P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I used to write songs about sewing machines... 

I wanted to become a 'singer songwriter' 😊

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Needle-less to say, you didn't get very far then Andy :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Songs you could hem along to ?

Oh dear, what have I started??🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Mined a strong seam of CC poor punning, it seams.  We’ll likely be in stitches all day, if we follow this pattern.  Aargh

It’s a nice day.  Bright, sunny, calm, dry, and hopefully some of the mud will be in retreat.  No plans, other than a decent walk and collecting Friday fish. … which reminds me of Brian, who’s probably sur le continent already.  I’ll look forward to his fishy meal pics

Be good, stay calm, don’t watch TV news. Have a good day.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Or having a "good old nebb" !

When I was a lad , my Dad used to call me "nebby". At the time, I always thought it was a term of endearment. Now I'm not so sure !

Nebby is used up here too.

6°C and raining.

Pleased to hear the good news this morning.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I have a team Zapp??  No, just me and other Mods who step in if they see something while I'm not online plus of course CC official employees.

Do you want a team Sharon? I am sure there would be lots of sensible volunteers on here 😊

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I see my post referring to Lynnssister has gone too, just as well..  Harry did you know you were called "Hun" (for Honey) in her post.  My reply said I felt you were a nice sensible bloke and Hun just didn't suit.  It gave me a good laugh at 1 am.

Thanks!  Didn’t see that one, but I’m glad you got a laugh of her/him/them/whatever!  Hun indeed…….😜

Those posts are hilariously crazy - I won’t block them because they add to the fun, but if the intention is to disrupt it’s failing badly.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I hope I am allowed to ask this - if you post something and it appears as 'hidden', what does that actually mean?  Can someone experienced in the ways of CC explain please.  Presume this is not the same as posts just disappearing?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gadabout60 said:

If you have FOMO then you need to stay glued to the forum

Hope to hear good news of Emma and Jane later

Thinking about Emma and Jane last I also wondered how Damian was doing. He hasn't posted for quite a while. He had just got a new job, so he's most probably too busy🤞

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

My Mum used to have a problem with her Singer sewing machine, when the linkage from the treadle went slack.  Might that be the problem ?

They're more modern nowadays wowzz.🙄

Maybe the pilot light's blown out🤔

Avril 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Nebby is used up here too.

The only nebb I know of, is the peak on a flat cap. 

5c, dull and raining here for the 3rd day in a row. Really miserable, but it's bright, sunny and cheerful on here once again. I wonder why😉

I'm at a loss as to what to do today. We'd been planning to plant some lavender and heather that have been waiting in the greenhouse until the weather improves, but........... maybe tomorrow🤞

Have good day everyone, and I hope those who are poorly get well soon. Take care all if you're out and about. x

Avril

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I have a team Zapp??  No, just me and other Mods who step in if they see something while I'm not online plus of course CC official employees.

You do a such a marvelous job, I thought there must be hundreds of you. Well done and thank you.👏

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I hope I am allowed to ask this - if you post something and it appears as 'hidden', what does that actually mean?  Can someone experienced in the ways of CC explain please.  Presume this is not the same as posts just disappearing?  

I am not an expert but presumably if a post is hidden, it is hidden only from you because it is a poster you have chosen to block. It alerts you to the fact they have made a post and gives you the chance to click and see it. Posts that disappear are removed by the moderator(s) because they breach t&cs. Any posts that respond to the offending post are also removed because without the offending post, they don’t make sense and if they quote the post, there is no benefit from removing it in the first place. I am sure if I am incorrect, Sharon, or somebody equally enlightened, will correct me.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 3