P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,just booked our 1st cruise for 5 years off the telly.Spain,Canaries and Morocco.Barcelona to Barcelona over 2024 Christmas and new year.Flights,1 night hotel,12 night cruise on Celebrity Infinity, Aqua balcony,grats,drinks and wifi all inc. £6198 for 2 of us.Researching everything already,lol. 

lovely ship, one of  the 4 millennium class, getting on a bit now but just the ideal size in my opinion. 

We went around South America and through the Panama Canal on her a few years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

lovely ship, one of  the 4 millennium class, getting on a bit now but just the ideal size in my opinion. 

We went around South America and through the Panama Canal on her a few years ago. 

It's just been refitted apparently.Looking forward to anytime dining and Blu restaurant on Aqua class.We had club dining on Cunard and loved that also.Brian.

• Like 1

We are home after a great holiday in Fuerteventura, the weather is a bit of a shock to the system. We have just had a snow shower here and it is 2oC.

It is noticable that the garden is well advanced for this time of the year. The Hydrangea's have fully opened leaves on them, whereas last year the frost killed the buds in March. Plenty of life in quite a lot of plants that are usually bare at this time, hopefully no long frosty spells to set them back.

Hope everyone is well.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We walked to school regardless of the weather.

In rubber wellies that left a circle around your legs😬

Avril.

ps Why has the blue quote colour changed🤫???

• Like 5

21 hours ago, kalos said:

Hope you and Frank are doing ok and his Hozzie outpatient check ups are all OK.🙂

Frank says 'thanks for asking' kalos, and thanks from me too.

Everything's still looking well according to his doctor so we continue going forward. The change in him since he was admitted into hospital 28th December is quite honestly incredible.

Working out interesting and tasty salt restricted meals are getting much easier to do now too, so it will soon become second nature. He loves his coffee so I still have to keep a close eye on his fluid intake. He's gradually getting used to it, but I suppose I could always hide the coffee😁

I hope everything is still going well for you too kalos.

Avril

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I am pleased to hear Frank is doing well, Avril.  I got back yesterday from a few days staying with lovely son and DIL, being spoilt and taken out for a super birthday treat lunch - my present since I could not think of anything else I would like to have/needed.  

Now getting used to the beta blocker and anti-coag, and I will be getting an appt. for an echocardiogram sometime (could be months of course).  Hopefully that would show up anything else that needed treatment, but tests so far apparently suggest that I am 'unlikely to have heart failure' so I am probably lucky there.

It is good to have daylight before you think about getting up in the mornings, it makes a big difference to me and I imagine most of us.  Spring is definitely on the way, if not exactly here yet.

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Frank says 'thanks for asking' kalos, and thanks from me too.

Everything's still looking well according to his doctor so we continue going forward. The change in him since he was admitted into hospital 28th December is quite honestly incredible.

Working out interesting and tasty salt restricted meals are getting much easier to do now too, so it will soon become second nature. He loves his coffee so I still have to keep a close eye on his fluid intake. He's gradually getting used to it, but I suppose I could always hide the coffee😁

I hope everything is still going well for you too kalos.

Avril

Great to hear you and Frank are doing ok Avril. I'm doing fine and so is Mrs K who

is also at ease with the salt and sugar reduced diet that we now follow.

As for the drinks Mrs k make me a mug of tea but only gives me 2/3 full ,that way 

keeps my daily fluid intake down even if I have 8 or so a day . The cardio guy said 

"if I go over a bit,it's not the end of the world"  

As for food I do like a chippie meal now and again ,so yesterday we had a kiddie meal

but only had 2/3 of the chips and Mrs K did the mushy peas Asda own brand as they are 

low in salt but the trick is all in moderation.

I'm sure with you as his supervisor Avril , Frank will do just fine .

You two take care 😃

PS  We have got the pink text highlighter and not the blue one now 🤔

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

This is at the beach this morning.

Warm banana loaf 😋 and coffee.

IMG_20240301_112123.jpg

Just as well you went this morning Graham. It's horrendous now!

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s a lovely sunny morning here at the moment but feels cold. 

I am picking my three grandsons up this morning, they are coming to stay for the weekend. Not sure what we are doing today but tomorrow I am taking them swimming to Sandcastle in Blackpool(large indoor pool with loads of slides).

