P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is more snowy now but it is forecast to warm up slightly and rain this afternoon.

A couple of CCTV photos of outside at present.

20210202102605216_e671807f88e6427ba7755451fee752f0_824414105.jpg

20210202102545734_a693b32677314b39b16fd75f9397adcc_824414105.jpg

The bottom picture would have been so much better if you had both been lying on the recliners with a G & T by your side.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It’s very mild, almost dry but fairly unpleasant here this morning.  A strong wind whipping up hair and blowing the fine moisture in the air into your face.  Add that it is sopping wet underfoot and that makes it not great.  However, there are lots of snowdrops and crocus and I saw the first wild-growing narcissus this morning.

All the best for tomorrow Graham

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s very mild, almost dry but fairly unpleasant here this morning.  A strong wind whipping up hair and blowing the fine moisture in the air into your face.  Add that it is sopping wet underfoot and that makes it not great.  However, there are lots of snowdrops and crocus and I saw the first wild-growing narcissus this morning.

All the best for tomorrow Graham

Thank you Eddie.

Graham.

The news reports are saying that Captain Tom's family are with him in hospital. Why is his family allowed to visit him when other patients are not allowed familial visits?  When the elderly are in hospital, it seems only right that they should be allowed some personal visits,  assuming PPE is used, but round here at least, there is a blanket ban on all hospital visits. 

I think Captain Tom should have his family round him, but so should everyone else in a similar position.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The news reports are saying that Captain Tom's family are with him in hospital. Why is his family allowed to visit him when other patients are not allowed familial visits?  When the elderly are in hospital, it seems only right that they should be allowed some personal visits,  assuming PPE is used, but round here at least, there is a blanket ban on all hospital visits. 

I think Captain Tom should have his family round him, but so should everyone else in a similar position.

I do not know the inns & outs of this story Wowzz but the rules need to be more clear cut 

regardless of who you are .

It makes me sad to think of how many have died in the ICU's alone with no family.

I read reports of nurses trying to be with them in their final moments , so sad.

Same as you Wowzz ,if true then something's amiss here .

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Ugh! And even worse - she'll be in the supermarket salad bar next! These are the people I fear most in the buffet!

That is the main reason we never use the buffet on any cruise ship other people's hygiene standards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I do not know the inns & outs of this story Wowzz but the rules need to be more clear cut 

It makes me sad to think of how many have died in the ICU's alone with no family.

I read reports of nurses trying to be with them in their final moments , so sad.

I am afraid it is true about the nurses, my eldest grand daughter (20) is a trainee nurse, and has done that job. She does three 13 hour shifts a week, and unsurprisingly has had covid. She has now had the Pfizer vaccine which she had a flu like reaction like many others.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is the main reason we never use the buffet on any cruise ship other people's hygiene standards.

Also once off the ship I could write a book on various food /café outlets and supermarkets

antics I have seen . One was sweeping a floor and took food to a table once ready .

Even in our country a few years ago our daughter she took a part time job in a well known 

fried chicken outlet . She was doing a stocktake of chicken and found a sealed bag that was

out of date. She let the regular staff know and all they did was use it there and then .

As for back on a ship, I reported a waiter for walking out of a loo without washing his hands 

and went back to serving food !  To be fair they stopped him and sent him to wash his hands .

The only safe way, is your way, you make it , you eat it .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kalos said:

Also once off the ship I could write a book on various food /café outlets and supermarkets

antics I have seen . One was sweeping a floor and took food to a table once ready .

Even in our country a few years ago our daughter she took a part time job in a well known 

fried chicken outlet . She was doing a stocktake of chicken and found a sealed bag that was

out of date. She let the regular staff know and all they did was use it there and then .

As for back on a ship, I reported a waiter for walking out of a loo without washing his hands 

and went back to serving food !  To be fair they stopped him and sent him to wash his hands .

The only safe way, is your way, you make it , you eat it .

Yeah but he kept his white gloves on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

So true.  Our local hospital is the Royal Free and their motto is "no-one dies alone" but that means their passing is with a staff member not family.  Very very sad.  Jane.x

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Could it be that he's not in ICU, but on an ordinary ward? Hospitals have their own rules on visiting.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Could it be that he's not in ICU, but on an ordinary ward?

Avril

Our local Hospital restrictions are

Due to coronavirus, they currently have visiting restrictions in place.

No visitors are permitted apart from:

one birth partner

one visitor for patients with dementia or learning disabilities

one visitor for child patients

one visitor for patients at the end of life

The one visitor must be the same person on each visit.

I would have thought most hospitals are about the same .I have not read the story  

could it be he is in a private hospital ?:classic_unsure:

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

one birth partner

I would have thought most hospitals are about the same .I have not read the story  

Don't know precisely what our local hospital's restrictions are, but sounds very similar to what a friend who works out our local hospital has told us.  Her son's partner had a baby last week, and our friend wasn't allowed in to visit even though she work's on one of the (other) wards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

one birth partner

Thanks Kalos. It just said Bedford Hospital. It was just a guess as I avoid hospitals at all costs. Could be because of his age and what he's done for the NHS they are being more lenient? Not forgetting he is now a Sir.

On a more serious note though, I find it  particularly worrying that all his family are around him and the media have been asked to give the family ''space and privacy''

Avril

• Like 2