P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

A genuine thank you and goodbye to my friends on this forum, you know who you are. 

We hope to see you in the Crows Nest one day for a cheeky cocktail, mines a planters punch please... 

Andy & Michelle xx

Oh no!  I’ve no idea what this is about, but I really hope you don’t leave. You are definitely part of the good folk who make up the backbone of this thread, not to mention the gentle humour.  Good wishes coming your way from me.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Andy, please don't!!!  It's only one particular bunch on one thread. You and and a certain handful ARE this forum. It won't be the same without you. I'm genuinely upset here. 

Avril x

I feel as strongly as you Avril. Doesn't this just show that a perhaps unintended barb can be hurtful and damaging. As for the intended sleights  - don't even get me started on those. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions but sometimes it's not what people say, it's the way they say it. We've all survived a truly terrible year and one of the things that has got me through is kindness - a much underrated action. So being kind is how I try to live my life. Stay Andy. Jane.x

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

A genuine thank you and goodbye to my friends on this forum, you know who you are. 

We hope to see you in the Crows Nest one day for a cheeky cocktail, mines a planters punch please... 

Andy & Michelle xx

Why????

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy & Michelle xx

I am another who will be sad to see you go. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I am another who will be sad to see you go. 

And me. Please don’t leave Andy. It may be you need a break away for a while, but please come and pop back onto the forum occasionally.

All the best to you and Michelle.

Gill x

• Like 2

Andy & Michelle xx

Are you okay Andy?

I will certainly miss your humour and your friendship on here.

Take care and very best wishes to Michelle and yourself from your friends

Graham & Pauline xx

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone I hope you are all well and  sorted your clocks out .
I really like daylight savings time, I got an extra hour of sleep last night
I was in bed for only 7 hours, but when I woke up it was eight hours later 
Most modern clocks these days auto-update when daylight savings begins/ends.

So this morning I'm walking around my house thinking "wow, how times have changed.":classic_unsure:
A lot of you have been booking those mini cruisers and trying to get the right insurance .
I have been checking out some holiday ideas myself for when it's safe to do so again 
I was thinking of a camping holiday but, I have to say, I'm far from impressed with my

travel insurance. They say if someone steals my tent in the middle of the night, I'll no longer be covered. I don't fancy a caravan either, static caravans are awful ,the last time I stayed in one,
every time I put the key in the door my hair would stand up on end. Shocking it was !
In between all of this I do like to read forums such as this , such a friendly bunch 
but every now and again we seem to get the odd poster who is  a bit uptight .
Makes you wonder if they use Microsoft and are on Edge ?? 
My Mrs does not like forums at all, she joined one called Knit & stitch .

The Mods banned her for using the wrong thread .:classic_ohmy:

Some of us have even posted about our happy and carefree childhoods . I had one of them 
 I just think back to when I was a child and would walk for miles with my dad .  I loved it when he would take me to the top of a hill and roll me down it inside an old car tyre . They were Good years !

animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.1c6613b79206f7a5e5773a88fbe2c985.giftake care and stay safe :classic_smile:

Thank You Kalos.

Your morning jokes always make me laugh.

11°C and raining here.

We have been to church,it is Palm Sunday and now we are sitting eating our McDonald's toasted muffins and cheese and bacon flatbreads in the car by the beach.

16169274590167247790647515950866.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Andy & Michelle xx

Oh no! What’s happened? Hope you return Andy take care both xx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thank You Kalos.

11°C and raining here.

We have been to church,it is Palm Sunday and now we are sitting eating our McDonald's toasted muffins and cheese and bacon flatbreads in the car by the beach.

Brr! That doesn’t look too warm Graham. It can’t decide what to do here. 

Supposed to be really warm Tuesday and Wednesday not much use to me really! I want it lovely for my son’s garden visit Saturday but it looks like I’ll just have to be grateful for dry!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank You Kalos.

11°C and raining here.

That does not look exactly pleasant.  Better weather on its way tho. X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I got told off a few weeks ago for even thinking about it :classic_unsure:

We have some good laughs and to be honest when I see decent posters 

like Andy throwing the towel in after all we have been through ,it does make 

me think ,is it worth  it .."We are all in this together arent we ? ":classic_unsure:

Yes we are Kalos.

No one will drive me away from my friends on here.

I just pray Andy and Michelle are okay.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy & Michelle xx

Andy. I hope you reconsider. I have tried to remain positive and have learnt to mainly ignore the rubbish. Not always easy as there is lots of it. Where will I get my local info. We have decided that Southsea is Local for next Tuesday. Please stay.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy & Michelle xx

☹️

I have no idea what has happened or what was said but you will be very missed on here Andy if you stay away. I really hope that you reconsider, you are often one of the voices of reason on here and I always enjoy your posts.

• Like 6

There are many names on here who I now recognise and feel I have “got to know “ on this forum. I look with interest every day, reading your posts and interesting stories about daily life. Thank you everyone you keep me going in these strange and unforeseen times

Michelle 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

There are many names on here who I now recognise and feel I have “got to know “ on this forum. I look with interest every day, reading your posts and interesting stories about daily life. Thank you everyone you keep me going in these strange and unforeseen times

Michelle 

Thanks Michelle and 🤞you get a very favourable result from your scan.