My mum is doing really well and pretty much managing independently again apart from shopping, cleaning etc. She has done amazing.

Hope you all have a lovely day whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Wow it is quiet here.

It is 2°C and sunny here.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone is well and we all have a happy day.

It is quiet Graham, so I thought I'd chip in. There's frost in the fields around me and DH who was on his way out, told me my car is frozen and would I like 'Princess service' if I'm going out 😁. This involves him placing a fan heater inside to defrost. However, I have decided on a cosy morning in, reviewing this year's holiday plans.

I'll be visiting a residential care home at sometime over the weekend to see a lovely gentleman with dementia, for whom I hold Power of Attorney (his niece was my best friend since childhood until she died, and we were both his Attorneys) and another two ladies who were both participants in a tea party for the elderly charity I helped with before Covid. Both ladies still find much to enjoy and interest them, despite their health issues and I always enjoy seeing them - separately, as one is in the care home and the other in a lovely retirement complex for over 55s.

I sometimes miss posts here, but has anyone heard from @Harry Peterson recently? 

• Like 11

886c616ffb8a752d9fd3928587b477c7.jpg.0d15ee8b0404bf5ade637aea90869425.jpg

Morning everyone i't's 2,c and raining again and it looks like there will be plenty of it.

Think we have to share so will send some up to Sunderland in the next few hours 😉

Whatever your doing today have a great day -Take care 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

Good morning everyone.

Dreadful and weird weather here…… yesterday about 5.30pm I was out walking Freddie and the clouds looked most ominous. Walking quickly and within 2 minutes of home, the wind howled and we had a hailstorm. Everywhere was white within seconds….. I rarely run, but I did the last 200 yards to the front door like Usain Bolt….🤣🤣.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. It’s a lovely sunny morning here at the moment but feels cold. 

I am picking my three grandsons up this morning, they are coming to stay for the weekend. Not sure what we are doing today but tomorrow I am taking them swimming to Sandcastle in Blackpool(large indoor pool with loads of slides).

My mum is doing really well and pretty much managing independently again apart from shopping, cleaning etc. She has done amazing.

Michelle

It's lovely to hear how well your mam is doing now Michelle.

Sounds like you have an enjoyable weekend planned with your 3 grandsons staying with you.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

That's such good news about your mum Michelle - really amazing considering how poorly she was. Long may she continue.

Have a great weekend with your boys. Jane xx

• Like 7

Good morning from down south it’s not raining yet !! Supposed to stay sunny and get to 8* today, we are going into Poole this morning to have a look around and try and find a O2 phone shop as I need some information about using my phone in Japan and Alaska so if anyone on here has been to these countries and used their phones any information is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning everyone.

Dreadful and weird weather here…… yesterday about 5.30pm I was out walking Freddie and the clouds looked most ominous. Walking quickly and within 2 minutes of home, the wind howled and we had a hailstorm. Everywhere was white within seconds….. I rarely run, but I did the last 200 yards to the front door like Usain Bolt….🤣🤣.

Yes I got caught in it too about 5.45 we went to my daughters for dinner last night and I made the pudding and chocolate brownies and just made it has the hailstones started and layered the pudds 😂😂

• Like 6

Wet, cold and grey but what better a day to get in the mood for a warm balmy evening in Athens in the middle of July... July? 

Who else but us would have tickets for a Midsummer Night's Dream in Stratford upon Avon for this evening?

Perhaps the Tempest or A Winter's Tale would be more appropriate! As we navigate through the wind, the rain, the sleet and the possibility of snow... with tomorrow's forecast  looking like 1˚C or 2˚C at best and feeling more like -1˚C or -2˚C... the RSC will need to conjure all of its considerable talents to create the atmosphere of an olive in Athens tonight!

We've remembered not to pack sunglasses.

Hope all are well!

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning from down south it’s not raining yet !! Supposed to stay sunny and get to 8* today, we are going into Poole this morning to have a look around and try and find a O2 phone shop as I need some information about using my phone in Japan and Alaska so if anyone on here has been to these countries and used their phones any information is greatly appreciated. 

DW has an O2 iPhone and gets worldwide roaming  included in her plan. I think its 60GB. I'll ask her and get back to you if I'm wrong.....again😁

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

My mrs has O2 and she only gets free roaming in Europe.When we went to Morocco recently it was a fortune so she made sure to use WIFI.

• Like 2