P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Talking of theatre , I’ve booked 42nd Street for later this month at the theatre in Canterbury. I’ve seen it many many years ago in London, I remember all the tap dancing, I love tap dancing! John hasn’t seen it though, really looking forward to it.

One of my favourite shows but not been able to get to see it this time around. Did see Guys and Dolls at The Bridge Theatre recently, which is brilliant and going to see La Cage Aux Folles at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre next month.

• Like 2

It's been a rather manic few days for me of late, which has left me feeling somewhat weary. I flew back from Spain last Tuesday and then on Wednesday it was down to Kent for my brother-in-law's funeral. Brought my sister back to Hertfordshire for a couple of days to look after her and make sure she wasn't too alone after the funeral. Took her back down to Kent on Saturday.

Was very lazy yesterday as I felt I needed to be. A bit less weary today but still taking it easy.

• Like 13

After a busy weekend, had friends staying it is back to normal(ish) not happy with the temperature for July, it was warmer in Alaska in June. Kudos to the passport office, we applied for new passports 10 days ago with MrsYP's arriving after 7 days and mine arriving today so I can start looking at the cruise offers again. 

• Like 10

Yes, the weather is pretty dire for July. 13c and drizzly here. It has been for the past few days, and again for tomorrow. Maybe the glittch in in BBC forecast for this week was correct after all😏😁 

I'm still waiting for this 'Hot plume from the Azores' to arrive.

Maybe it's sat nav is faulty😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Due to operational reasons ,sorry to inform you that the plume has now been diverted to 

Casablanca .Whilst some may be disappointed a survey done by P&O found that 99,9%

were more than happy with this arrangement,🙃

Thankyou for your understanding and hope you enjoy your wet and miserable day 😉🙂

• Haha 14

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Yes, the weather is pretty dire for July. 13c and drizzly here. It has been for the past few days, and again for tomorrow. Maybe the glittch in in BBC forecast for this week was correct after all😏😁 

Avril

Don’t worry il bring some sunshine and heat back with me for you avril, just wait for the weekend 😎

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

It's been a rather manic few days for me of late, which has left me feeling somewhat weary. I flew back from Spain last Tuesday and then on Wednesday it was down to Kent for my brother-in-law's funeral. Brought my sister back to Hertfordshire for a couple of days to look after her and make sure she wasn't too alone after the funeral. Took her back down to Kent on Saturday.

Was very lazy yesterday as I felt I needed to be. A bit less weary today but still taking it easy.

Sorry Andrew about your sad news of your brother in law , it’s understandable you’re feeling a little weary taking care of your sister and obviously worried for her being alone and all the driving etc , you’ve earned to be a little lazy now and again and rest up , take care .

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I  had a phone call this morning from the captain of the Monday evening bowling team to ask if I could help out this evening because they are a player short.  It is now pouring with rain so I am praying for it to stop before 6pm though judging by the sky that is unlikely.  The exterminator had just been and injected something into the loft to kill the wasps that have taken up residence, he will ve back on Wednesday to take the nest away.20230703_130506.thumb.jpg.b5298dbe051266d672e761f4083060a2.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Don’t worry il bring some sunshine and heat back with me for you avril, just wait for the weekend 😎

Thank you Sandra. I shall await with bated breath☺️

and crossed fingers🤞

Avril

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I  had a phone call this morning from the captain of the Monday evening bowling team to ask if I could help out this evening because they are a player short.  It is now pouring with rain so I am praying for it to stop before 6pm though judging by the sky that is unlikely.  The exterminator had just been and injected something into the loft to kill the wasps that have taken up residence, he will ve back on Wednesday to take the nest away.20230703_130506.thumb.jpg.b5298dbe051266d672e761f4083060a2.jpg

After it raining here for the last 3 hours in South Cheshire it’s now stopped and it’s brightening up. Hopefully it’s coming your way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Edited by terrierjohn
Wrong post

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I can access my account through the app

Neither website nor app functioning today for a lot of people, and looks to have been that way for a few days. No mention on their FB, Twitter or website - but plenty of mentions elsewhere. Website ‘upgrade’ apparently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Neither website nor app functioning today for a lot of people, and looks to have been that way for a few days. No mention on their FB, Twitter or website - but plenty of mentions elsewhere. Website ‘upgrade’ apparently.

We have accounts with YBS. All with old fashioned passbooks.

Smug of Woking

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Just the usual Scottish summer for us😥

IMG_1298.jpeg

• Haha 17

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Yorkshire banks are designed to not let you get your money out, why would we want to spend money?

This is true. 

But when a building society or bank prevents its depositors from accessing accounts for several days, and chooses not to announce the fact via its website or social media pages sometimes the message that sends out could be mistaken for an alarm bell.

7 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

After it raining here for the last 3 hours in South Cheshire it’s now stopped and it’s brightening up. Hopefully it’s coming your way.

It stopped here in time for the bowling but I thought that  it was cold when I was playing.  I have just got home and still shivering so have turned the heating on (DH is not happy).

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It stopped here in time for the bowling but I thought that  it was cold when I was playing.  I have just got home and still shivering so have turned the heating on (DH is not happy).

More importantly, how many did you win by?

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

More importantly, how many did you win by?

The team won 158 to 145, personally I lost  21 to 20

I don't usually play on Mondays unless the team are desperate, then the captain calls me because having been friends since we started to work together almost 49 years ago she knows that I  don't usually do anything on Monday evenings.

• Like 3

Anyone up😃

Today, having been surprised at how little my insurance had gone up after vascular surgery (I thought I would be refused), we saw a cruise with a great itinery of Round Britain, then Amsterdam, Brussels, and Paris, so we booked it.  We knew the hotel for the night before would  be a bit pricey as its only 8 weeks away but we were shocked, prices were in the hundreds.  even the Premier Inn was £187  and others a lot lot more.

My first thought was Cowes Week which shoves prices up but it isn't. Later OH said he had found out that Arvia, Anthem of the Seas, and our NCL ship are all in on the same day so that must be 10,000 or more passengers and probably a good percentage will stay in Southampton the day before.   No wonder the place gets gridlocked.

• Like 11