P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Five of the planes that were due to be in the coronation fly past that didn’t happen have just flown low over the North Wales coast in formation on the way to their base on Anglesey. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely royal breakfast graham and il expect you have afternoon tea ready as well enjoy your few days with Sarah and give Pauline my love 😍 

just finished watching the coronation and all the services lined up in the gardens of Buckingham palace and it brought back memories of when we went to see the queen for a garden tea party and had cucumber and mint sandwiches and lovely they were and how simple they were, lashings of tea and little chocolate cakes with a gold crown on , just walking through those arches and then inside with the huge staircases, the time went by so quickly, but cherished the moment.

Thank you Sandra.

We were fortunate to go to one of the Queen's garden parties too through Pauline's work and also had a lovely time.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sandra.

We were fortunate to go to one of the Queen's garden parties too through Pauline's work and also had a lovely time.

I was also fortunate to be chosen to attend a garden party. Held for Emergency Service workers, lovely day.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Has everyone been to a garden party? Am beginning to feel left out !

I was invited to one when I was a local councillor, but I was unable to go as it clashed with a family wedding in Cyprus. 

I have met the King though when he was Prince of Wales and when he visited where I worked.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Presto2 said:

A long time ago, back in the 80s. Our daughter was cross because (at 3) she wasn’t allowed to go with us. We took her back some cake, but she didn’t get that the Queen didn’t provide goody bags anything like the ones at parties she went to!  She met the Queen some 14 years later when she visited her school, and had a strict warning from us not to mention the goody bags!

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

My lovely boss once asked me if I wanted to be nominated but I declined. I have no problem with the Royal Family but as a quite shy person, I wouldn’t have enjoyed it. My colleague who got the invite, a more confident lady, really enjoyed it. She even had a joke with then Prince Charles. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

I was within 10 metres of Prince Andrew at an exhibition in Barcelona. 

He seemed a bit hot and sweaty. 

We eat quite often in Pizza express, Woking. We have never seen him......neither have the folk who work there.🤔

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is cloudy,12°C and misty here at the moment.

We watched over seven hours of coronation coverage yesterday and enjoyed it.

I hope everyone is well this morning.

It was cloudy here earlier but the sun has come out and the temperature is now 14°C so you may get a bit a of sun later.

We had the television on all day watching the coronation coverage so probably around 11 hours, it's a wonder our eyes haven't been affected.  Dad always used to tell us that our eyes would become square from watching to much television 🤣

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is cloudy,12°C and misty here at the moment.

We watched over seven hours of coronation coverage yesterday and enjoyed it.

I hope everyone is well this morning.

We enjoyed it too. Looking forward to the concert this evening now, the forecast is dry and warm in London for the day(and here) thank goodness.

Still no @kalos🤔 It's been two weeks now, so probably a cruise and we'll hear from him soon🤞

Have a good day everyone. x

Avril

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We enjoyed it too. Looking forward to the concert this evening now, the forecast is dry and warm in London for the day(and here) thank goodness.

Still no @kalos🤔 It's been two weeks now, so probably a cruise and we'll hear from him soon🤞

Have a good day everyone. x

Avril

I understand @kalos does not post on his phone so hopefully he is on a cruise and is safe and well.

• Like 10

Didn't watch much of the coronation yesterday as trying to sort out how we are going to get to Southampton for our cruise next Sunday, as the only train that shows on the timetable leaves here in the afternoon and it will take us over 20 hours to get there, if it running.

We've having a BBQ for family here this afternoon so have done some baking this morning. Gin and tonic cake and scones.

20230507_103041.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

It was cloudy here earlier but the sun has come out and the temperature is now 14°C so you may get a bit a of sun later.

We had the television on all day watching the coronation coverage so probably around 11 hours, it's a wonder our eyes haven't been affected.  Dad always used to tell us that our eyes would become square from watching to much television 🤣

Have a good day everyone.

We watched from just after 10 until 3pm, so just under 5 hours, didn’t watch any of the lead up, just from when King & Queen left the Palace until the end of it on BBC One at 3.

Today back to normal, weeding side path as dandelions have shot up whilst we were away, the weed burner will make short work of them.

Not sure whether we will watch concert or not, as not many appearing that attract use, may watch something on Netflix or Prime and record concert so we can fast forward the bits not interested in. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We watched from just after 10 until 3pm, so just under 5 hours, didn’t watch any of the lead up, just from when King & Queen left the Palace until the end of it on BBC One at 3.

Today back to normal, weeding side path as dandelions have shot up whilst we were away, the weed burner will make short work of them.

Not sure whether we will watch concert or not, as not many appearing that attract use, may watch something on Netflix or Prime and record concert so we can fast forward the bits not interested in. 

Miami Grand Prix for me.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

watch something on Netflix or

We watched a film, "Nobody" last night. Can't beat some good old fashioned violence, similar to the Equaliser movies !

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

Miami Grand Prix for me.

I have lost interest in F1 over last season and so far this year. The Red Bull car is so superior that there is just no way the others can match it on the DRS zones. When Mercedes were the top team there was always the possibility they could be beaten, and that's what inspired Verstappen to some scintillating driving. But this season even when Ferrari have managed an overtake, you know it won't last, so it's become very boring at the front.

• Like 3

Good morning, just catching up, we’re one of the only ones with Union flag & bunting up here, no community events except in the next village. We watched from 10 till 3 yesterday I made scones so we had those with homemade strawberry jam & (clotted cream obviously) whilst watch. Ds made a quiche Lorraine no sponge involved & I made sausage rolls, so we stuffed our faces while watching. Even my son  at uni watched the crowning which surprised me. We did have a bit of banter flying around in our phones between us including my mum & sisters wondering what he was doing behind the screen & why he put his pjs on 🤣

• Like 5