P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 12/10/2023 at 5:47 PM, P&O SUE said:

Hi Sarah, I’m sorry for all your problems and know exactly how you’re feeling. Hope things start to improve soon. At least you have your sister to help. Mine is a good 2 hours away so most of it is falling on us. She said today they had a nice trip to the cinema, lucky her I thought!!

My mum has been staying with us since the 11th October when my Dad went into hospital. He sadly passed away a week later so we’re stuck in limbo really. She’s not safe to be left alone but she’s very stubborn and isn’t keen on a home. On top of all that John broke his arm sometime between my dad dying and the funeral! No driving for him! His cast is finally off now so he’s done couple of short trips which is good. It’s really too cold to be at a bus stop! He’s been signed off work til the 30th December!

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear about your dad Sue! What a difficult time for you, with that to deal with, your mum to look after & John’s broken arm, puts my problems into perspective.

I am lucky that I can share the load with my sister, she lives in Maidstone so not too far away.

Thinking of you x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is clear and cold 3°C here.

Yesterday was 7 years since I joined Cruise Critic and we went out for a meal.

Rib eye steak for me and  Salmon for Pauline and we both had Banoffe cheesecake.

I hope everyone is safe and well and you all have a happy day.

IMG_20231213_180300.jpg

IMG_20231213_184236.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 19

Morning all, hard to say what the weather is like here as it is still dark.

A good day for me yesterday as I got discharged by the physo in the morning and don't need to go back to see the consultant for 12 months as everything has settled down so well, it seemed a bit odd looking at the x-ray of my pelvis with the new hip joint. I had seen online photos but when it is actually you it brings home what can now be done to give us those extra years for cruising. I can now more or less do whatever I want travel wise, just need to square things off with insurance. We had a cruise in mind but due to issues with an Ambassador ship that has fallen through. Plan B is to go self catering to the Canaries again as we really enjoyed that in 2022.

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

A good day for me yesterday as I got discharged by the physo in the morning and don't need to go back to see the consultant for 12 months as everything has settled down so well, it seemed a bit odd looking at the x-ray of my pelvis with the new hip joint. I had seen online photos but when it is actually you it brings home what can now be done to give us those extra years for cruising. I can now more or less do whatever I want travel wise, just need to square things off with insurance. We had a cruise in mind but due to issues with an Ambassador ship that has fallen through. Plan B is to go self catering to the Canaries again as we really enjoyed that in 2022.

Congratulations.  Enjoy your new freedom from pain.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Morning all. Great news about the hip Phil,have a great holiday whatever you decide.

That steak looks lovely that you had last night Graham.

I like eating out ,I once ate at Mary Poppin's Restaurant 

Super cauliflower cheese biscuit but the lobster was atrocious 🙃😉

Have a great day -take care 🙂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

It's 3˚C, raining and there is the prospect that the rain will become less cold during the day. 

Off to hospital to see a new consultant today. Main medication proscribed by one consultant is producing some stratospherically outrageous side-effects and so this second consultant's roll is to mitigate the effects of the medication without reducing it's efficacy. A third consultant is booked for early in the new year to deal with the results of the side-effects. 

And the moral of the story... tick the "I'm happy to help with research" box and there is never any chance of getting bored, not having somewhere to visit or finding it difficult to meet new people!🤣😷

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning from Lisbon on a nice bright day , just having some breakfast, I forgot to send pictures of Maderia so il include some of them , I’m sure you’re all know which one .

we have had some lovely lunches in the glass house and yesterday was Sindhu tiffin lunch which we were not impressed with as it was really some portions, we did have a pay for starter in the main restaurant the other night , lobster and crab starter which was well wit so we’re thinking of having the full specialty meal the last night for £14.95 . 
Headliners shows have been very good, last night a good comedian, and the other night a Whitney Houston singer .  We have been having some nice fish dinners in the evening and plenty of roast dinners for lunch as they seem to be better at lunch than at night with more veg on offer.

We were in Tenerife with Azura and had a pretty dismal sound off when leaving, this will be my last post now until I get home , I hope I haven’t board you all but brightened your day during the cold weather back home . 

IMG_4943.jpeg

IMG_4947.jpeg

IMG_4949.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

IMG_4978.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4985.jpeg

IMG_4992.jpeg

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5011.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5023.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Morning all,

Supposed to be a nice day here, partly sunny and 12c, so will see.

Had a busy day few days, so far this week. Tuesay met some friends for lunch and yesterday was filled with a trip to Tescos, followed by a day of baking and then an evening and meal out with friends.

Today is Mum's birthday so will be going over to see her, when my car arrives back, as my daughter is still borrowing it to get to work.

Hope everyone had a good day.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Fantastic news Phil.

Hopefully you have no issues with holiday insurance now you have been given the all clear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning from Lisbon on a nice bright day , just having some breakfast, I forgot to send pictures of Maderia so il include some of them , I’m sure you’re all know which one .

we have had some lovely lunches in the glass house and yesterday was Sindhu tiffin lunch which we were not impressed with as it was really some portions, we did have a pay for starter in the main restaurant the other night , lobster and crab starter which was well wit so we’re thinking of having the full specialty meal the last night for £14.95 . 
Headliners shows have been very good, last night a good comedian, and the other night a Whitney Houston singer .  We have been having some nice fish dinners in the evening and plenty of roast dinners for lunch as they seem to be better at lunch than at night with more veg on offer.

