P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I rang this parent up and told them it was time there child had the nasal flu vaccine, the reply I got what have I got to bring with me after a few seconds thought on my part I replied the baby, I can still hear her laughing now.

I phoned an over 65 patient and asked if they wished to have the flu jab, a rather angry patient said why am I asking and why they should they than the phone goes dead, a few minutes later a complaint comes in from the patient demanding to know why did I waste there time, when they already had the jab at a well know high street chemist yesterday.

phoned a patient after booking in 9 members of the family aged from 90 down to 2 for there jabs obviously spoke to the ones old enough to make a decision, guess what not one turned up for the vaccine 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I rang this parent up and told them it was time there child had the nasal flu vaccine, the reply I got what have I got to bring with me after a few seconds thought on my part I replied the baby, I can still hear her laughing now.

I phoned an over 65 patient and asked if they wished to have the flu jab, a rather angry patient said why am I asking and why they should they than the phone goes dead, a few minutes later a complaint comes in from the patient demanding to know why did I waste there time, when they already had the jab at a well know high street chemist yesterday.

phoned a patient after booking in 9 members of the family aged from 90 down to 2 for there jabs obviously spoke to the ones old enough to make a decision, guess what not one turned up for the vaccine 

"Nowt as weird as folk"  as we say around here .:classic_sad:

The family of 9 should be now at the back of the queue apart from the kids as they had no say in it .

• Like 2

Todays weather here is 10.c (that's 50.f  in Graham's world  :classic_wink: )but feels like 4.c so a bit chilly 

Hope it's better where you are and if not , let's brighten your day with a Kalos tip :classic_smile:...

Lockdown 2 is looming  and if your pubs are still open here's a money saving idea  :classic_unsure:

Yorkshire style ... :classic_love:

FB_IMG_1604406792538.jpg.ca0d5cfd50d518e90450947c14bc44b0.jpg

animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.5c9caf387d31cc69d6ff0d1672f86c10.gif:classic_smile::classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

Are you all organised for lockdown part 2 In England? My first thought when I heard the end date is that I hope you all have your advent calendars bought in advance 🎄

I know that those in Wales and NI have been in lockdown for a while.

Still not sure entirely what will happen here. Currently we are in the local levels framework with some areas tightly controlled (virtual prohibition in some as well) and others a bit more liveable. But that might all change.......

Let’s hope we all have great success in lowering the rates and can have at least a semblance of a family Christmas with even a small number of relatives to share it with.

The  sun in shining today, there are lovely leaves to kick through and the animals are all still out in the fields around here. We have 2 new local residents, Clydesdale horses which are massive when you get up close (but not tot close as I am a woos).

Have a good day all.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Are you all organised for lockdown part 2 In England?

All set and ready to go thank you but surprised to see that they are panic buying the loo rolls again !

I just don't get it as I still have 400 left over from the last lockdown :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Are you all organised for lockdown part 2 In England? My first thought when I heard the end date is that I hope you all have your advent calendars bought in advance 🎄

I know that those in Wales and NI have been in lockdown for a while.

Still not sure entirely what will happen here. Currently we are in the local levels framework with some areas tightly controlled (virtual prohibition in some as well) and others a bit more liveable. But that might all change.......

Let’s hope we all have great success in lowering the rates and can have at least a semblance of a family Christmas with even a small number of relatives to share it with.

The  sun in shining today, there are lovely leaves to kick through and the animals are all still out in the fields around here. We have 2 new local residents, Clydesdale horses which are massive when you get up close (but not tot close as I am a woos).

Have a good day all.

Its a bit windy and wet in Chesterfield.However I still met a friend for lunch, sitting outside a cafe which I won't be able to do after tomorrow.I was then going to walk to our nearest supermarket to buy some advent calendars for the grandchildren but decided against it after the weather got worse.I shall order them online instead.Hoping that the lockdown will result in a lowering of covid cases

• Like 3

Just now, ann141 said:

Hoping that the lockdown will result in a lowering of covid cases

I'm confident that it will work if we all follow the rules. Barnsley had one of the highest infection rates in Yorkshire and was put into tier 3 last week, That week we were +39% and climbing. According to government data published today we are now -12%.👍 All it takes is a combined effort.

Avril

• Like 9

Our weather is behaving quite nicely.  We hear heavy rain overnight but the days have been bright and sunny.  It’s forecast to be cold tonight though.  We haven’t switched the heating on yet, or I should say moved the thermostats from 12C.  It’ll have to happen sometime but we’re cosy at the mo - I’m wearing short sleeves

We’re planning on lunch out (out of the house and outside) tomorrow, so hope it will be dry and bright and we can wrap up and enjoy.  
4 weeks lockdown doesn’t sound tooo bad - as others have said, let’s hope it does the trick

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm confident that it will work if we all follow the rules. Barnsley had one of the highest infection rates in Yorkshire and was put into tier 3 last week, That week we were +39% and climbing. According to government data published today we are now -12%.👍 All it takes is a combined effort.

Avril

Thats encouraging to hear.

Well, we might finally have some good news. Pulse has an article saying that the NHS will start vaccinating over 85s and frontline staff in early December.🤞

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/breaking-news/covid-vaccine-des-set-to-be-announced-imminently-for-december-start/

The link takes forever to load, but does eventually.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Well, we might finally have some good news. Pulse has an article saying that the NHS will start vaccinating over 85s and frontline staff in early December.🤞

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/breaking-news/covid-vaccine-des-set-to-be-announced-imminently-for-december-start/

That would be great, a start at least.

• Like 1

I’m heartened by the city-wide Liverpool testing trial.  It feels to me that this is a major plank in any elimination strategy

tbh - it feels like it should have been trialled months ago

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 3