P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The Cruise Lift  Rush Hour 

A short film ,could this be the future of cruising :classic_unsure:

Please note this film is old so if you see a sign with the word "Swine"

please replace with the word "Covid".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Things were alright here until I read this:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24326-carnival-cruise-line-covid-19-policy-to-require-masks-organized-excursions-only.html

No doubt it will spread through the group. Seems odd they dont mention Vaccine.

Seems an odd thing to say but I just hope our August cruise is cancelled.

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Warm here today and I returned from my walk to find starlings quarrelling about the nesting space in my loft, what a racket. I don't mind them nesting and them wearing little clogs is amusing.

They're safe from the cats up there Dave, that's why they're doing a little happy dance with clogs on.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Warm here today and I returned from my walk to find starlings quarrelling about the nesting space in my loft, what a racket. I don't mind them nesting and them wearing little clogs is amusing.

We used to get starlings in the loft in roof space by the gable end and vent from gas fire. When we had the roof redone the roofers remove 3 bags of straw & other material they had used to build nests over the years.

• Like 1

My wife has been complaining of headaches & tiredness for last couple of days, so on advice of 111 decided to book a test, so we have both had our tonsils and nasal passage tickled today & now wait for results.

My wife was out for a short time on Tuesday, she was outdoors 95% of time, other than that we have not been anywhere for weeks, I suspect it’s because she had been doing a lot of lacemaking this week and it’s more eye strain & bending over lace pillow that has done it, but better safe than sorry as they say.

It was our first test which we had to do ourselves, but got through without much gagging, Indid have a sneezing fit after mine.

Now to sit back and wait for results. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife has been complaining of headaches & tiredness for last couple of days, so on advice of 111 decided to book a test, so we have both had our tonsils and nasal passage tickled today & now wait for results.

My wife was out for a short time on Tuesday, she was outdoors 95% of time, other than that we have not been anywhere for weeks, I suspect it’s because she had been doing a lot of lacemaking this week and it’s more eye strain & bending over lace pillow that has done it, but better safe than sorry as they say.

It was our first test which we had to do ourselves, but got through without much gagging, Indid have a sneezing fit after mine.

I hope you'll your both be fine, as you say, better safe than sorry. I think you've both had your jabs you said?

Avril

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We had the surge testing in our area. We did the swabs ourselves and they collected the samples Wednesday afternoon. 8.00am on Thursday we got the email saying we were negative. Very efficient.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I hope the tests are negative and that your wife feels better soon

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

The Cruise Lift  Rush Hour 

A short film ,could this be the future of cruising :classic_unsure:

Please note this film is old so if you see a sign with the word "Swine"

please replace with the word "Covid".

Oh boy! I am that guy getting out of the crowded lift before it reaches my deck on Azura/Ventura/Britannia in the main school holidays!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Hope you're both all clear 🤞

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Fingers crossed you are both fine

Michelle

• Like 1

10 hours ago, brian1 said:

You should try winkles,you'll love them.

When we were on our holidays as kids my mother would make us go into the sea near the harbour legs (Weymouth pier) and pick the wrinkles off , she would then cook them up in the caravan and pick them out with a needle;  they were disgusting then 🤢

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2021 at 6:36 PM, grapau27 said:

At the moment I can see out of the top half of the eye and the bottom half looks like I'm under water.

Fortunately I have not had to take any paracetamol.

Graham.

Hi Graham , I hope your eyes not giving too much pain today.

You seem to be not on  the boards much today as compared to 

your usual self . Hope your eye is ok mate .:classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Hope they are negative and your wife feels better soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

When we were on our holidays as kids my mother would make us go into the sea near the harbour legs (Weymouth pier) and pick the wrinkles off , she would then cook them up in the caravan and pick them out with a needle;  they were disgusting then 🤢

I had to the life cycle of molluscs when I did A-Level Biology, have not eaten shellfish since. 🤢

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's not been a bad day alround. Chilly and damp start but the sun soon came out and there was some warmth in it too. We decided to plant the plum tree that came on Tuesday as it might be the last chance for while. It's begining to rain now so we timed it right. I was worrying that maybe it would be too cold for it later on next week, but Frank said if I was really concerned he'd tuck it up in a duvet with a hot water bottle. I'm sure his shin will be better tomorrow and his limp not so obvious😁

Hope everything's ok Graham, it's not like you to be so quiet.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

It's not been a bad day alround. Chilly and damp start but the sun soon came out and there was some warmth in it too. We decided to plant the plum tree that came on Tuesday as it might be the last chance for while. It's begining to rain now so we timed it right. I was worrying that maybe it would be too cold for it later on next week, but Frank said if I was really concerned he'd tuck it up in a duvet with a hot water bottle. I'm sure his shin will be better tomorrow and his limp not so obvious😁

Hope everything's ok Graham, it's not like you to be so quiet.

Avril

As long as you didn't hurt his plums sis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Hi Graham , I hope your eyes not giving too much pain today.

You seem to be not on  the boards much today as compared to 

your usual self . Hope your eye is ok mate .:classic_smile:

Thanks Kalos.

My eye feels fine just slightly sore with all the eye drops.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kalos said:

A nice sunny day today 5.c with Mr Blue Sky and a few clouds around.

Today is my last day as a working man even though I haven't been for 15 months.

I now will be retired on ill health, not a lot the cardio team can do so it's the best

thing all round . Not the way I imagined retiring but I'm happy that I had the brains 

to save up as a young-un . I will take my pensions next year .Does that make me 

a trainee pensioner ? I just hope the cardio team tell me that I'm fit enough to do

cruisers in the future up to yet they have told me avoid hot countries and cold ones,

I think that leaves me sailing around the Isle of Wight. Any notions of a far east cruise

is now a thing of the past . Looking on the bright side I still get to read of where you lot

sail off to. :classic_smile:  Anyway just another chapter in my life and I'm truly happy to be a fellow

pensioner with a lot of folks on here . As I am only a "pup" pensioner I am counting on

you lot to give me a few tips along the way , as I am not very good at being grumpy/playing

bowls/fishing or eating molluscs I find roaming the streets :classic_unsure:

Lets all have a good day & stay safe :classic_biggrin:

Kalos I'm absolutely gutted to hear your news from the cardio team.

Have they given you any hope of future treatment?

Hopefully you and Mrs Kalos get vaccine 1 and 2 soon.

It never gets too hot or cold at Roker/Seaburn so hopefully you get to holiday up here at the Seaburn Grand or Roker hotel and we get to meet for a pint.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1