P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, just to say that, whatever the news I know that here on CC we will all see it out together. Stay safe everyone and let's all keep in touch ---- even the ones who sometimes step back a while . x

CC got us all through the first lockdown and I have no doubt we'll come through this one as well. Stay safe😷 and keep smiling😊

Avril

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Very cute Graham but seeing it's Halloween , time for a ghost story .:classic_ohmy:

Mrs Kalos and I as you may know like old worldly places but if they are near water all the better .

One of the memorable places we liked was the Drover Inn on the bonny ,banks of Loch Lomond 

in Scotland . Now the funny thing about it was Mrs Kalos likes places that claim to be haunted .

Well she got her moneys worth as she claims that she saw a mist that went near the door and

disappeared into the door frame . :classic_unsure:

I didn't see anything but felt uneasy , not sure if Mrs Kalos fault going on about it .

The meals and room were superb and outside a view of the Loch to die for .

Once this Lockdown is over she says we should go again but I'm not so sure now 

their web page even boasts a ghost page :classic_ohmy: Maybe one day, could do with a break . :classic_unsure:

Any of you who like that sort of thing I will post the link below :classic_smile:

https://www.droversinn.co.uk/about-us/ghosts/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, purplesea said:

Well, I've been feeling low all day. Even Harry's post couldn't raise a smile! My daughter rang earlier too to say she is going to skip the lockdown and go to Greece. I'm now feeling even more down!  

Many of us seem to be having these low days recently, including yours truly, and that's not a normal occurrence for me😉 It may be a comfort to know that your daughter will probably be a lot safer in Greece than here at the moment, and will be home in plenty of time for Christmas. Dad used to tell me that sometimes life will throw 💩 at you, and all can do is accept it, work through it, put it behind you and move forward. So keep posting, keep smiling😊 and stay safe😷

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Very cute Graham but seeing it's Halloween , time for a ghost story .:classic_ohmy:

Mrs Kalos and I as you may know like old worldly places but if they are near water all the better .

One of the memorable places we liked was the Drover Inn on the bonny ,banks of Loch Lomond 

in Scotland . Now the funny thing about it was Mrs Kalos likes places that claim to be haunted .

Well she got her moneys worth as she claims that she saw a mist that went near the door and

disappeared into the door frame . :classic_unsure:

I didn't see anything but felt uneasy , not sure if Mrs Kalos fault going on about it .

The meals and room were superb and outside a view of the Loch to die for .

Once this Lockdown is over she says we should go again but I'm not so sure now 

their web page even boasts a ghost page :classic_ohmy: Maybe one day, could do with a break . :classic_unsure:

Any of you who like that sort of thing I will post the link below :classic_smile:

https://www.droversinn.co.uk/about-us/ghosts/

We have lots of ghosts up here! If you like spooky try visiting Mary Kin’s Close in Edinburgh, there is a regularly seen ghost of a little girl. The whole street in the old town was bricked up during the great plague.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

Now the funny thing about it was Mrs Kalos likes places that claim to be haunted

I think my bedroom's haunted kalos. Everytime I look in the mirror this weird old hag stands in front of me so I can't see my beautiful face🤪

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think my bedroom's haunted kalos. Everytime I look in the mirror this weird old hag stands in front of me so I can't see my beautiful face🤪

Avril

Dont worry my dear it's just a defective mirror , get Frank to buy a new one .:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Anyone else thinking Ffs here we go again! 

hubby is going back to work tomorrow after being on furlough and leaked info looks like his work might be going very bad even though they have gotten ride off 9000k people already. 

literally sick of it all now 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Anyone else thinking Ffs here we go again! 

hubby is going back to work tomorrow after being on furlough and leaked info looks like his work might be going very bad even though they have gotten ride off 9000k people already. 

literally sick of it all now 

Wow a Vampire turns up on Halloween .:classic_smile:

Sounds very bleak Vamps but as you say your hubbys back at work tomorrow so take things one step at a time .

The might & regarding work maybes are not happening yet and with a bit of luck may not .

Worrying about things that have not happened you will end up making yourself ill (Worried Sick ?)

Imagine how the folks around you felt when all the pit's and steelworks closed , same as you .

Try not to worry ,things may get better or worse but you have two lovely girls and a hubby and together you

will get through this . Not easy but you will get there , I have been there wondering where the next meal will come from .

Just remember strange as it may seem you are the most important person in your family ,yes you!

If you don't look after yourself ,you will be in no fit state to care for your loved one's.

