P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I love a Chinese, but my favourite Saturday dinner tonight, steak, chips, fried battered onion rings and mushrooms , followed by fresh fruit salad, yum yum !

Snap that’s what we’re having tonight I stuffed my mushroom though with cream cheese & herby breadcrumbs and sun dried tomatoes but I must have my peas with steak , no pudding tonight as I eat it last night chocolate cheese cake 😋

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It wasn't these she was after, Sue, was it?

61MGz07aeYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Thanks a lot Harry. That's the diet scuppered for the weekend. I've been tempted and added some to tomorrows order.😁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

You and Sarah must have been posh. Vienettas were a rare treat, for everyday we had Neapolitan ice cream which came in cardboard and had to be cut to size. If you were lucky you got raspberry sauce on top.

Not posh at all 😆 we didn’t have it every day. I remember my mum buying those ‘bricks’ of ice cream, she now gets it in nice tubs.

I didn’t have Chinese until the 80’s! 😆 There was a nice restaurant I went to with friends that had the ‘lazy Susan’ in the middle, I thought it was very exciting!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Snap,I'm left handed sis.I hold my knife and fork right handed though.Reminds me of the left handed shop at Pier 39 in San Fran,probably sell left handed chopsticks there for an arm and a leg,lol.

Me too, but a spoon always in the left hand though. The only thing I do right-handed apart from use a knife and fork is actually write. Pick up a pen, pencil or even eye make up or a lipstick and it's with the right hand, everything else, left. Anyway bro, enough of my idiosyncrasies, can you use chopsticks?

Sis

1 hour ago, delgirl said:

I'm left handed as well and I can't use chopsticks. Defo not an excuse!!!

Well that's a relief, thank you. I don't  feel like an incompetent numpty now🙄

Avril

Edited by Adawn47

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Gosh I remember the toy cigarettes - here they were made of chocolate and we used to walk home from town pretending to puff away on them !

I also remember conkers before some idiot in health and safety somewhere thought that children needed to wear protective gloves and a face shield. You couldn't make it up really ......

My sister and I had the ones with pink tips and pretended to smoke, it’s funny they stopped them in case we all became smokers because neither my sister and I have ever smoked! 

When we were young teenagers my mum got a job and in the holidays we were left on our own. (She finished at 1 so we weren’t left for long) Years later we told her we used to pretend our squash was a ‘gin and orange’ she thought that was hilarious. Innocent times...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Rest assured Avril - still happening with our grandchildren I'm pleased to say, and no doubt with many others.  Our children were brought up that way, and with freedom to roam, and so are the grandchildren.  We're not talking here about major towns and cities, though, and that makes a difference.  They're out in the open, covered in mud from head to toe, bundled into a huge cloth in the car and cleaned down when they get home!

Fully home educated too, and have always been - daughter's a qualified teacher but has no time for what passes as 'education' at the local schools.

What a fabulous post Harry. How refreshing to hear about what sounds like a carefree but fulfilled life. Good on you and your family. Jane.x

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well that's a relief, thank you. I don't  feel like an incompetent numpty now🙄

Avril

Me neither Avril and Delgirl. I kept trying until I got fed up with what ended as a cold Chinese. I'm a leftie too. Enjoy your Ken Hom tonight Avril.  Jane.x

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My sister and I had the ones with pink tips and pretended to smoke, it’s funny they stopped them in case we all became smokers because neither my sister and I have ever smoked! 

When we were young teenagers my mum got a job and in the holidays we were left on our own. (She finished at 1 so we weren’t left for long) Years later we told her we used to pretend our squash was a ‘gin and orange’ she thought that was hilarious. Innocent times...

We've never smoked either ----- as or the vodka and coke ....... mmmmmm failed there 😉

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Me too, but a spoon always in the left hand though. The only thing I do right-handed apart from use a knife and fork is actually write. Pick up a pen, pencil or even eye make up or a lipstick and it's with the right hand, everything else, left. Anyway bro, enough of my idiosyncrasies, can you use chopsticks?

Sis

lol,not that well but not into Chinese much nowadays,prefer a Ruby,bro.

