P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Hope you have a lovely time Harry tomorrow with your grandchildren and daughter and your fire pit, my husband has been in the garden all morning assembling our hot tub now the weather is improving so tomorrow it should be up to a nice 38/40 dgs 

I will be seeing 3 of my grandchildren tomorrow twins 8 year girls I’ve missed a lot and the others il see later in the week 

I have only just come on here been busy watching sky princess you tube videos and heard that Andy has left !! I certainly hope he hasn’t I don’t know what’s gone on but he is one of the nicest people on here and love his input and help on here , please stay with us Andy 😔💔

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have just booked train tickets for our close friend who cruises with us, to come down on 17th May.  Should have been the week after, but the prices were ridiculous because it's leading up to May bank holiday.  I only just got the tickets I wanted.  Every time I tried, the time was sold out!!  It will so good to see her and we have some outings planned.

We are travelling to Devon (self catering) in May and I was concerned because all the trains were shown as 'Sold Out' I queried it and was told that its because they were not on sale yet.Sure enough the tickets appeared for sale just over a week ago so we have booked.We leave Devon around the same time as your friend arrives and our tickets only became available to buy last week.Previously they had shown as Sold Out

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Hope you have a lovely time Harry tomorrow with your grandchildren and daughter and your fire pit, my husband has been in the garden all morning assembling our hot tub now the weather is improving so tomorrow it should be up to a nice 38/40 dgs 

I will be seeing 3 of my grandchildren tomorrow twins 8 year girls I’ve missed a lot and the others il see later in the week 

I have only just come on here been busy watching sky princess you tube videos and heard that Andy has left !! I certainly hope he hasn’t I don’t know what’s gone on but he is one of the nicest people on here and love his input and help on here , please stay with us Andy 😔💔

Thanks Purdey.  

A hot tub? Wow! Sounds fantastic!  Have a great day tomorrow. It’s going to be reunion day for so many families.

Less so, I think, for our new neighbours who’ve been regularly visited by their parents since they moved in in the autumn, and regularly stay with their parents too. I’m not greatly bothered, but it does annoy my wife to see lockdown being blatantly ignored when most people - and very clearly most here - follow the rules.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to see you're much better Pauline. Graham is one of the 'handful' that I consider an important part of this forum, and pleased he stayed. Now for Andy😉 

Avril

Thank you Avril I am feeling like my usual self now.

Thank you also for your nice words about my Graham.

Graham thought Andy might have got an unexpected holiday like he had and decided to call it a day.

You have to be careful what you say otherwise you get a longer time out.

Love Pauline ❤️

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks Purdey.  

A hot tub? Wow! Sounds fantastic!  Have a great day tomorrow. It’s going to be reunion day for so many families.

Less so, I think, for our new neighbours who’ve been regularly visited by their parents since they moved in in the autumn, and regularly stay with their parents too. I’m not greatly bothered, but it does annoy my wife to see lockdown being blatantly ignored when most people - and very clearly most here - follow the rules.

I’m with your wife, I have followed all the rules and it does really annoy me to see others blatantly breaking them. I have seen family once in 7 months because we don’t live in the same district.

Personally I think the rules are draconian but they are the rules so decent citizens follow them. 

To all those who have the chance to see family tomorrow best wishes for a great day (I’ll just sit here and fester like the grinch, green with envy 😀)

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks Purdey.  

We have neighbours in our close like that.

I hope you have a great day tomorrow Harry.

Graham.

• Like 2

Nice to hear that so many of you will be able to see families tomorrow. I hope you all have a good time and the weather is in your favour.

I haven't seen my eldest two since Christmas and the others on the odd occasion for door step deliveries for my birthday and Mother's Day. Hopefully things will return to normal in due course.

My daughter and her partner had their jabs yesterday, she is feeling rather rough, shivery and headachy but he's fine. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m with your wife, I have followed all the rules and it does really annoy me to see others blatantly breaking them. I have seen family once in 7 months because we don’t live in the same district.

Personally I think the rules are draconian but they are the rules so decent citizens follow them. 

To all those who have the chance to see family tomorrow best wishes for a great day (I’ll just sit here and fester like the grinch, green with envy 😀)

You have different rules of course, Eglesbrech, and perhaps a more educated and cohesive nation, but I agree - the rules are there for a very good reason.  It's tough, but it's tougher still for a lot more people and I count myself very lucky.

