P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Popped into Mcdonalds for a quick lunch. I had a happy meal.

20240803_135345.jpg

They say money can't buy you happiness ....

Yet Zapp  just brought a happy meal 🤔🙃

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Yum

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a funny like this in previous Olympics but never mind … (and apologies that I have absolutely nothing interesting to say)

C7DEB99D-9EB9-42A9-9F85-169B8154FADB.thumb.jpeg.1d7f814a62e2c09030f30284ad6950d0.jpeg

Does Captain Mannering know that Pike has been captured ?

Edited by Josy1953
  • Haha 5

We are watching the news and have seen that some idiots have been protesting in the city centre.  Why do these people feel they have the right to disrupt the lives of people going about their usually peaceful daily lives ?

I just hope that my social worker nephew who works in the city centre with homeless people is ok.

• Like 7

Just back from an Iceland cruise from Rosyth on Fred Olsen. It was so lovely to leave the ship yesterday morning and be home, cases unpacked washing done and on the line and food delivery all done before we would have even been home normally.

I really enjoyed the itinerary which had 4 ports I have not been to before. Given that we have done many, many cruises that’s unusual for me. 

Cruising by Duncasby sea stacks Cruising Pentland Firth
Cruising
Vestmannaeyjar* Vestmannaeyjar *
Reykjavík, Iceland

Grundarfjörður, Iceland*
Cruising by Hrísey
Cruising Eyjafjörður
Akureyri, Iceland
Husavik, Iceland*
Cruising
Tórshavn, Faeroe Islands Cruising
Rosyth, Scotland

We couldn’t  get into the first tender port which was a pity but the Captain cruised around Haiamay (sic) and we went right up the the Elephant rocks. 

A lot of sea life on the trip and with Orca onboard they were explaining what they were! Seeing whales became quite a common sight.

The guest speaker was a geologist and gave absolutely fascinating talks. I knew all about Pangea but had never even heard of Laurentia and Avelonia. He explained why Scotlands geology is more like Iceland, Greeneland and Canada and nothing like England and Wales. 

I also really loved the day in Husavic. Im a great Eurovision fan so went to the small Eurovision museum there and visited the sets used in Eurovision Fire Saga.

All in all a very pleasant voyage. Good service, decent food, interesting places and I learned something new.

I just wish more lines would leave from Scotland or the North.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Just back from an Iceland cruise from Rosyth on Fred Olsen. It was so lovely to leave the ship yesterday morning and be home, cases unpacked washing done and on the line and food delivery all done before we would have even been home normally.

I really enjoyed the itinerary which had 4 ports I have not been to before. Given that we have done many, many cruises that’s unusual for me. 

Cruising
Reykjavík, Iceland

Grundarfjörður, Iceland*
Cruising by Hrísey
Cruising Eyjafjörður
Akureyri, Iceland
Husavik, Iceland*
Cruising
Rosyth, Scotland

We couldn’t  get into the first tender port which was a pity but the Captain cruised around Haiamay (sic) and we went right up the the Elephant rocks. 

A lot of sea life on the trip and with Orca onboard they were explaining what they were! Seeing whales became quite a common sight.

The guest speaker was a geologist and gave absolutely fascinating talks. I knew all about Pangea but had never even heard of Laurentia and Avelonia. He explained why Scotlands geology is more like Iceland, Greeneland and Canada and nothing like England and Wales. 

I also really loved the day in Husavic. Im a great Eurovision fan so went to the small Eurovision museum there and visited the sets used in Eurovision Fire Saga.

All in all a very pleasant voyage. Good service, decent food, interesting places and I learned something new.

I may need to Cruise from Scotland. My weird cousin, who is into genealogy told me in passing that one of our ancestors was Sir Willam St Clair, Earl of Rosslyn, going back to the 11th century .One of our ancestors, 7th great grandfather was tried for treason and was hung,drawn and quartered by those nasty English. I didn't really want to know that.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

2025 from Leith / Rosyth on multiple departures...   Balmoral, Star Legend, Azamara Journey, Seven Seas Navigator, Sirena and Star Pride.

Ambassador Ambition from Dundee.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I may need to Cruise from Scotland. My weird cousin, who is into genealogy told me in passing that one of our ancestors was Sir Willam St Clair, Earl of Rosslyn, going back to the 11th century .One of our ancestors, 7th great grandfather was tried for treason and was hung,drawn and quartered by those nasty English. I didn't really want to know that.

You should visit Rossalyn Chapel (and read the Divinci Code). Fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Cruising
Reykjavík, Iceland

Grundarfjörður, Iceland*
Cruising by Hrísey
Cruising Eyjafjörður
Akureyri, Iceland
Husavik, Iceland*
Cruising
Rosyth, Scotland

I'm pleased to hear you had a wonderful cruise.

Fred Olsen have sailings from Newcastle.

• Like 1

Eglesbrech good to hear you enjoyed your FO cruise😁 I still use P&O if I'm going with my daughter and grandson but when it's my Husband and I we prefer FO.  We think overall we get a better cruise experience 😀

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear you had a wonderful cruise.

Fred Olsen have sailings from Newcastle.

Thank you.

We have cruised from Newcastle (and Liverpool as well) with Fred. It is also a more reasonable car journey for us. We left from North Shields last year going to the Northern lights. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s cloudy here today and feels cooler, better for sleeping though. 

My daughter and grandchildren are coming over today. She is having a new kitchen fitted this weekend so any chance of cooking is not looking good.