We were in Tenerife with Azura and had a pretty dismal sound off when leaving, this will be my last post now until I get home , I hope I haven’t board you all but brightened your day during the cold weather back home . 

IMG_4943.jpeg

IMG_4947.jpeg

IMG_4949.jpeg

IMG_4951.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_4976.jpeg

IMG_4978.jpeg

IMG_4983.jpeg

IMG_4985.jpeg

IMG_4992.jpeg

IMG_5002.jpeg

IMG_5011.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

IMG_5017.jpeg

IMG_5022.jpeg

IMG_5023.jpeg

IMG_5029.jpeg

IMG_5030.jpeg

IMG_5044.jpeg

Excellent photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

Supposed to be a nice day here, partly sunny and 12c, so will see.

Had a busy day few days, so far this week. Tuesay met some friends for lunch and yesterday was filled with a trip to Tescos, followed by a day of baking and then an evening and meal out with friends.

Today is Mum's birthday so will be going over to see her, when my car arrives back, as my daughter is still borrowing it to get to work.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Happy birthday to your dear mam.

hapbird20-14.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A super collection of photos, Purdey.

Great news about your hip ,Phil  You have done very well.  I have two different lots of metal in my right femur, one into the hip joint (the original one) and one from the knee up,  I must ask to see an X-ray sometime, as it should be fascinating.  These of course were after falling, not elective ops, and have taken longer to improve and I sadly still have a bit of a limp and not good at walking far.  However, I can still walk, so luckier than many people!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Graham’s steak looked good.  We’re doing a steak & wine offer tonight.  Maybe pics tomorrow?

Loving Purdey’s pics.  Sunshine!

Thought for today, for the older readers (I’ve no idea if the attribution is true, but I like the sentiment anyway)

6247D3AD-5D8D-44B2-A3EB-ED32082E6C76.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@yorkshirephil Great news Phil. You seem to have made a fairly seamless recovery but I'm sure your positive attitude was a lot to do with that. I'm really pleased for you. Happy bookings for your next holidays. 

@Purdey16 Thanks for the fabulous photos. That blue sky is a joy to behold. Glad you're having such a good cruise.

@grapau27 Ooh that steak looks scrumptious Graham. I hope it tasted as good as it looks. 

Grey, drizzly and miserable here today but not cold.

Hope everyone's having a good day.  Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We went out for breakfast this morning.

Sitting watching Judge Judy on TV now.

IMG_20231214_083555.jpg

Gail is out for coffee with her friends this morning....I wrapped her presents....Job done. I can now pick her up and then off to lunch at the pub. I'm feeling quite smug.🤣

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

@yorkshirephil Great news Phil. You seem to have made a fairly seamless recovery but I'm sure your positive attitude was a lot to do with that. I'm really pleased for you. Happy bookings for your next holidays. 

@Purdey16 Thanks for the fabulous photos. That blue sky is a joy to behold. Glad you're having such a good cruise.

@grapau27 Ooh that steak looks scrumptious Graham. I hope it tasted as good as it looks. 

Grey, drizzly and miserable here today but not cold.

Thank you Jane.

It was delicious.

Graham xx

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Graham’s steak looked good.  We’re doing a steak & wine offer tonight.  Maybe pics tomorrow?

Loving Purdey’s pics.  Sunshine!

Thought for today, for the older readers (I’ve no idea if the attribution is true, but I like the sentiment anyway)

6247D3AD-5D8D-44B2-A3EB-ED32082E6C76.jpeg

Hmm.........

I don't think I was meant to be a small, chubby, grey-haired, forgetful, arthritic old woman. That's the story of my extraordinary ageing process.👵

Avril

I think🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Hmm.........

I don't think I was meant to be a small, chubby, grey-haired, forgetful, arthritic old woman. That's the story of my extraordinary ageing process.👵

Avril

I think🤔

I'm with you there Avril.  I find it hard trying to only eat the things that don't make me chubby and the gray hair has gone white over the last year, my memory has forgotten that it's purpose is to remember things, my joints think that they don't need to bend painlessly.

My nephew's wife cracked up yesterday when I took my phone out to send myself a message to remember that she would be home next Monday so that I can drop off the children's presents.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

@yorkshirephil Great news Phil. You seem to have made a fairly seamless recovery but I'm sure your positive attitude was a lot to do with that. I'm really pleased for you. Happy bookings for your next holidays

Thank's Jane, the physio said the same, she says it is unusual for people to request extended exercises once they are signed off too. I am lucky that I have the decent health to help plus getting a highly rated surgeon and the support team behind him. You read all the horror stories about the NHS sometimes but I can't fault the whole experience during my op and recovery.

As for the holiday that has been booked; six weeks in Fuertaventura self catering mid Jan to end of Feb. That should just about top my recovery off nicely. 

• Like 7