P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm sorry, you've list me there. Are you saying that all the documentation was in place, but the employees just didn't use it correctly? 

I will leave you to it Wowzz  , as Dragons Den says .."I'm out " :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Companies did not make the errors, employees did.

It's pretty clear where the errors were made:

Downing Street has said Boris Johnson maintains confidence in the fisheries minister after she admitted not reading the post-Brexit trade deal with Brussels when it was agreed because she was busy organising a nativity trail.

Victoria Prentis faced calls for her to quit after the comments, but the prime minister is standing by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) minister.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, batholiver said:

It's pretty clear where the errors were made:

Downing Street has said Boris Johnson maintains confidence in the fisheries minister after she admitted not reading the post-Brexit trade deal with Brussels when it was agreed because she was busy organising a nativity trail.

Victoria Prentis faced calls for her to quit after the comments, but the prime minister is standing by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) minister.

In the real Wold Ms Prentis would have been “invited” to resign or be...... it’s appalling 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Had they been fully prepared for a no deal and the documentation that would require, which should have been known, I feel sure that the resultant paperwork requirements would have been fully covered.  Or am I missing something?

I think you are missing the sheer scale of the paperwork that's required.

A lot of continental hauliers simply aren't bothering to come to the UK anymore.  

Just now, Eddie99 said:

Intervening just a little - and trying to keep my resolution to avoid politics on the forum

Positive thought for today

It’s 4.30 and I haven’t yet put the lights on! Yay!

(sorry for people with bad weather)

I’m envious, pitch black here already.

1 minute ago, Eddie99 said:

Intervening just a little - and trying to keep my resolution to avoid politics on the forum

I've had the lights on since 3.30pm! 

Just now, Eddie99 said:

We’ve had a really nice afternoon with lots of sun.  Doesn’t half give you a lift

Sorry - I know the country has very stark contrasts today

Jolly good! Over in the east it's rained all day. Dreich, as Eglesbrech might say.🙂

Apology accepted.😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I know just read about it before you posted here :classic_biggrin:

My happy thought is all our gardens look lovely /samey due to the snow :classic_smile:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m envious, pitch black here already.

Not a lot of daylight for you this time of the year, is there.  You must be really looking forward to Spring!

Didn't happen to see that Rick Stein programme about Cornish Gouda did you?  Not normally a great Gouda fan (too bland) but some of the vintage stuff looked well worth a punt.  He's sold out for now though of the more interesting ones.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not a lot of daylight for you this time of the year, is there.  You must be really looking forward to Spring!

Didn't happen to see that Rick Stein programme about Cornish Gouda did you?  Not normally a great Gouda fan (too bland) but some of the vintage stuff looked well worth a punt.  He's sold out for now though of the more interesting ones.

No I didn’t see that unfortunately.

I did however get an interesting, new to me cheese recently. Tunworth, it’s a smelly soft cheese a bit like a Camembert in taste but from Hampshire. I will be buying it again, really nice English cheese.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Of course he is. It just seems to me that if things were as easy as he makes it out, why have so many major companies both in the UK and EU experienced such severe problems? 

We dont really know how universal it is though wowzz  as I said earlier the media love to make .mountains out of mole hills. But I am not saying there is no problem, just that we need to know the true facts before we get our knickers totally twisted.

30 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I think you are missing the sheer scale of the paperwork that's required.

A lot of continental hauliers simply aren't bothering to come to the UK anymore.  

Do we know how much a lot really is though? And just how many possible exports are being lost due to lack of transport and/or lack of correct documentation.

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do we know how much a lot really is though? And just how many possible exports are being lost due to lack of transport and/or lack of correct documentation.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-55655633

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-seafood-firms-only-have-weeks-to-survive-as-environment-secretary-admits-teething-problems-12187672

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Local news report 

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/ashford/news/horrendous-queues-as-truckers-wait-for-brexit-paperwork-clearance-240726/

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Went for my 4 mile walk at 5.45.Chucking it down.What brand shoes do you have?I've got Karrimor,OK for all conditions except wet manhole covers,then I tend to do a backward somersault.

Cotton Traders finest, I have had them several months but today was the severest test, almost an hour splashing through puddles and my socks were still dry when I got home.

• Like 1