P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Heavy rain and strong winds earlier but now we have blue skies and sun 10c.

My team Southampton are away in the cup today, dreading the result with the way we have been performing lately. Our new manager Nathan Jones (sorry to bring back bad memories to the Stoke supporters)  tries to play in a completely different way to what our players and whole club ethos is and it isn’t working. Oh well it’s only a game………

• Like 3

Good morning all.

Was nice and sunny as I took a walk into town to the TA to pay balance of our holiday. Met the rest of the family we are going with and TA sorted out our respective amounts due. Paid and started to walk home. Nearly there and the lead booker gets a phone call saying that the TA had made a mistake and forgotten to deduct our deposits and owned us all an amount. Discussing it we couldn't work out how she had arrived at the figure she had, so decided to return. Needless to say it started raining and we got soaked only for it to stop the minute we walked back into the TAs! All sorted now,  just the holiday to look forward to.

Only other plans for today is to get the Christmas decorations back up into the loft.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

Pam 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My team Southampton are away in the cup today, dreading the result with the way we have been performing lately. Our new manager Nathan Jones (sorry to bring back bad memories to the Stoke supporters)  tries to play in a completely different way to what our players and whole club ethos is and it isn’t working. Oh well it’s only a game………

The bad memories about ‘mad nath’ have not left yet. Maybe his methods work for Luton Town where he was successful (but not good to watch), but he is a one trick pony unwilling to change his philosophy about how to play the game, even when results are dreadful and the sack moves even closer. By the way, do you want Will Smallbone back?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The bad memories about ‘mad nath’ have not left yet. Maybe his methods work for Luton Town where he was successful (but not good to watch), but he is a one trick pony unwilling to change his philosophy about how to play the game, even when results are dreadful and the sack moves even closer. By the way, do you want Will Smallbone back?

Is Smallbone (no tittering please) not doing ok? I read the oatcake forum after a few games and he was getting some favourable comments!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Is Smallbone (no tittering please) not doing ok? I read the oatcake forum after a few games and he was getting some favourable comments!

He seemed to start quite well but flatters to deceive. I am not sure we are getting the best out of him, more on the fringes of games rather than really getting involved. The manager seems to like him though because he starts most games. In a more successful team that plays to his strengths, he may make a bigger contribution.
I would suggest that the oatcake forum is not the best way to judge how successful players are but it can be entertaining at times. Some ‘fans’ seem to want a whole new squad, new management and new owners all at the same time. 🥴

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Congratulations. Round 4 here you come.

• Thanks 1

What a miserable day with rain down here today so we took ourselves of to Southampton for som therapy shopping since we were due to be on Arvia yesterday! Think we had a luck escape from sounds of it from another thread, anyway brought myself 8 pairs of socks in the sale in John Lewis £10 reduced to £3.50 for 5 pairs bargain 😁 we then went to the Red dog saloon to have lunch , big dirty burgers but ther onion rings are to die for .

15CA47C2-2EEC-4FAE-9948-6473E4FEDAD6.jpeg

E1CF47B8-85E6-4A98-A406-D40A672362D5.jpeg

• Like 11

Hello everyone

There's way too many posts for me to catch up on but I hope you all had a good Christmas and a good start to the New Year. 

30 weeks until my cruise and I'm trying to eat all the Christmas chocolates and biscuits before I start my diet 😏 

I've missed browsing on here but life got busy and a little fraught for a while. 

• Like 16

Apropos of nothing,  we were listening to our favourite music tracks on Deezer (music streaming site) tonight and suddenly , up popped a P&O ad. You could have knocked me down with a feather !

Basically, price orientated advert,  and obviously aimed at a younger age group than us, but it does demonstrate that P&O are actively seeking a younger age profile to fill Iona and Arriva (sic). 

• Like 2

Belated Happy New Year all. I had a go at making a classic P&O Eggs Benedict with bacon on the side this morning, thought it turned out okay.

@Beckett lovely to read your posts again and I'm so glad you've stepped away from the stress of your old job. When I've suffered stress at times once I've reflected back I've realised that invariably the cause has been the actions of others or the situation I've found myself in rather than anything I've done myself. But that said, it was always down to me to put it right so well done to you for taking action to resolve it.

@P&O SUE I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' car crash. They sound just like my mum and dad before dad became ill. All you can do is support them as much as possible, which you clearly do.

IMG_2700.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Belated Happy New Year all.

The same to you Damien 🙂

That's got me thinking ? On what day should we stop saying Happy New Year ? 🤔

There must be a cut off point where we can say " you're too late or too early "

I like your new avatar , either you are in need of a shave or it's a cute mug shot of your dog 😉

For your dog owners who's dogs bark .....

FB_IMG_1673031254945.jpg.9a84101c7f0ccedc54f8332f9483c4ec.jpg

• Haha 17

42 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Belated Happy New Year all. I had a go at making a classic P&O Eggs Benedict with bacon on the side this morning, thought it turned out okay.

@Beckett lovely to read your posts again and I'm so glad you've stepped away from the stress of your old job. When I've suffered stress at times once I've reflected back I've realised that invariably the cause has been the actions of others or the situation I've found myself in rather than anything I've done myself. But that said, it was always down to me to put it right so well done to you for taking action to resolve it.

@P&O SUE I'm so sorry to hear about your parents' car crash. They sound just like my mum and dad before dad became ill. All you can do is support them as much as possible, which you clearly do.

IMG_2700.jpg

That’s a splendid looking breakfast, Damian! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

IMG_2700.jpg

Thank you so much Damian - for your warm welcome and wise words. Everything you say could apply to me - especially about having to put things right! 

Well that Eggs Benedict looks superb.  Much more appealing than some I've been served in restaurants - and the bacon - perfect. Time for breakfast I think!

Best wishes and thanks again.

Jane

Xxx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2022 at 5:55 AM, P&O SUE said:

While I’m here this morning I’ll just elaborate on my post from a couple of weeks ago about my parents. They weren’t ill this time but had a crash in their car!! I was so cross with them though as they had been to visit my Aunt  in Folkestone which is an hour away and it happened two days after all the snow arrived!

As you can imagine I hadn’t wanted them to go but my mum is so stubborn and my Dad just tends to go along with whatever she wants.

luckily they were near home when it happened. My mum phoned me ‘we’ve had a crash and Dad chest hurts’ This was about 6pm. At about 7pm they arrived at our local hospital, taken there ‘as a precaution’ and they didn’t get home until nearly 2am! They still haven’t had their possessions from inside the car returned to them yet including my mum’s disability badge and my dad’s walking sticks!

EDIT - my Dad’s chest hurt because of the air bag going off but as he’s under the care of the Heart Failure nurses you can see why I was alarmed!

Sorry Sue, I’ve only just seen this, what a worry for you and them! Was there much damage to the car?

The snowy weekend marked the start of a series of family issues here too 🥴

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DamianG said:

IMG_2700.jpg

Happy new year to you too Damian.

• Thanks 1