Graham.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank You Kalos.

11°C and raining here.

I have my palm cross up on the fire place. Could not attend church in person (limited numbers) but watched on line.

It will be a very quiet Holy Week compared to normal. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Any comments from the mods could be private to the perp, the rather vague and bland descriptions don't really provide any help or guidance.

The comments would be private and there are usually a list of violations which can be ticked which are vague. I have an option to comment when removing a post and usually do, especially if minor, I have found this has worked quite well over the years. Sometimes admins and mods would have a private message stream to discuss a subject that was going bad and we would put up a post/announcement explaining why posts were removed or that we would not tolerate certain behaviour. This has happened on the odd occasions here. 

• Like 1

Well, moving away from what appears to have been some unnecessary unpleasantness on part of the forum, Amazon have just delivered a nice new fire pit, which will double as a BBQ, and my very talented wife is assembling it. She knows that if I do it it will take three days and end up looking like one of those Smash Martians.

Tomorrow we’ll be able to see our grandchildren, daughter and son in law for the first time since the Autumn, and it’s chipolatas and toasted marshmallows. Have to be vegan marshmallows, but she eats sausages! There’s no way I’m raising food issues with a 9 year old though - far too much at risk.

Son plus new fiancée will be round later in the week (can’t all meet together yet, obviously) and we last saw them through a window on Christmas Day!  They’re planning a marriage, a child and a house move, all in the next few months - tough. Even more so, given that the housing market is such that everything seems to be going to sealed bids and way over the initial asking price at the moment. Bizarre.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Well, moving away from what appears to have been some unnecessary unpleasantness on part of the forum, Amazon have just delivered a nice new fire pit, which will double as a BBQ, and my very talented wife is assembling it. She knows that if I do it it will take three days and end up looking like one of those Smash Martians.

Tomorrow we’ll be able to see our grandchildren, daughter and son in law for the first time since the Autumn, and it’s chipolatas and toasted marshmallows. Have to be vegan marshmallows, but she eats sausages! There’s no way I’m raising food issues with a 9 year old though - far too much at risk.

Son plus new fiancée will be round later in the week (can’t all meet together yet, obviously) and we last saw them through a window on Christmas Day!  They’re planning a marriage, a child and a house move, all in the next few months - tough. Even more so, given that the housing market is such that everything seems to be going to sealed bids and way over the initial asking price at the moment. Bizarre.

Sounds just lovely Harry and I am soooo jealous. We can’t see family until 26 April and have seen them just once since last September (outside on Christmas Day).

The fire pit sounds great, I’m sure the grandchildren will enjoy toasting things in it. Nice to hear some good news and seeing family is at the top of most people wish lists.

Have a lovely time and tell us all about it.

• Like 3

I have just booked train tickets for our close friend who cruises with us, to come down on 17th May.  Should have been the week after, but the prices were ridiculous because it's leading up to May bank holiday.  I only just got the tickets I wanted.  Every time I tried, the time was sold out!!  It will so good to see her and we have some outings planned.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy & Michelle xx

It is a sad day when genuine people like AndyMichelle decide to leave this forum when they have been nothing but polite and helpful to everyone. Do not know what has gone on or been said but there are some on here who regular upset people and say horrible things which is easy when you are a keyboard warrior and not got the courage to say things that are said to their faces. They are nothing but cowards and feel it is those that should be leaving and not the genuine contributors to this forum. We might not all agree with each other and have differing views from time to time and there is nothing wrong with that but we should all have manners, be polite and respectful.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

I feel as strongly as you Avril. Doesn't this just show that a perhaps unintended barb can be hurtful and damaging. As for the intended sleights  - don't even get me started on those. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinions but sometimes it's not what people say, it's the way they say it. We've all survived a truly terrible year and one of the things that has got me through is kindness - a much underrated action. So being kind is how I try to live my life. Stay Andy. Jane.x

My philosophy too Jane.

It is much easier and better for your soul to be kind and helpful rather than being mean and nasty.

Graham.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

It is a sad day when genuine people like AndyMichelle decide to leave this forum when they have been nothing but polite and helpful to everyone. Do not know what has gone on or been said but there are some on here who regular upset people and say horrible things which is easy when you are a keyboard warrior and not got the courage to say things that are said to their faces. They are nothing but cowards and feel it is those that should be leaving and not the genuine contributors to this forum. We might not all agree with each other and have differing views from time to time and there is nothing wrong with that but we should all have manners, be polite and respectful.

Well said Majortom.

I absolutely agree with every word.

Graham.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I have just booked train tickets for our close friend who cruises with us, to come down on 17th May.  Should have been the week after, but the prices were ridiculous because it's leading up to May bank holiday.  I only just got the tickets I wanted.  Every time I tried, the time was sold out!!  It will so good to see her and we have some outings planned.

That will be nice for you both Jean.

I hope you are making excellent progress from your hip replacement operation.

Graham.