6 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

It wasn't these she was after, Sue, was it?

61MGz07aeYL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Ooh!! That’s funny, I’ll have to find her some! At the time she did mean the Lindor Lindt balls as she said they were on offer at the time in Sainsbury’s and my son said if I’d told him that he would have known.

50 minutes ago, Beckett said:

What a fabulous post Harry. How refreshing to hear about what sounds like a carefree but fulfilled life. Good on you and your family. Jane.x

We’re fortunate in where we live, Jane. It lends itself to freedom, within obvious bounds. Children have to learn how to cope with life, and with adults, and not live in constant fear.

Our daughter tells people about growing up here, in the 80s, and gets the reaction that it sounds like something out of Enid Blyton!  Culminating in a village hall wedding, along with friends, family and her former teachers, the bride fulfilling her childhood dream of walking in full bridal gear from home to the church! Nothing fancy - but a really good village wedding.

Harry

Edited by Harry Peterson
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Me neither Avril and Delgirl. I kept trying until I got fed up with what ended as a cold Chinese. I'm a leftie too. Enjoy your Ken Hom tonight Avril.  Jane.x

I haven't even got the excuse of being left handed.Tried and failed to use chopsticks!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

lol,not that well but not into Chinese much nowadays,prefer a Ruby,bro.

Ruby Murray - curry. I know a little rhyming slang bro, but not much. Dad used to use it sometimes to wind mum up😁

Sis

• Like 2

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well and  sorted your clocks out .
I really like daylight savings time, I got an extra hour of sleep last night
I was in bed for only 7 hours, but when I woke up it was eight hours later 
Most modern clocks these days auto-update when daylight savings begins/ends.

So this morning I'm walking around my house thinking "wow, how times have changed.":classic_unsure:
A lot of you have been booking those mini cruisers and trying to get the right insurance .
I have been checking out some holiday ideas myself for when it's safe to do so again 
I was thinking of a camping holiday but, I have to say, I'm far from impressed with my

travel insurance. They say if someone steals my tent in the middle of the night, I'll no longer be covered. I don't fancy a caravan either, static caravans are awful ,the last time I stayed in one,
every time I put the key in the door my hair would stand up on end. Shocking it was !
In between all of this I do like to read forums such as this , such a friendly bunch 
but every now and again we seem to get the odd poster who is  a bit uptight .
Makes you wonder if they use Microsoft and are on Edge ?? 
My Mrs does not like forums at all, she joined one called Knit & stitch .

The Mods banned her for using the wrong thread .:classic_ohmy:

Some of us have even posted about our happy and carefree childhoods . I had one of them 
 I just think back to when I was a child and would walk for miles with my dad .  I loved it when he would take me to the top of a hill and roll me down it inside an old car tyre . They were Good years !

animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.1c6613b79206f7a5e5773a88fbe2c985.giftake care and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

A genuine thank you and goodbye to my friends on this forum, you know who you are. 

We hope to see you in the Crows Nest one day for a cheeky cocktail, mines a planters punch please... 

Andy & Michelle xx

Hope everything is ok with you and Michelle Andy , keep safe & well .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

A genuine thank you and goodbye to my friends on this forum, you know who you are. 

We hope to see you in the Crows Nest one day for a cheeky cocktail, mines a planters punch please... 

Andy & Michelle xx

Don't leave Andy. Your friends outnumber any detractors and many new friends will join this forum who you will miss out on.  I'm still new and count you as a friend who's posts I enjoy and value. Jane.x

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy & Michelle xx

Andy, please don't!!!  It's only one particular bunch on one thread. You and and a certain handful ARE this forum. It won't be the same without you. I'm genuinely upset here. 

Avril x

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Andy, please don't!!!  It's only one particular bunch on one thread. You and and a certain handful ARE this forum. It won't be the same without you. I'm genuinely upset here. 

Avril x

I got told off a few weeks ago for even thinking about it :classic_unsure:

We have some good laughs and to be honest when I see decent posters 

like Andy throwing the towel in after all we have been through ,it does make 

me think ,is it worth  it .."We are all in this together arent we ? ":classic_unsure:

• Like 9