P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

My move will be soon.. I have stacks of flower pots and some large 5 ft planters.  I expect I will have to leave them behind.  They are all coming long well. I hope whoever moves here later on looks after them, they are quite a feature at the front of the bungalow together with the acer.

(ps thanks Avril.. and I see all the usual 'suspects' joined you in wanting a fun time) This place has been a godsend  xx

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

My move will be soon.. I have stacks of flower pots and some large 5 ft planters.  I expect I will have to leave them behind.  They are all coming long well. I hope whoever moves here later on looks after them, they are quite a feature at the front of the bungalow together with the acer.

(ps thanks Avril.. and I see all the usual 'suspects' joined you in wanting a fun time) This place has been a godsend  xx

Good luck with the move - promised ourselves 10 years ago we would never move again, but need to now as too much property/garden for just moi. 

Anyone else remember the happy days when we chatted about what my daughters called our baby boomer uniforms (Radley handbags, jeans or chinos, puffa jackets, loafers, artfully knotted scarves)?

Little did we know...

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Good luck with the move - promised ourselves 10 years ago we would never move again, but need to now as too much property/garden for just moi. 

Anyone else remember the happy days when we chatted about what my daughters called our baby boomer uniforms (Radley handbags, jeans or chinos, puffa jackets, loafers, artfully knotted scarves)?

Little did we know...

I accidentally found my way to the Radley website at lunchtime, I was very restrained and didn’t buy anything in the sale ......yet! 😊

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Lovely photo of you both, lets hope it won't be long before we can all do this again. 

Thank you.

I agree it is hard not having the freedom to go wherever we want.

Hopefully the vaccine is the light at the end of this long tunnel.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I accidentally found my way to the Radley website at lunchtime, I was very restrained and didn’t buy anything in the sale ......yet! 😊

This afternoon I've been on Lands End, Dune, and Joules. Bought a pair of shoes that I already have in a different colour on Dune (£22, paid £75 a year or so ago - result!)

Well done on your restraint. I'm heading in the direction of Radley next.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

They were lovely.

We were having afternoon tea at the Ritz during our wedding anniversary stay a few years ago 

Graham.

When I had tea at the Ritz quite a few years ago, there was an elderly lady celebrating with her family. As she went to sit back at the table she leaned too heavily on it........

and you can guess what happened - the cakes and crockery went flying and it was such an awful sound. She was so embarrassed.
I felt so sorry for her. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

When I had tea at the Ritz quite a few years ago, there was an elderly lady celebrating with her family. As she went to sit back at the table she leaned too heavily on it........

and you can guess what happened - the cakes and crockery went flying and it was such an awful sound. She was so embarrassed.
I felt so sorry for her. 

Did she use the 5 second rule?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

This afternoon I've been on Lands End, Dune, and Joules. Bought a pair of shoes that I already have in a different colour on Dune (£22, paid £75 a year or so ago - result!)

Well done on your restraint. I'm heading in the direction of Radley next.

I think all you lovely ladies deserve to spoil yourselves.

Pauline is often on the Roman,Ted Baker and Radley sites.

She just tells me she has bought something.😃

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I felt so sorry for her. 

That must have been awful for her.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think all you lovely ladies deserve to spoil yourselves.

Pauline is often on the Roman,Ted Baker and Radley sites.

She just tells me she has bought something.😃

This is completely normal behaviour 🛍️

• Like 3

When  times are hard, the girls go shopping.  Unlike my normal self, I today went into the sale at Pia jewellery, which I love, and they are based in the Lake District as well, and bought a couple of things which I don't need but were a bargain(!)  

You have got to do something you enjoy to keep your spirits up at a time like this.  Could be unnecessary shopping, drinking a bit more, or whatever.  The idea of one in 50 of us having the virus does not bear thinking about. 

• Like 7

I’m not the type to flounce off and announce it for attention - I’m a born and bred Scouser and we tend to argue to the end 😉.

However, I’d just come from a particularly distressing discussion so wasn’t in the appropriate mood for posting I don’t think. 

I’ll continue to stick my oar in if I think I’ve got anything useful to add or to check in and see how you’re all doing.

I’ll be making use of the ignore facility and my beautiful daughter has bought me a bag of mini eggs to cheer me up after a bad day!

Edited by lancashire_cruisers
  • Like 13

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

When  times are hard, the girls go shopping.  Unlike my normal self, I today went into the sale at Pia jewellery, which I love, and they are based in the Lake District as well, and bought a couple of things which I don't need but were a bargain(!)  

You have got to do something you enjoy to keep your spirits up at a time like this.  Could be unnecessary shopping, drinking a bit more, or whatever.  The idea of one in 50 of us having the virus does not bear thinking about. 

Based in the Lake District - so you are doing your patriotic duty and buying British then 😀

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Ah ha, another favourite shopping venue of mine. Off to Pia's website...

• Like 2

Hi folks - sad to see that things have got 'choppy' on here over the last 36 hours.

I was going to rant about my experiences over the last 2 days etc etc but thought that on here it serves no purpose other than to feed those who just want to find something to annoy others. This is our 'CC family support place' not the Daily Mail comments section after all.

Life is too short to end up arguing ----- I for one haven't the emotional energy and am sure others haven't. 

Anyway, off to look at cruises (we may never go on) and dream. Am now relaxing having come down off the ceiling. Tomorrow is a new day and we all soldier on TOGETHER !

Stay safe my friends x

• Like 14

21 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I’m not the type to flounce off and announce it for attention - I’m a born and bred Scouser and we tend to argue to the end 😉.

However, I’d just come from a particularly distressing discussion so wasn’t in the appropriate mood for posting I don’t think. 

I’ll continue to stick my oar in if I think I’ve got anything useful to add or to check in and see how you’re all doing.

I’ll be making use of the ignore facility and my beautiful daughter has bought me a bag of mini eggs to cheer me up after a bad day!

Stay safe and Stay with your friends.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi folks - sad to see that things have got 'choppy' on here over the last 36 hours.

I was going to rant about my experiences over the last 2 days etc etc but thought that on here it serves no purpose other than to feed those who just want to find something to annoy others. This is our 'CC family support place' not the Daily Mail comments section after all.

Life is too short to end up arguing ----- I for one haven't the emotional energy and am sure others haven't. 

Anyway, off to look at cruises (we may never go on) and dream. Am now relaxing having come down off the ceiling. Tomorrow is a new day and we all soldier on TOGETHER !

Stay safe my friends x

And stay safe back to you our friend Presto.

Graham.

• Thanks 1