P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Absolutely. The cruise clothes are staying packed away until a few pounds (?) are shed...... I’m too scared to even try. Even shoes feel tight as been wearing flats or trainers the last year! 

My foot workwear  is slippers at the moment 😂

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Great day here too if a rollercoaster ride. A day working outdoor on the garden. Having had a conservatory built last year (thanks to cancelled cruises with P&O, RCI and NCL!) some work is needed to get pots/tubs planted up and the garden rearranged. Although I found my lilies are coming up again!

That was the up part of the day, the down part was receiving the official letter that I am to be furloughed until 30th September due to the continued downturn in business travel. 

6FDD1A0C-AA6F-4959-9AFE-59CFEDE437B8.jpeg

B2CD90A2-180A-404A-B170-8803D7437F8B.jpeg

3C1AA282-E2C0-46CD-9B8C-9C9F940F9032.jpeg

All looks lovely Pete, I’m very sorry about your furlough news, hope all works out for you.

• Like 2

Well John and I spent a couple of hours in my parent’s  garden this afternoon. It was so warm there, their garden faces South and it’s a sun trap! It was incredibly for March.
Ours faces Northeast so at this time of year isn’t as warm as others. We got home about 430pm and our garden was totally in shade.

Tomorrow is looking to be warmer and is my day off so I’m sure I’ll get out there.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

OR I could take the mother-in-law for a walk in the wheelchair!! Votes please 🥴

I bet MIL is really looking forward to her walk. Purdey is going to take me for a lovely walk in the sunshine, first time out for months, I'm really looking forward to a nice focaccia with oil and vinegar with a glass of fizz.😎

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Currently 11°C with an expected high of 15°C today and sunny.

Pauline has made salmon sandwiches for a picnic.

Take care friends.

Graham.

We had our picnic yesterday. Are you going to have smoked salmon, or proper salmon from a tin?.Have a good day.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had our picnic yesterday. Are you going to have smoked salmon, or proper salmon from a tin?.Have a good day.

Pauline cleans the tinned salmon picking out all the bits so just over half a tin of nice salmon.

She adds some vinegar and gives it a good mix.

• Like 2

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  The other half had just told me that he will take me for a walk in the park instead of going for lunch.  Last year I never thought that I would be having a second lockdown birthday.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  The other half had just told me that he will take me for a walk in the park instead of going for lunch.  Last year I never thought that I would be having a second lockdown birthday.

A nice thought and certainly cheaper. It is our 41st wedding anniversary next week. We missed our 40th celebrations for reasons that are obvious so roll on the chance to celebrate 42 next year.

• Like 6

Make the most of the sunny weather today folks, changing from tomorrow. 

Not leaving home today, looking at the media pictures of the crowds on beaches and in parks makes me want to stay home, after all we cannot have a nice lunch out yet.

Enjoy your day whatever you're doing !

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, pete14 said:

A nice thought and certainly cheaper. It is our 41st wedding anniversary next week. We missed our 40th celebrations for reasons that are obvious so roll on the chance to celebrate 42 next year.

We are the same, it was our 40th anniversary in November so we couldn't celebrate but are hoping to do something special this year.

Best wishes for your anniversary next week.

17 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Not leaving home today, looking at the media pictures of the crowds on beaches and in parks makes me want to stay home, after all we cannot have a nice lunch out yet.

I can't understand why anyone wants to sit amongst a crowd of strangers, particularly at the moment.

Have a good day at home 😊

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Looking at those pictures makes me pleased that the weather forecast for Easter is not good.

Avril

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I can't understand why anyone wants to sit amongst a crowd of strangers, particularly at the moment.

Pictures in our local press of the queue to get into Trentham Gardens yesterday, even with their prebooked entry time system, seemed troublesome. Actually the queue was reasonably well distanced (which made it longer), and once inside, it is such a large area that most of the time, you could be 10 metres from anybody else rather than 2 metres. Add to that the fact it was in the open air so the risk of infection was much reduced anyway. Pictures from Nottingham’s arboretum, of a large crowd of drunk youngsters paint a different picture though, but I guess there were lots of others well distanced but the camera was not turned towards them.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It's funny, but when I watch a film or reruns of  dramas now , and see crowds of people on streets or people in restauants and bars, I cringe and think 'what are they doing?' I know it's illogical but I can't help it. I guess I've been brainwashed😵

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

She wanted to meet up so that she could give me my birthday card and present for tomorrow. 

It seems so long since we were able to do this so it was a real treat. 

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.5647841b32a2afe4487c3ad9ec0310a9.gifJosy ,have a great day :classic_love:

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline cleans the tinned salmon picking out all the bits so just over half a tin of nice salmon.

She adds some vinegar and gives it a good mix.

Looks like we're in for a nice day 13.c now and expected 22.c later. 

Years ago BC  , that's before cruising :classic_wink: and I had still got to work and find 

my fortune . If I was going on a picnic with my mates my mam would let us have 

a jar of Shiphams Salmon paste or potted meat :classic_unsure: We dare not touch the tin of 

Salmon as this was reserved for Sunday tea time on a salad followed by a family

block ice cream, from the walls ice cream van that came at 5pm down our street 

miss the van a it was tinned fruit with Carnation milk ! The tinned salmon had like

little vertebrae bones in it that I did not mind , they had a crumbly crunch that I did

not mind eating , funny that as I hate finding bones in any other fish . These days 

though Mrs Kalos will stand there and like Pauline strip the tin of any such objects 

as she too hates the thought of bits in her salmon . The old days were best you knew

where you were with a jar of salmon spread :classic_wink: One of my favourites these days is a 

tin of pilchards in tomato sauce dolloped on toast .. Mmm Luxury to the taste buds :classic_smile:

Now Mrs Kalos is not too struck on this and will avoid at all costs but the look on her 

face was priceless when guess what was on the lunch time menu on the Azura  as a 

starter ?  Yep Pilchards on toast in a tomato sauce ! To this day I will not let her forget 

that lunchtime they are the future ! :classic_love:  I would happily have them on a picnic and those 

spreads I mentioned earlier but if you decide on crab paste I would recommend that you 

buy it from Asda or Tesco but avoid the one from Boots as theirs  tastes horrible. :classic_wacko:

Have great day and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I mentioned earlier but if you decide on crab paste I would recommend that you 

buy it from Asda or Tesco but avoid the one from Boots as theirs  tastes horrible. :classic_wacko:

Have great day and stay safe :classic_smile:

I had to read that half a dozen times before the penny dropped🤣, not that I know anything about such things of course😇

Avril

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy Birthday Josy. Enjoy your walk.

Gill x

• Like 1