich is better than complete happiness,

because nothing is better than complete happiness,

and a cheese sandwich is better than nothing.:classic_unsure:Have a good day guys :classic_love:

The tasting are great. They send the cheese overnight cool delivery on the Thursday and the events are usually on a Friday. Very informative and fun (and a good excuse to open several different wines in the name of appropriate pairing).

By the way bag that domaine name for meal delivery quickly before someone steals it😀

• Haha 5

We took part in an online wine tasting recently via Zoom. It was great fun though as usual they spoke at length about the first two samples then we ended up rushing through the last four.

P.S. I was going to type "Naked Wine tasting..." but then I thought of all the comments that might attract!

May be an image of 2 people

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

The tasting are great. They send the cheese overnight cool delivery on the Thursday and the events are usually on a Friday. Very informative and fun (and a good excuse to open several different wines in the name of appropriate pairing).

By the way bag that domaine name for meal delivery quickly before someone steals it😀

Mild Cheddar and pineapple on a cocktail stick paired with a subtle Blue Nun,perfetto.

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I think they should have their mobile phones taken off them as they contain and are 

made of those nasty hydro carbons they dislike so much .

Possibly take job seekers off them or name and shame them as I know where I worked 

they would have been sacked pronto .

Too much time on their hands ,they should be put on enforced litter picking , if they are 

so keen on saving our planet .

Apparently they may be financed by a fund JP Getty's granddaughter Aileen set up who supports Stop Oil and their civil disobedience campaign

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Mild Cheddar and pineapple on a cocktail stick paired with a subtle Blue Nun,perfetto.

But in really sophisticated homes one would never forget the half orange covered in tin foil in which to poke the said cocktails sticks. Blue Nun or perhaps a Black Tower or cheeky wee pink Mateus!

The 1970s are calling, they want their food and wine back please.

• Haha 6

Just now, Eglesbrech said:

But in really sophisticated homes one would never forget the half orange covered in tin foil in which to poke the said cocktails sticks. Blue Nun or perhaps a Black Tower or cheeky wee pink Mateus!

We could only afford half a raw spud.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Apparently they may be financed by a fund JP Getty's granddaughter Aileen set up who supports Stop Oil and their civil disobedience campaign

The Grandson just cocks a deaf'un.

• Haha 1

Ds took his first National Express today, Bournemouth to Cambridge. First coach late into Victoria due to said protesters, missed his connection by 5 minutes, no one at the information desk to help, had to fork out £30 for new ticket Victoria to Stanstead as no through coach to Cambridge. Next connection due hr late so he forked out another £12 got train rest of the way. He’d already had to work travel around train & tube strikes. Hopefully his return on Thursday will be better! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

On Celebrity the wet behind the ears wine waiter recommended a dry white with the lobster.  I had mateus just to confound him. He was right.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Beautiful morning here in Shirrell Heath, having just had a cracking breakfast, The New Place does have exceptional bangers. A nice stroll through the village then get our gear together for our taxi ride to the Mayflower terminal to board Arcadia for the next 40 nights. I will try and report back whenever wifi is available (at no cost of course) If I can't then happy Christmas everyone.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Beautiful morning here in Shirrell Heath, having just had a cracking breakfast, The New Place does have exceptional bangers. A nice stroll through the village then get our gear together for our taxi ride to the Mayflower terminal to board Arcadia for the next 40 nights. I will try and report back whenever wifi is available (at no cost of course) If I can't then happy Christmas everyone.

Have a great cruise!

Wonderful!  That's quite some cruise you're on there - always wanted to visit New Orleans, quite apart from all those other exotic places.  Have a great time (not much doubt about that!).

The hotel sounds nice, do you park there for the duration of the cruise?

We came back on Arcadia last Sunday and had a great time. 

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a marvellous time.

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a lovely time.

• Like 1