We went to see The Ultimate Classic Rock Show last night, it was brilliant!! They would be amazing on a ship, the place was rocking last night!! They are on YouTube if you want to take a look

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

Good morning.  

It is a bit cooler here so better for walking this morning

We already have the hedge trimmer and lawn mowers.busy somewhere nearby judging by the sounds.

it seems like a strange day here I have seen no birds in garden even the magpies and blackbirds haven't been around yet, no cats taking  stroll through to wherever they go, no dogs barking.

Have a great day everyone

• Like 9

15 hours ago, showingdiva said:

2025 from Leith / Rosyth on multiple departures...   Balmoral, Star Legend, Azamara Journey, Seven Seas Navigator, Sirena and Star Pride.

Ambassador Ambition from Dundee.

I fancy Azamara so I’ll look that up, thanks. I had heard that they have improved the docking at Leith. We have only ever left from there on the tiny Black Prince years ago.

Im not sure Ambassador would be for me but would be interested in views on it as Dundee would be very handy.

Edited by Eglesbrech

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I fancy Azamara so I’ll look that up, thanks. I had heard that they have improved the docking at Leith. We have only ever left from there on the tiny Black Prince years ago.

Im not sure Ambassador would be for me but would be interested in views on it as Dundee would be very handy.

Azamara rarely cruise round trip from UK ports, you would probably have to fly one way.

It was our favourite line for years until we did not wish to fly anymore, we now use Saga mainly for the home pick up and return.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have been on four or five Azamara cruises - well worth a look although as Bloodaxe says they rarely do a round trip so you might have to fly one way.  Older small ships but wonderful food and a great on board atmosphere.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have indeed.   Last Tuesday was a momentous day for Leith and the provision to dock larger cruise ships.   Carnival Legend had the privilege of being the first.

Everything I listed leaving to / from Leith fits comfortably into our existing terminal.

As for Ambassador ... I will report back after Wednesday (working with, possibly on board).

Oooh ... Black Plague ... there's memories!

Edited by showingdiva
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Went to Currys yesterday get a new Amazon Fire Tablet as my OH 13 year old Kindle fire was on its last legs as battery only held charge for a couple of hours. We bought the tablet then had a wander around store as we were looking for a replacement induction hob as one of the rings has failed. We were admiring the very large TVs and the quality of picture compared to out 8 year old TV and as often happens a member of staff came and asked if were interested in a new TV, she was a Sony Rep who worked in Currys. We said we were not looking for a TV currently but we were happy to have a demo. Well the TV she demonstrated was light years better than our current set and after a quick return home to check the unit, we opted to buy it.

So what turned out to be an exercise to spend some Currys vouchers, turned into an upgrade of our TV.

Took me just over 2 hours to remove old set and install and setup new one.

We watched some of the 100 on Sky so much clearer than the game I watched the other evening. We ended up watching the Day after Tomorrow after our evening meal, been a while since we last watched it and gave us food for thought afterwards which we hadn’t thought about the first time we saw it. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

Went to see Wrexham play a pre-season friendly against Fleetwood yesterday. So after the cricket in Cardiff last weekend and the football up North yesterday, we’re wondering what sporting event to attend next. I think the Olympics on TV will have to do! 

• Like 4

Who says these "Doris" AI bots don't earwig around them.We stayed with our daughter and family yesterday in Sevenoaks.We popped into M&S for dinner bits.When we got back we told our SIL we got him a posh pork chop and daphne pots.We tried to get creamed cabbage but none available.After 10 mins guess what popped up on Marilyns faceache,you got it,a pork chop and creamed cabbage recipe.All this time Doris was sitting dormant in the corner of the kitchen,yeah right.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It was my daughters big birthday yesterday so we had a BBQ at theirs, great evening where we sat out till just after 22:00 when it was too dark to see much.

Bit of a quiet day today dull and cloudy although pleasantly warm. I had to water the garden as the hydrangeas were looking a bit limp. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

It was my daughters big birthday yesterday so we had a BBQ at theirs, great evening where we sat out till just after 22:00 when it was too dark to see much.

Bit of a quiet day today dull and cloudy although pleasantly warm. I had to water the garden as the hydrangeas were looking a bit limp. 

Happy Belated birthday to your lovely daughter Phil.

Screenshot_20240804_182506.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a good evening yesterday at my daughter's engagement party and met her future in-laws. The weather stayed dry and warm for the evening with party breaking  up at nearly 11pm.  Went back up to my son's today to help clear up and bring the contents of my house, that had been borrowed back. Still need to bring the BBQ home! 

I think a good time was had by all.

• Like 9

Today we are going to be getting a guest for 8 days while my sister, her son-in-law and grandchildren go on a Marella cruise.  It will be the first time that they have been away since my niece and her dad passed away.  Having the dog will mean a lot of long walks because he is a border collie and is used to going running with my 16 year old nephew most days in addition to running through the woods behind their house.  He is used to coming to our house so he should be OK but I'm not sure that my vaccume will survive the amount of hair that will be coming its way.

Have a great day.

• Like 10

Good luck 🐕 

Will he chase a ball?  That’s a good way for him to get his exercise without leaving you exhausted.  Anyway, hope you enjoy him.  A dog adds a lot to a walk, imo

Slightly cooler, definitely duller day here.  I’ll do a semi-thorough caravan clean & tidy before getting my nose back in my book.  William Boyd.  He’s a prolific author but I haven’t read any of his before.  Thoroughly recommend 

• Like 5