P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

45 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That must be a Marmite one

It annoys me, yet makes me smile, all at the same time

I didn’t know there were any “celebrities” in it

Ah well, that depends how you interpret celebrity. I wish I had a quid every time I watch celebrity, Chase, Tipping point, Pointless etc and say who the hell is that?

• Like 7

10 hours ago, kalos said:

You don't see many running around the beach in Sunderland .

They would soon be between a bread bun ,faster than you could say Greggs 😉

Hope everyone's OK , we just did the  tests and we are both clear thank goodness .

Yay! Good news Kalos

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Was a ski holiday. No food in shops and people were very poor. Quite an eye opener (especially after Austria).  We all left most of our clothes, etc, for the staff when we left! 

Went to Bucharest on business once, the local grocers had just had a truckload of eggs delivered and the queue was miles long.

Now I hate to use the other C word, but…..

Anyone who uses Waitrose for their deliveries, their Christmas slots (20th to 24th Dec) opened up to book this morning. I’m ashamed to say I nabbed one - and it pleased me immensely (am such a sad person 🤣🤣🤣).

Edited by Angel57
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 months ahead!???

That’s a bit crazy, isn’t it? - though I don’t blame you nabbing one.

I’m a Tesco deliveries person and I don’t think I’ve seen anything from them on their C timetable.

I must confess to having thought about C and had a brief discussion with the OH but that’s as far as it went

It’s another lovely day here.  We’ll set out for a nice long coastal walk shortly.  The forecast for later in the week is not so good, so Carpe Diem (I seem to be saying and thinking that a lot lately.  Perhaps I’m getting old?)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

3 months ahead!???

That’s a bit crazy, isn’t it? - though I don’t blame you nabbing one.

I’m a Tesco deliveries person and I don’t think I’ve seen anything from them on their C timetable.

I must confess to having thought about C and had a brief discussion with the OH but that’s as far as it went

It’s another lovely day here.  We’ll set out for a nice long coastal walk shortly.  The forecast for later in the week is not so good, so Carpe Diem (I seem to be saying and thinking that a lot lately.  Perhaps I’m getting old?)

I agree it is ridiculously early, but I suspect the slots will all be gone by the end of the week!

A coastal walk sounds lovely. Make the most of the good weather and enjoy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Anyone who uses Waitrose for their deliveries, their Christmas slots (20th to 24th Dec) opened up to book this morning. I’m ashamed to say I nabbed one - and it pleased me immensely (am such a sad person 🤣🤣🤣).

Thanks very much for the tip! Not sad at all - just forward planning! My kids say thank you too - daughter every bit as chuffed as you are. 👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I agree it is ridiculously early, but I suspect the slots will all be gone by the end of the week!

You have to be prepared did, dib, dib and all that.

If Chris Rea was staying in Wales he would have had to start Driving home for Christmas by now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

16 hours ago, lincslady said:

If that is the one with policemen talking baby talk,  it drives me nuts.

Even worst than the whining kid.  I reeeely want to make a space ship out if that washing up liquid bottle. It's lasting a reeeely long time.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

We will go around the shops a bit nearer the time. In years to come we can chat to the Grandkids.  You won't remember shops kids. Big places full of colourful displays and tempting treats. A bit like the big government distribution centre, but you could go inside and look at things........Did they still deliver Grandad ?. Some did, but you could take stuff home in your car.....what's a car Grandad?.🤫

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

51 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Many thanks, just done a holding one.  Delivery gone up to £4, for all dates and times, but at present heaps of slots here.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Even worst than the whining kid.  I reeeely want to make a space ship out if that washing up liquid bottle. It's lasting a reeeely long time.

I do agree but at the moment, daytime TV seems to exist on ads for Staysure that are so awful, they make me want to throw something through the TV. Oh, and a slightly misheard one where a cartoon lady tells us that she doesn’t want a funeral ‘because no one likes me’.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

13°C and sunny here.

I hope everyone is well and you all have a great day.

IMG_20230925_075905.jpg

I love seeing your mouthwatering breakfast butties Graham.😋...........

I then sit down for my weetabix with blueberries. tasty and healthy, but not quite in the same league is it?

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1