P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

To all of you who are seeing family tomorrow, after such a long time, I wish you a very happy day. I hope the sun shines and you don't get too tearful. It will feel like the night before Christmas tonight.

To those who have to wait a bit longer, I hope the times whizzes by but it must feel like "so near yet so far" at the moment. Thanks for being excited for everyone else.

To those who have been the reason why Andy has left, read all the sincere messages of regret that have been posted and ask yourself if anyone would even notice your going?

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

Best wishes to all. Jane.x

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Today should have been the first day of a break in Brittany staying with friends who live there, but instead we have had a French themed Sunday Lunch.

Salmon a l’ orange with gratin potatoes and broccoli 

Tarte Citron

A selection of French Cheeses

plus a a very nice Bordeaux to wash it down.

Tomorrow we meet up with 2 of our grandchildren whom we last saw on Christmas Day, we have talked on Zoom since then. A socially distanced afternoon tea in their garden after school tomorrow.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Today should have been the first day of a break in Brittany staying with friends who live there, but instead we have had a French themed Sunday Lunch.

Salmon a l’ orange with gratin potatoes and broccoli 

Tarte Citron

A selection of French Cheeses

plus a a very nice Bordeaux to wash it down.

Tomorrow we meet up with 2 of our grandchildren whom we last saw on Christmas Day, we have talked on Zoom since then. A socially distanced afternoon tea in their garden after school tomorrow.

Sounds lovely. Have a wonderful day.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy anniversary for tomorrow Ann, have a good time. I want to book a NT visit for the Wednesday after Easter as I think Easter will be manic and we’re both off that day. Unfortunately can’t book that far ahead yet.

42 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Enjoy your trip out tomorrow and Happy Anniversary. Hopefully the sun will shine for you.

Gill x

Thank you Sue and Gill

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sounds lovely. Have a wonderful day.

Thank you, we have 2 other days this week to see 4 other grandchildren, to pass across Easter Eggs and have some time together. The only ones we won’t see for a while are those who live in Wales. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Ann, and have a lovely day at the NT. First day of freedom! Best wishes. Jane.x

35 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Happy Anniversary Ann for tomorrow and have a lovely day at the national trust gardens , weather should be good 🥂🍾

Thank you Jane and Purdey.Hopefully tomorrow will be the first day after lockdown and things will continue to go in the right direction.We may even be able to go on a cruise in the summer!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Thank you, we have 2 other days this week to see 4 other grandchildren, to pass across Easter Eggs and have some time together. The only ones we won’t see for a while are those who live in Wales. 

Sounds like you have a nice week planned to enjoy with your grandchildren.

Pleased for you.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

To all of you who are seeing family tomorrow, after such a long time, I wish you a very happy day. I hope the sun shines and you don't get too tearful. It will feel like the night before Christmas tonight.

To those who have to wait a bit longer, I hope the times whizzes by but it must feel like "so near yet so far" at the moment. Thanks for being excited for everyone else.

To those who have been the reason why Andy has left, read all the sincere messages of regret that have been posted and ask yourself if anyone would even notice your going?

Have a great day tomorrow everyone.

Best wishes to all. Jane.x

I absolutely agree Jane.

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and every day.

Graham.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Just to lighten the mood from that other thread.....

Here is my Freddie having a typical day of finding something to chew that he knows he shouldn’t....

8FD3921E-37FE-45FC-BE26-2FDDF856AE97.jpeg

Freddie is lovely.

Sketchers too,he has good taste.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Freddie is lovely.

Sketchers too,he has good taste.

Graham.

Yep. They are Sketchers, but a very old pair!
Yesterday he found a face mask that I had stupidly left on the table and on Thursday it was a trip to the vet as he had a one inch piece of plastic lodged in his mouth/teeth.....

He is not a puppy but over 5 years old!!

26 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Yep. They are Sketchers, but a very old pair!
Yesterday he found a face mask that I had stupidly left on the table and on Thursday it was a trip to the vet as he had a one inch piece of plastic lodged in his mouth/teeth.....

He is not a puppy but over 5 years old!!

Sorry to hear you had to take Freddie to the vet on Thursday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Just to lighten the mood from that other thread.....

Here is my Freddie having a typical day of finding something to chew that he knows he shouldn’t....

8FD3921E-37FE-45FC-BE26-2FDDF856AE97.jpeg

Freddie is gorgeous Gill! What a handsome boy. He's upped my mood no end. Thank you. Jane.x

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree Jane.

I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow and every day.

Graham.

Sorry Graham, I clicked on laugh and not like. As ever, thank you for your kind and generous post. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Sorry Graham, I clicked on laugh and not like. As ever, thank you for your kind and generous post. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

You deserve to have good days after all the work you do for others.

You can click on the × above the like,thanks,laugh box at any time and your reaction is deleted.

Take care.

Graham x

• Like 1

Well I assume I posted 12 months ago on how things were where we are, so time for an update. It’s been 12 months since Patrick had his heart attack and subsequent stents inserted, it’s déjà vu for me as I’ve been put back on furlough. Even though I was taken back in May 2020, it was only on 80% pay and then as a workforce we were forced onto part time working at the beginning of 2021, with the resulting reduction in pay due to reduced hours. 

No update has been provided on how long we are to be on furlough, especially as this has been extended and business travel is still nigh non existent. 

Although the ‘stay local’ restriction in England is lifted tomorrow, it’s no use to me as I still cannot travel to Wales to see my parents aged 84 & 85 due to the restrictions imposed by the Welsh government. They live 75 miles from me, and I know many who have ignored the ‘stay local’ instructions over the past weeks and travelled further than that in England, but I have complied.

I have taken a 2nd job to supplement my pay and try and replace the savings I used last year to top up my salary. 

On top of all this we lost our beloved cat Charlie 6 weeks ago after a short illness. 

Not a particularly good start to 2021, but we have a short break in the Lake District in a few weeks, and have booked a Princess ‘Seacation’ as we should both have had both vaccinations by May. 

• Like 5