P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Just seen on BBC News channel that Capt Tom has passed away.

RIP Capt Sir Tom. 😞😞😞

Sad news. He was a wonderful example to us all last Summer.

Lets hope he was right in that “tomorrow will be a good day”. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Sad news. He was a wonderful example to us all last Summer.

Lets hope he was right in that “tomorrow will be a good day”. 

Very sad, what an inspiration he was. I just hope his family are allowed space to grieve without the media circus around them 😢

• Like 8

Sad news indeed, but I imagine we all feared the worst. Perhaps the holiday was a bad idea in retrospect, but at least he lived life to the full, to the end.

He was admitted to hospital with pneumonia,  where he contracted CV19, so his death will be recorded as a CV19 fatality,  whereas in reality, the pneumonia killed him. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Also once off the ship I could write a book on various food /café outlets and supermarkets

antics I have seen . One was sweeping a floor and took food to a table once ready .

Even in our country a few years ago our daughter she took a part time job in a well known 

fried chicken outlet . She was doing a stocktake of chicken and found a sealed bag that was

out of date. She let the regular staff know and all they did was use it there and then .

As for back on a ship, I reported a waiter for walking out of a loo without washing his hands 

and went back to serving food !  To be fair they stopped him and sent him to wash his hands .

The only safe way, is your way, you make it , you eat it .

I was in the optician yesterday and I had to tell the girl fitting my glasses who was obviously close three times to put her mask over her nose, she said it keeps slipping down, I suggested she got a new one

Michelle

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I was in the optician yesterday and I had to tell the girl fitting my glasses who was obviously close three times to put her mask over her nose, she said it keeps slipping down, I suggested she got a new one

Michelle

You did right to tell her Michelle.

Hopefully you are both okay.

• Like 1

Sad to hear of Captain Toms death.He probably achieved more in the last year of his life than a lot of us achieve in the whole of our lifetime and was so inspirational to us all as well as raising so much money for the NHS

• Like 8

So so sad. Like lots of you I feel very emotional about Captain Sir Tom’s death. He brought so much light into our lives at a very dark time. He inspired so many people to follow his example and we are all the richer for that. He will be remembered for a very long time. The country mourns a true hero. X

• Like 8

On 2/1/2021 at 11:52 AM, grapau27 said:

2°C and sunny but icy roads and car windscreen.

Pauline has taken over the living room for work on Monday and Tuesday so I am sitting on our bed watching TV.

Days in lockdown seem to pass so fast.

I'm in hospital on Wednesday for my eye op so I have put essential items in a bag to take with me.

Hi Graham hope all goes well for tomorrow 👍my daughter is waiting for a appointment at the eye infirmary for steroid injections into the back of her eyes last time I was there I got 2 parking tickets ☹️Take care Lindy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Sad news indeed, but I imagine we all feared the worst. Perhaps the holiday was a bad idea in retrospect, but at least he lived life to the full, to the end.

He was admitted to hospital with pneumonia,  where he contracted CV19, so his death will be recorded as a CV19 fatality,  whereas in reality, the pneumonia killed him. 

Not quite right wowzz, I understood that he tested positive before he went to hospital, unless it was reported incorrectly.

But whatever the truth his passing is a very sad moment.  He will be fondly remembered by very many people.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2

As this day draws to an end ,let us remember Captain Tom by not just what he did 

but just as important of what he said .... On our battle with Covid ...

"Let's try not to get downhearted, we will get through this, whatever is thrown at us and

together we can ensure that tomorrow will be a good day."

Take and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham hope all goes well for tomorrow 👍my daughter is waiting for a appointment at the eye infirmary for steroid injections into the back of her eyes last time I was there I got 2 parking tickets ☹️Take care Lindy 

Thank you Lindy for your good wishes.

I hope your daughter gets her appointment soon.

Pauline will drop me off and I will ring her when I am ready to come home.

Sorry to hear you got a couple of tickets when you were there.

When I went for pre-op I parked on Queen Alexandra Road about 40 metres from the entrance as there is no yellow lines along most of the road.

Graham.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Not quite right wowzz, I understood that he tested positive before he went to hospital, unless it was reported incorrectly.

But whatever the truth his passing is a very sad moment.  He will be fondly remembered by very many people.

I did see a statement John from his daughter saying that he was being treated for pneumonia, caught covid and was then admitted to hospital, but I don't know if he had visited hospital before. 

Andy 

First of all hope all goes well tomorrow Graham - thinking of you. Have had major eye surgery and it is such a worry. x

Re Captain Tom - so sad words do not say how much. He was an absolute inspiration to our staff and children in school over lockdown and they loved him. So very, very sad and a dark day for the country and am guessing further.

Does my head in when I check the news and am bombarded with news about so called celebrities and their lives when they are in the same place as this news. They need to get a life .. well those who 'worship' them do. Grrrr

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I did see a statement John from his daughter saying that he was being treated for pneumonia, caught covid and was then admitted to hospital, but I don't know if he had visited hospital before. 

Andy 

The news tonight did in fact say that he had been in hospital earlier in January, just don't tell wowzz that he may have been right after all, although we will never know just where he was infected.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

First of all hope all goes well tomorrow Graham - thinking of you. Have had major eye surgery and it is such a worry. x

Re Captain Tom - so sad words do not say how much. He was an absolute inspiration to our staff and children in school over lockdown and they loved him. So very, very sad and a dark day for the country and am guessing further.

Does my head in when I check the news and am bombarded with news about so called celebrities and their lives when they are in the same place as this news. They need to get a life .. well those who 'worship' them do. Grrrr

Thank you Presto.

I hope your eyes are well after your major eye surgery.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

50 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The news tonight did in fact say that he had been in hospital earlier in January, just don't tell wowzz that he may have been right after all, although we will never know just where he was infected.

He was admitted to hospital with pneumonia on  12th January, and at the time of admission he tested negative for CV19. He was released 10 days later, and his test on the day of release was positive, so it is almost certain that he contracted CV19 during his stay in hospital, like so many others.

Given his age, I am a little surprised that he did not get a vaccination in late December, although he may gave been on holiday at that time.