P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning ,hope everyone's doing fine .🙂

Day 2 of the New Year and the festive season draws to an end and as we swallow the 

last of the selection boxes ,we can comfort ourselves knowing our Easter eggs are now

on the shelves waiting for us 🤣 

A spokesperson for the supermarkets said " It is what our customers want ,they like to

buy early "  Does anyone know who these persons are who asked for these eggs to be

stocked for the 2nd of January ??

When you think of all the products supermarkets could not supply or were short of , they 

have not let us down with our Easter eggs . The good news is you can test a few before 

we get to April , to see which you like best 😋

Anyway merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you all ...As you can see  I do suffer from 

premature congratulations ! :classic_unsure: Have a good day !

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Getting back to a bit of normality today, put curtain rail & new thermal door curtain up this morning in the hall across our north facing front door. Next fun job is to empty the compost bucket into the Hotbin Composter, I can also install one of my Christmas presents a compost bin thermometer.

As it’s a sunny day, will also do a bit of tidying up in the garden, cutting back or removing plants damaged by frost. 

Recording the new mini-series Stonehouse on ITV over next few evenings, so we can fast forward through the ads. Have a personal interest in this, as I knew John Stonehouse as he was my MP, I worked on his election campaigns in 1970 and 1974, the latter I was a Polling Agent. I will be interested to see how they portray him in the series. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Getting back to a bit of normality today, put curtain rail & new thermal door curtain up this morning in the hall across our north facing front door. Next fun job is to empty the compost bucket into the Hotbin Composter, I can also install one of my Christmas presents a compost bin thermometer.

As it’s a sunny day, will also do a bit of tidying up in the garden, cutting back or removing plants damaged by frost. 

Recording the new mini-series Stonehouse on ITV over next few evenings, so we can fast forward through the ads. Have a personal interest in this, as I knew John Stonehouse as he was my MP, I worked on his election campaigns in 1970 and 1974, the latter I was a Polling Agent. I will be interested to see how they portray him in the series. 

That's interesting SH. I'd love to know how the portrayal on the TV compares to the real man. Do let us know. J.x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jennizor said:

It was part way through so didn’t see it all. I have never seen one before, have they always done them?

They have had numerous TV campaigns over the years. Do you not remember the campaign with Rob Bryden ?

• Like 2

A cracking start to the day here weather wise, bright and crisp much better than the grey soggy one yesterday, dry January does seem to be dragging on a bit too. I was looking through the news feeds earlier and we should be careful when driving as it may have been icy last night so it will be dangerous, really, or is it just a rumour started by the council because they haven't gritted. I had to smile when I saw these photo shopped pictures for a singles site, how gullible are people? 

People whose photoshop attempts have gone VERY wrong

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

A cracking start to the day here weather wise, bright and crisp much better than the grey soggy one yesterday, dry January does seem to be dragging on a bit too. I was looking through the news feeds earlier and we should be careful when driving as it may have been icy last night so it will be dangerous, really, or is it just a rumour started by the council because they haven't gritted. I had to smile when I saw these photo shopped pictures for a singles site, how gullible are people? 

People whose photoshop attempts have gone VERY wrong

Blmey they would scare people off surely?! 😳

• Haha 8

35 minutes ago, wowzz said:

They have had numerous TV campaigns over the years. Do you not remember the campaign with Rob Bryden ?

Just popped onto YouTube and  as well as Rob Brydens TV adverts ,I saw some from the 

P&O Cruises "There's a world out there " TV advert campaign, with it's posh music .

I remember them well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

He should have joined the Hartlepool Kayak club.

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Thanks, I have a glass door leading directly from the living room to the cold porch with double glazed front door. I had never heard of a thermal door curtain.

Had the normal repeat prescription chaos. Boots received the electronic request from the GP on the 20th but somehow forgot to text me that it was ready to collect. I was down to my last staying alive pill.

With 5 P&O cruises booked for this year the task for tomorrow is to obtain an annual multi trip policy. Europe only but 72 with medical issues.

Edited by davecttr

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Thanks, I have a glass door leading directly from the living room to the cold porch with double glazed front door. I had never heard of a thermal door curtain.

Had the normal repeat prescription chaos. Boots received the electronic request from the GP on the 20th but somehow forgot to text me that it was ready to collect. I was down to my last staying alive pill.

With 5 P&O cruises booked for this year the task for tomorrow is to obtain an annual multi trip policy. Europe only but 72 with medical issues.

Seems thermal door curtains are popular we had to drive to Dunelm Stafford to get this one before Christmas, all other stores in area had very limited stock and did not have the two options we liked. 

• Thanks 1

Took all of our Christmas decorations down now and it all seems very bare !

Getting ready to return to work on Wednesday, so just one more day of being lazy, and eating too much. Am avoiding the scales or a mirror at the moment !!!

Can't complain, we have had a lovely, quiet and restful Christmas this year and a great stay at The Three Horseshoes in Leek (am I allowed to say that?) for new Year. Must admit we have a Christmas cruise booked for next year but we've both said that we have enjoyed just relaxing this year and may move it to something else early 2024.

In 2023 we seem to have a number of holidays / cruises booked which have been postponed since 2020 and 2021. A land holiday in Sorrento over Easter and a cruise on Britannia to Norway. Looking forward to both, though we are keeping it all a secret from the cat who has been spoiled and been on most stays at our caravan with us since 2020!  I also have a birthday with a 0 in it at the end of the year so retirement could be an option at some point.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

Let us know how you get on, as we are renewing our annual policies as well.

Looks like Avanti are in the running, plus they have a 20% discount if you look at their press ads.

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Looks like Avanti are in the running, plus they have a 20% discount if you look at their press ads.

Check carefully before booking. A couple of years ago I was looking to renew and got a quote from a company, may have been Avanti but I’m not sure. In that instance, the 20% discount only applied to the basic premium and the extras for declared medical conditions etc (which can be quite large), we’re not discounted. Still fairly competitive though.

Edited by pete14

31 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Check carefully before booking. A couple of years ago I was looking to renew and got a quote from a company, may have been Avanti but I’m not sure. In that instance, the 20% discount only applied to the basic premium and the extras for declared medical conditions etc (which can be quite large), we’re not discounted. Still fairly competitive though.

It’s same with this promotion, this from small print in their ad

‡ Discount applies to the base premium of the policy only. Does not apply to add-ons or any medical screening costs where relevant. Offer ends midnight 31 January 2023

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

When it comes to travel insurance, the problem is people put on review sites how wonderful they are and all they are telling you is how easy it was to buy,

not about when things go wrong .

I have used Get Going that covers me for medical issues and when things went wrong they paid me out ,no problem .Recently they sent me a discount for being a past customer as well.

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2