P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Those were my thougts too. All the posters who are having there problems tend to be towards  the southern areas.

Avril

We had ours 2 weeks ago. Surrey isn't north, unless you live in Hampshire🤣

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

Exactly John, my Doctors had no problem with our flu jabs and i dropped on when they must have had a sale on .

BOGOF.. I was given the pneumonia jab as well :classic_smile:

My BOGOF included shingles. Until I checked, I thought Americans put those on their roofs😁

• Haha 1

Here in the frozen north the system for the vaccine changed this year. Instead of GPs doing the injections locally they have been done at health board level but in local town and village halls or as a drive through to be Covid safe (window down, arm stabbed, move on).

It seems to have worked fairly well everywhere except the 2 big cities Where the travel distances have apparently been too far compared to Gp surgeries.

59 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had ours 2 weeks ago. Surrey isn't north, unless you live in Hampshire🤣

We had ours last week - we were invited to a Saturday clinic in September, but were away. I enquired about the pneumonia jab and the nurse immediately offered to give me that as well whilst I was there.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Advice given at the last minute in an ever changing scene will be current. If that advice was given a week ago it will be obsolete. Any profession with a degree of expertise will already have its protocols/procedures written with various options to take account of changes. One of the fundamental stages in any procedure is ' Review'. A good procedure won't involve pulling anything out of hats. That ain't planning, it's panic.

You can have all of the protocols in the world until someone changes all of the rules you are governed by at the last minute. Please don't question my expertise.... no need for that. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

You can have all of the protocols in the world until someone changes all of the rules you are governed by at the last minute. Please don't question my expertise.... no need for that. 

Everyone needs to be flexible in the current pandemic, there will undoubtedly be lots of occasions when last minute changes are requested by the authorities, and we all have to be willing to make allowances.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Everyone needs to be flexible in the current pandemic, there will undoubtedly be lots of occasions when last minute changes are requested by the authorities, and we all have to be willing to make allowances.

I am all for being flexible but when the lockdown was announced on Saturday and we get guidance at about 4pm today re who can work for us tomorrow morning etc etc etc it is not helpful when we have lots of little people to look after. They could have given it to us earlier in the week . To be honest, unless you've experienced the chaos we've had to cope with in education you would not believe it.

Eg We were told schools were closing on the Wednesday other than for key workers and vulnerable children. (during the briefing to the nation via the TV). We had the list of who classed as a key worker at about 4am on the Friday morning we closed to most pupils. Really helpful, not.

Am not ranting  / posting now as I need to chill ----  don't want to take my frustations out on my CC friends. 

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I think those in the various medical professions have been supremely flexible, given the huge demands placed on them.  And they’ve been more than willing to make allowances.

They do have to have confidence in the country’s leaders to meet those same exacting standards, though - as we all do - and all the evidence available so far, both in terms of deaths, and in appalling economic fallout, suggests very clearly that they have not.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Have you all got your Hotdogs,Burgers,Roast Spuds, Bonfire Toffee and my favourite Yorkshire Parkin  all 

ready for tomorrow's firework night ?

fireworks-blue.gif.11822f38644b816935c830cc77079a31.giffirework-kid.gif.e8f2f978f8be5ae366aaa2f487a9f898.giffireworks-red.gif.6e42b9bb0a4c005035955c6c8b85bd2e.gif          STAY SAFE !  :classic_smile:

And with a bit of luck ......   

LD.jpg.c565f248b7865a1d64d1ac48b90f83d4.jpg

I was going to chill but wandered back and found this. A much needed laugh today. Thank you so much as ever 🙂

You even get a XXXX, but don't tell Mr Presto2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I am all for being flexible but when the lockdown was announced on Saturday and we get guidance at about 4pm today re who can work for us tomorrow morning etc etc etc it is not helpful when we have lots of little people to look after. They could have given it to us earlier in the week . To be honest, unless you've experienced the chaos we've had to cope with in education you would not believe it.

Eg We were told schools were closing on the Wednesday other than for key workers and vulnerable children. We had the list of who classed as a key worker at about 4am on the Friday morning we closed to most pupils. Really helpful, not.

Am not ranting  / posting now as I need to chill ----  don't want to take my frustations out on my CC friends. 

We understand your frustration.

Chill out you deserve it.🍾🥂🍷

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband got his flu jab just fine in September, but he's an over 65.

Young 'uns like me (50-64) were supposed to be done 'later' i.e. November, but there is no sign of anything happening.

Are the younger age group being 'done' in Yorkshire?

I was 'done' in October, I'm 54..

Andy 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Eg We were told schools were closing on the Wednesday other than for key workers and vulnerable children. (during the briefing to the nation via the TV). We had the list of who classed as a key worker at about 4am on the Friday morning we closed to most pupils. Really helpful, not.

People have no idea how difficult it is to plan ahead where children are concerned and the knock-on effects on working parents are huge. You have my sympathies. Good luck. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ardennais said:

People have no idea how difficult it is to plan ahead where children are concerned and the knock-on effects on working parents are huge. You have my sympathies. Good luck. 

I send a virtual, socially distanced, hug  

• Like 1

Just now, Ardennais said:

Thanks - enjoyed that! Spent over 30 years in the primary and secondary sectors so understand your frustration. 

We just want to keep our children, our staff, our parents and their families and the wider community safe .... and the children (and adults) shielded from the stress as much as possible. 

Every day that goes by with everyone safe and well is a good one eh 😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

I can understand your frustrations Presto. We all have, and some still are, feeling the same to varying degrees. I sympathise with the situation you are finding yourself in, and I'm sure many others in your profession must be feeling the same. There's not a lot that I can do, except to say that if you need to vent, my back is broad enough, so feel free. I make a good sounding board and won't take offence. Promise😊

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I can understand your frustrations Presto. We all have, and some still are, feeling the same to varying degrees. I sympathise with the situation you are finding yourself in, and I'm sure many others in your profession must be feeling the same. There's not a lot that I can do, except to say that if you need to vent, my back is broad enough, so feel free. I make a good sounding board and won't take offence. Promise😊

Avril

I'm sure the rest of us feel the same as you Avril.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Virtual hug number 2 tonight x

• Like 2