I'm sorry you're having to wait a bit longer, especially after such a long wait already.  It's a while till the end of April, but maybe the chance might present itself before then?  I imagine you'll be appreciating the better weather even more than most of us - I remember you talking about starting to make preparations for winter some time in late September I think!

We had a chat about cheese some time back, you may recall (unless it was another family member) and I mentioned the Cornish Gouda, direct from the farm.  It really is excellent - and free postage on a £25 order too!

Harry

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Paw13 said:

Thank you Avril I am feeling like my usual self now.

Thank you also for your nice words about my Graham.

Graham thought Andy might have got an unexpected holiday like he had and decided to call it a day.

You have to be careful what you say otherwise you get a longer time out.

Love Pauline ❤️

That all makes a great deal of sense, Pauline.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Well, moving away from what appears to have been some unnecessary unpleasantness on part of the forum, Amazon have just delivered a nice new fire pit, which will double as a BBQ, and my very talented wife is assembling it. She knows that if I do it it will take three days and end up looking like one of those Smash Martians.

Tomorrow we’ll be able to see our grandchildren, daughter and son in law for the first time since the Autumn, and it’s chipolatas and toasted marshmallows. Have to be vegan marshmallows, but she eats sausages! There’s no way I’m raising food issues with a 9 year old though - far too much at risk.

Son plus new fiancée will be round later in the week (can’t all meet together yet, obviously) and we last saw them through a window on Christmas Day!  They’re planning a marriage, a child and a house move, all in the next few months - tough. Even more so, given that the housing market is such that everything seems to be going to sealed bids and way over the initial asking price at the moment. Bizarre.

Oh the vision of you assembling the fire pit to resemble the Smash Martian made me laugh out loud.......

Have a wonderful time with your family this week (and the same to all the other CC members doing the same).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Nice to hear that so many of you will be able to see families tomorrow. I hope you all have a good time and the weather is in your favour.

I haven't seen my eldest two since Christmas and the others on the odd occasion for door step deliveries for my birthday and Mother's Day. Hopefully things will return to normal in due course.

My daughter and her partner had their jabs yesterday, she is feeling rather rough, shivery and headachy but he's fine. 

Pauline was like that on Friday a day after her vaccine on Wednesday.

She was a lot better on Saturday.

Hopefully your daughter is feeling better soon.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline was like that on Friday a day after her vaccine on Wednesday.

She was a lot better on Saturday.

Hopefully your daughter is feeling better soon.

Graham.

Thank you. She says she's feeling better than she did and said she'll be back at school tomorrow.

• Like 3

We won't be able to see our daughter and family until next weekend as the boys will be at school. Also our daughter has started with a sore throat this morning and although it probably isn't covid and she has had her first vaccine there is a slight worry as one of the children in her sons class is off school because both her parents have covid.On the plus side it is our Wedding Anniversary tomorrow so we are going to visit the gardens of the National Trust property where my husband volunteers.As it is about 11 miles away it will be the first time we will have been able to visit since lockdown 🙂 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Nice to see you're much better Pauline. Graham is one of the 'handful' that I consider an important part of this forum, and pleased he stayed. Now for Andy😉 

Avril

Thank you Avril.

You are a very important member of this forum too and one of my favourite posters.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We won't be able to see our daughter and family until next weekend as the boys will be at school. Also our daughter has started with a sore throat this morning and although it probably isn't covid and she has had her first vaccine there is a slight worry as one of the children in her sons class is off school because both her parents have covid.On the plus side it is our Wedding Anniversary tomorrow so we are going to visit the gardens of the National Trust property where my husband volunteers.As it is about 11 miles away it will be the first time we will have been able to visit since lockdown 🙂 

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow and I hope you both have a nice day in the National Trust gardens.

🤞Hopefully your daughter's sore throat clears quickly.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow and enjoy your trip out 😊 I’ve got National Trust, English Heritage and Historic Royal Palaces cards all sitting redundant in my purse at the moment!
I hope your daughter’s sore throat clears up quickly

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

You have different rules of course, Eglesbrech, and perhaps a more educated and cohesive nation, but I agree - the rules are there for a very good reason.  It's tough, but it's tougher still for a lot more people and I count myself very lucky.

I'm sorry you're having to wait a bit longer, especially after such a long wait already.  It's a while till the end of April, but maybe the chance might present itself before then?  I imagine you'll be appreciating the better weather even more than most of us - I remember you talking about starting to make preparations for winter some time in late September I think!

We had a chat about cheese some time back, you may recall (unless it was another family member) and I mentioned the Cornish Gouda, direct from the farm.  It really is excellent - and free postage on a £25 order too!

