P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Glad to hear your feeling OK Graham, I hope the eye drops are not uncomfortable, and lets hope you soon start to notice an improvement in your vision.

Thanks John.

Vision is a little blurry after the eye drops have gone in.

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks John.

Vision is a little blurry after the eye drops have gone in.

Mine gets a little blurry part way through the second bottle. No driving down to McDonalds for a little while for you Graham. Leave it to deliveroo.🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Everyone for your best wishes yesterday.

Eye patch is off and first lot of eye drops are in.

Graham.

IMG_20210204_102638.jpg

Pleased that you have Pauline to put your drops in.  I have a real phobia about eyes, many years ago when OH had a welding flash, I had to take him to the hospital and the nurse who dealt with him asked me into the cubicle to show me how to put the drops into his eye so that I could do it at home, the next thing I knew I was in another cubicle because I had fainted.  My mum and sister took it in turns to come to our house and put the drops in.  

The really funny thing was that a few days later my M-I-L rang and asked if I had fainted in A&E because the nurse had recognised David as her son and told her.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Pleased that you have Pauline to put your drops in.  I have a real phobia about eyes, many years ago when OH had a welding flash, I had to take him to the hospital and the nurse who dealt with him asked me into the cubicle to show me how to put the drops into his eye so that I could do it at home, the next thing I knew I was in another cubicle because I had fainted.  My mum and sister took it in turns to come to our house and put the drops in.  

The really funny thing was that a few days later my M-I-L rang and asked if I had fainted in A&E because the nurse had recognised David as her son and told her.

Thank you.

Sorry if my eye photo affected you.

Graham.

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Escargot are something that I miss,  I always have them on our cruises because since I retired I don't get to travel to France regularly.

I'm a hypocrite,I love them on a cruise.Then we hide them when raining in Italy,cos all the old ladies come out with their bags plucking them off the pavement.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

That used to be me, I regularly used to have a wobble, feel light headed or faint when visiting hospital for others. Sadly I've had a lot practice visiting hospitals over the last few years (mostly for others in our family) but on the plus side I've not fainted in years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Unfortunately we done have a Waitrose nearby and  I don't think that a round trip of approximately 25 miles is within the current rules, though I will try to go there once the lockdown is over.

My favourite snails dish was in Montceau les Mines in France, they were cooked in a red wine, garlic and parsley sauce.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DamianG said:

That used to be me, I regularly used to have a wobble, feel light headed or faint when visiting hospital for others. Sadly I've had a lot practice visiting hospitals over the last few years (mostly for others in our family) but on the plus side I've not fainted in years.

With me it is just eyes, I can't look at them.  I'm not overly fond of blood either but it has never caused me to faint.

Sorry you have been visiting hospitals a lot recently, that's not what any of us want to be doing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I'm a hypocrite,I love them on a cruise.Then we hide them when raining in Italy,cos all the old ladies come out with their bags plucking them off the pavement.

So presumably they have to purge them before cooking them? That’s a bit of a faffle. Or do they pickle them instead?

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Mentally, I'm on the next sunbed on my fourth☺️

Glad your much better Graham. It's over now and the fussing can begin. Take care

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I can see us all having a cocktail in Anderson's bar on Aurora.

Graham.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

Sorry if my eye photo affected you.

Graham.

Hi just checking in tonight.

So glad your op went ok.

I remember having a HUGE arrow above my eye to make sure they did the right one !!!!! My op was in 2015 and am glad to say that it worked perfectly and have "A beautiful bleb" apparently. Now not everyone can say that !!!

Take care over the coming days and that it all heals well 🙂 🙂 x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

When I was a kid and had blonde hair, I was cycling down the hill and whilst putting my feet in the toe clips, hit the back of a parked lorry with the top of my head. Lots of blood. " Mum, I had a bit of an accident ". She fainted and I had to take her up the hospital. I still have a dent in my head. That explains it, I hear you say 🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I was cycling down the hill and whilst putting my feet in the toe clips, hit the back of a parked lorry with the top of my head.

OH my :classic_ohmy: I hope the lorry was not damaged too much either :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3