P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

To be fair I can understand anyone who dislikes milk. I try to imagine the first person 

who ever played with a cows underparts , what the hell did he/she  think  they were doing ?

Even more scarier ,once the white stuff started spurting out, they thought to themselves

I'm going to drink it :classic_unsure: 

I also find myself confused every time  I open a can of Evaporated Milk....

There is always milk  in it.  Why ?? :classic_smile::classic_wink:

Are dry martini and London dry gin powders?🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Civil Servants who would need to manage this sort of change?  Nothing whatever to do with reluctant Civil Servants - entirely to do with government policy, and the fact that there are always greater priorities.  A lot of opposition too in the past from Scottish farmers.

There was a trial of course between 1968 and 1971 but MPs voted to end it after publication of some very iffy accident figures.

I suspect that if we had a vote on most people would prefer British Summer Time all year round, but it's just a guess.

You don't believe that the Sir Humphries hide these issues from their ministers then Harry?:classic_rolleyes: 

I guess when you were working the senior man made all the decisions, makes one wonder why they pay big bucks to all these underlings.🤣

Where is everyone this morning?.

It is currently 8°C,sunny but the ground is wet from overnight rain.

Pauline is working from home downstairs so I am ringing a few customers as well as watching Wheeler Dealers on TV.

The snow and ice have gone now so we will probably go out for a walk later this afternoon.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 5

The sun is having a good go at burning the clouds back this morning 10.c

so the weather is a hell of a lot better to last weeks for us .

Doesn't time fly ? Pancake day by now ,it's just creped up on us this year.:classic_unsure:

I'm not sure what we're having today, the Mrs doesn't seem in a rush to make

any .It's not like were in a race to make any either and if we were that would  be 

a pancake race , in lockdown , running around the house with a pancake- really !

What would the neighbours think ?  I think we will stick with Beans on Toast ,

you know where you are with them . Have a nice day & stay safe everyone . :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 7

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is working from home downstairs so I am ringing a few customers as well as watching Wheeler Dealers on TV.

The snow and ice have gone now so we will probably go out for a walk later this afternoon.

I’m busy watching tennis graham and watching all the winter championships snow boarding and down hill skiing etc and last night watching some netball tournaments, got a bit fed up watching films , I enjoy my sports gives me a little inspiration to be fit myself but a little glued to the sofa at moment 😂so watching Djokovic playing. It’s wet here today not raining yet but yesterday was quite nice and warm down here , but seriously lacking in snow so I get my fix watching the skiing 😊have a good day everyone 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Waiting for the engineer coming to do the boiler service ...

Oh the excitement - somebody inside the house!

• Like 2

Fairly bright here in Stoke.  I just made a food run to M&S and on the way dropped a gift for my nephew's new baby and a little gift for the big sister. I left the gifts on the doorstep and ran but he had seen me getting out of the car so opened the door and called me back. His wife brought the baby to the door so that I could see him, gorgeous.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Fairly bright here in Stoke.  I just made a food run to M&S and on the way dropped a gift for my nephew's new baby and a little gift for the big sister. I left the gifts on the doorstep and ran but he had seen me getting out of the car so opened the door and called me back. His wife brought the baby to the door so that I could see him, gorgeous.

Glad you got to see your new baby today josy 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Quite a few are on the cancellation thread I think, just hoping and waiting.  Isn't that a song title? Oh well never mind. 

A lovely day here at the moment, hazy sunshine and a pleasant 10c, but still not one daffodil to be found in the garden🤔

On a happier note, my friend could be out of hospital this week. Still no Covid symptoms but they won't treat the stone until she's clear. 

So not a bad day all round, except for the case of the 'Disappearing Daffodils'🔎

Avril

• Like 14

25 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m busy watching tennis graham and watching all the winter championships snow boarding and down hill skiing etc and last night watching some netball tournaments, got a bit fed up watching films , I enjoy my sports gives me a little inspiration to be fit myself but a little glued to the sofa at moment 😂so watching Djokovic playing. It’s wet here today not raining yet but yesterday was quite nice and warm down here , but seriously lacking in snow so I get my fix watching the skiing 😊have a good day everyone 

I love sport too but the cricket finished early today ☹️

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Quite a few are on the cancellation thread I think, just hoping and waiting.  Isn't that a song title? Oh well never mind. 

A lovely day here at the moment, hazy sunshine and a pleasant 10c, but still not one daffodil to be found in the garden🤔

On a happier note, my friend could be out of hospital this week. Still no Covid symptoms but they won't treat the stone until she's clear. 

So not a bad day all round, except for the case of the 'Disappearing Daffodils'🔎

Avril

Pleased about your friend getting better Avril and it would be good if they could sort the stone before she leaves hospital to save having to go back in.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Good to hear your friend is recovering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased about your friend getting better Avril and it would be good if they could sort the stone before she leaves hospital to save having to go back in.

Graham.

That would mean her staying in hospital longer until she has a clear Covid test. She would be more comfortable and happy at home where she can see her family, if only on zoom.

Avril 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Glad your friend is a lot better and could get home this week, I had stones and had to have my gallbladder out which I had triplets which I kept to show the grandchildren 😁anyway a very painful time having stones so hope she stays COVID free 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Was sunny earlier, now heavy drizzle, freezer engineer just left, so now waiting for temperature to drop so we can move stuff back from other freezer, which is rammed full.  Cleaned area where engineer had been with the industrial strength anti viral spray my brother gave us. 

Plan to do nothing for rest of day as a bit achy after yesterday’s jab, I will read my book on the East India Company, my wife is doing her lace making. Will probably watch TV this after I have the program on Stonehenge from last week to watch. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just had a call from our GP, John has been called for his vaccination! He’s only 60! He’s going to have it Friday 😊

Fantastic news. You obviously have a GP Surgery that is very proactive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just had a call from our GP, John has been called for his vaccination! He’s only 60! He’s going to have it Friday 😊

That’s v good news

He will be far enough from his Covid infection to still have the jab, won’t he?  I don’t remember what the advice is on the gap to leave

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s v good news

He will be far enough from his Covid infection to still have the jab, won’t he?  I don’t remember what the advice is on the gap to leave

When I had mine you had to be a month after and he was diagnosed 5 weeks ago! Phew!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s v good news

I believe it is 1 month gap between covid19 and the earliest you can get the vaccine.