Harry

Thanks Harry, the weather is improving now a little which is always a blessing. I live in hope that the dates might change to earlier for seeing family but who knows.

I’ve participated in several cheese tasting on line over the winter and tried some lovely new cheeses (and the wine / port to go with). In the absence of going out staying in with good cheese and wine has been fun!

Was the Gouda from steins?

Did you get your fish delivery? We had Cromer dressed crab and smoked salmon for breakfast today. The only good thing about being stuck at home has been being available to get interesting food boxes delivered.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow and I hope you both have a nice day in the National Trust gardens.

🤞Hopefully your daughter's sore throat clears quickly.

Graham.

5 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow and enjoy your trip out 😊 I’ve got National Trust, English Heritage and Historic Royal Palaces cards all sitting redundant in my purse at the moment!
I hope your daughter’s sore throat clears up quickly

Thank you Graham and Sarah and thank you to Kalos who explained how to add more than one quote to my post!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Well, moving away from what appears to have been some unnecessary unpleasantness on part of the forum, Amazon have just delivered a nice new fire pit, which will double as a BBQ, and my very talented wife is assembling it. She knows that if I do it it will take three days and end up looking like one of those Smash Martians.

Tomorrow we’ll be able to see our grandchildren, daughter and son in law for the first time since the Autumn, and it’s chipolatas and toasted marshmallows. Have to be vegan marshmallows, but she eats sausages! There’s no way I’m raising food issues with a 9 year old though - far too much at risk.

Son plus new fiancée will be round later in the week (can’t all meet together yet, obviously) and we last saw them through a window on Christmas Day!  They’re planning a marriage, a child and a house move, all in the next few months - tough. Even more so, given that the housing market is such that everything seems to be going to sealed bids and way over the initial asking price at the moment. Bizarre.

Sounds lovely Harry. I’m seeing my mum and dad separately from our son as including the little one it would be 7 not 6 and we are law abiding 😆

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks Harry, the weather is improving now a little which is always a blessing. I live in hope that the dates might change to earlier for seeing family but who knows.

I’ve participated in several cheese tasting on line over the winter and tried some lovely new cheeses (and the wine / port to go with). In the absence of going out staying in with good cheese and wine has been fun!

Was the Gouda from steins?

Did you get your fish delivery? We had Cromer dressed crab and smoked salmon for breakfast today. The only good thing about being stuck at home has been being available to get interesting food boxes delivered.

Love the idea of the online cheese and wine tastings!  The Gouda (not remotely a cheese I’d normally buy outside the Netherlands) was from the Cornish Gouda Company (easily searchable). Not from Stein (he’s far too expensive) but it’s the farm he featured.

Your breakfast sounds good. Fish doesn’t feature much round here so it’s usually Waitrose, and they only sell a fraction of their range online. Instore they have genuine Grimsby smoked haddock (not the usual died stuff) which is unobtainable anywhere else, except direct from the supplier with a £100 minimum spend). Perhaps surprisingly though we’ve had some excellent frozen fish from a necessarily limited range at Iceland. Frozen’s frequently better than fresh now, like peas.

29 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Happy anniversary for tomorrow Ann, have a good time. I want to book a NT visit for the Wednesday after Easter as I think Easter will be manic and we’re both off that day. Unfortunately can’t book that far ahead yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Love the idea of the online cheese and wine tastings!  The Gouda (not remotely a cheese I’d normally buy outside the Netherlands) was from the Cornish Gouda Company (easily searchable). Not from Stein (he’s far too expensive) but it’s the farm he featured.

Your breakfast sounds good. Fish doesn’t feature much round here so it’s usually Waitrose, and they only sell a fraction of their range online. Instore they have genuine Grimsby smoked haddock (not the usual died stuff) which is unobtainable anywhere else, except direct from the supplier with a £100 minimum spend). Perhaps surprisingly though we’ve had some excellent frozen fish from a necessarily limited range at Iceland. Frozen’s frequently better than fresh now, like peas.

Harry, check of Paxton and Whitfield - they do regular tastings on zoom with the cheese coming chilled overnight delivery the day before (they even deliver here in the wilds of the back of beyond). They suggest pairings which you can buy in advance.

Ill google your Cornish Gouda, thanks.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Enjoy your trip out tomorrow and Happy Anniversary. Hopefully the sun will shine for you.

Gill x

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Ann, and have a lovely day at the NT. First day of freedom! Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1