Chin up lass ,you can do this for your family .Support each other and take care of yourself .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kalos said:

Dont worry my dear it's just a defective mirror , get Frank to buy a new one .:classic_biggrin:

Thank you kalos I knew I could count on you. Funny thing though, that ghost looks remarkably like my mother!! but as you say, defective mirror😊

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We were asking the question in the club on Friday, does anyone actually know anyone who has had COVID, the answer is no. Then guess what, friends had been missing for 2 weeks. It turns out both have COVID but their son tested negative. . I phoned them yesterday, 'J' is feeling pretty rough but yesterday was probably his best day, however 'J' says she feels fine. They are both in their early seventies. They have no idea where they could have been infected. 🤞

Meanwhile I have my 17 day plus battle to get a repeat prescription for my heart medication. Due to a technical error the 56 tablet repeat never arrived. The pharmacist and me are both trying to get the doctors surgery to react, so far only automated replies. I take the final tablet on Wednesday so might be hammering on the practice door. 😱

Up to mid October, I only knew of one person who had Covid. That’s changed in the last fortnight. A former work colleague and her husband and two teenage sons are positive - the couple in their early 50s and feeling utterly lethargic, the boys are fine. A local lady in her early 50s again and her daughter late 20s - mild fever and another lady just turned 60 and her son, early 30s. It’s quite scary - they’re all fit and healthy individuals with no underlying conditions. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Up to mid October, I only knew of one person who had Covid. That’s changed in the last fortnight. A former work colleague and her husband and two teenage sons are positive - the couple in their early 50s and feeling utterly lethargic, the boys are fine. A local lady in her early 50s again and her daughter late 20s - mild fever and another lady just turned 60 and her son, early 30s. It’s quite scary - they’re all fit and healthy individuals with no underlying conditions. 

Our healthy friend caught it in the first wave and is still struggling... 

He is a 50 year old businessman who can now barely walk... 

I hope these people who dismiss Covid don't have to go through what he has... 

Andy 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Our healthy friend caught it in the first wave and is still struggling... 

He is a 50 year old businessman who can now barely walk... 

I hope these people who dismiss Covid don't have to go through what he has... 

Andy 

I’m really sorry to hear that. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Definitely agree with Kalos.. defective mirror.   I think that's the problem with mine too!

Also noticed that washing machines seem to be ruining clothes lately.   Mine are definitely coming out smaller . Grrrr🤣☺️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece who is currently isolating because she is half way through her chemo treatments has just received this message from her daughter's school, can things possibly get worse ?

IMG-20201101-WA0000.jpg

Not sure but it may be a good thing Josy to have the Daughter at home if she is clear of covid.

The risk to your Niece could be far greater if her Daughter is running up and down to school 

everyday with the risk of bringing the infection home.

We are in a similar situation due to my health ,Mrs Kalos job is on hold for that very reason .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Due to a technical error the 56 tablet repeat never arrived. The pharmacist and me are both trying to get the doctors surgery to react, so far only automated replies. I take the final tablet on Wednesday so might be hammering on the practice door

If you use the same pharmacist and they issue you regularly with your usual meds then they may advance you a few tablets to get you through for a few extra days until it's sorted. I had a similar problem with my meds once, and they advanced me one weeks supply until it was sorted. It can't hurt to ask.

Avril

• Like 2

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Also noticed that washing machines seem to be ruining clothes lately.   Mine are definitely coming out smaller . Grrrr🤣☺️

Mine too. There seems to be a lot of it about lately🤔 Oh well, there's always chocolate🤣

Avril

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If you use the same pharmacist and they issue you regularly with your usual meds then they may advance you a few tablets to get you through for a few extra days until it's sorted. I had a similar problem with my meds once, and they advanced me one weeks supply until it was sorted. It can't hurt to ask.

Avril

Good point, the pharmacist did say they could advance me a few tablets if necessary but also said they have particular difficulty in communicating with that practice. I don't know why, the practice has lots of doctors and nurses who have always dealt with me well, maybe it is an administration problem (they all have COVID? 😨)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Mine too. There seems to be a lot of it about lately🤔 Oh well, there's always chocolate🤣

Avril

My clothes are coming out larger. Weight 15st 9lb on the 12th January and 12st 6lb this morning 😇

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

My clothes are coming out larger. Weight 15st 9lb on the 12th January and 12st 6lb this morning 😇

Can I please have the make of your washing machine. It sounds a better model than mine😁

Avril

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, kalos said:

Not sure but it may be a good thing Josy to have the Daughter at home if she is clear of covid.

The risk to your Niece could be far greater if her Daughter is running up and down to school 

everyday with the risk of bringing the infection home.

We are in a similar situation due to my health ,Mrs Kalos job is on hold for that very reason .

I have just spoken to her and she has said that because it is half term they have not been in school for 9 days and so she is hopeful that her daughter is clear since she has shown no symptoms yet so we are keeping our fingers gets crossed.  I have said that if she still has no symptoms by Thursday I will let her come here when my niece goes for her chemo on Friday, she can't go to my sister because b-i-l has terminal cancer so is isolating too.