P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Tinned pilchards in tom sauce on toast Yum!  I usually add some sriracha sauce.

I like tinned sardines,  the ones in oil ,but drain that off. I don't buy it much now as DW kindly told me " buy that, you can eat it in the garden ". Tinned salmon, yummy.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

We are just back from the beach which is a 20 minute drive away. It is the first time we have been since October. My dog Freddie was beyond excited at running around on the empty beach (9am) altho was slightly taken aback that the sea was not as warm as he had remembered on his visit there six months ago.......

• Like 9

38 minutes ago, kalos said:

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.5647841b32a2afe4487c3ad9ec0310a9.gifJosy ,have a great day :classic_love:

Looks like we're in for a nice day 13.c now and expected 22.c later. 

Years ago BC  , that's before cruising :classic_wink: and I had still got to work and find 

my fortune . If I was going on a picnic with my mates my mam would let us have 

a jar of Shiphams Salmon paste or potted meat :classic_unsure: We dare not touch the tin of 

Salmon as this was reserved for Sunday tea time on a salad followed by a family

block ice cream, from the walls ice cream van that came at 5pm down our street 

miss the van a it was tinned fruit with Carnation milk ! The tinned salmon had like

little vertebrae bones in it that I did not mind , they had a crumbly crunch that I did

not mind eating , funny that as I hate finding bones in any other fish . These days 

though Mrs Kalos will stand there and like Pauline strip the tin of any such objects 

as she too hates the thought of bits in her salmon . The old days were best you knew

where you were with a jar of salmon spread :classic_wink: One of my favourites these days is a 

tin of pilchards in tomato sauce dolloped on toast .. Mmm Luxury to the taste buds :classic_smile:

Now Mrs Kalos is not too struck on this and will avoid at all costs but the look on her 

face was priceless when guess what was on the lunch time menu on the Azura  as a 

starter ?  Yep Pilchards on toast in a tomato sauce ! To this day I will not let her forget 

that lunchtime they are the future ! :classic_love:  I would happily have them on a picnic and those 

spreads I mentioned earlier but if you decide on crab paste I would recommend that you 

buy it from Asda or Tesco but avoid the one from Boots as theirs  tastes horrible. :classic_wacko:

Have great day and stay safe :classic_smile:

Sitting eating our picnic looking at Azura.

Graham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  The other half had just told me that he will take me for a walk in the park instead of going for lunch.  Last year I never thought that I would be having a second lockdown birthday.

Happy birthday Josy! Enjoy the sunshine 🙂 💐🥂🌞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Pictures in our local press of the queue to get into Trentham Gardens yesterday, even with their prebooked entry time system, seemed troublesome. Actually the queue was reasonably well distanced (which made it longer), and once inside, it is such a large area that most of the time, you could be 10 metres from anybody else rather than 2 metres. Add to that the fact it was in the open air so the risk of infection was much reduced anyway. Pictures from Nottingham’s arboretum, of a large crowd of drunk youngsters paint a different picture though, but I guess there were lots of others well distanced but the camera was not turned towards them.

We went to Trentham Gardens on Monday but we had an 8:30 slot booked. We walked around the lake and stopped for a coffee at the far end. It was beautiful just sitting there watching the birds chasing each other, much better going early. 😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline cleans the tinned salmon picking out all the bits so just over half a tin of nice salmon.

She adds some vinegar and gives it a good mix.

Much easier to buy the skinless and boneless, a little more expensive but worth it.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Was going to say morning but it's later than I thought. 

Happy Birthday Josy, hope you enjoy your day.

Not a warm down here at 14oC with hazy sunshine. 

It's a long time since I've had tinned salmon although we often have salmon fillet for dinner.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Much easier to buy the skinless and boneless, a little more expensive but worth it.

My OH prefers those.We took 30 tins of Aldi red salmon to Italy last year and every one tasted earthy.Trust our luck to get a dodgy batch,lol.We buy pink salmon now and actually prefer it.

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Captain giving a mid day message to crew.

It feels like we are on board 

Nice of the Captain to keep the crews spirits up with the chance to win a Easter egg 

competition, " Simply request an egg and do your best with it "  Why did we not think

of that and show us your egg, no need for a separate thread just post them on here :classic_smile:

It must be so surreal gazing up and thinking "I wish I was up there" and the crew thinking 

"I wish I was down there " :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I had to read that half a dozen times before the penny dropped🤣, not that I know anything about such things of course😇

Avril

They sell sarnies in some Boots,I'll have to look out for the crab paste.Does it come with sweetcorn plasters.bro.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hi All,

Was going to say morning but it's later than I thought. 

Happy Birthday Josy, hope you enjoy your day.

Not a warm down here at 14oC with hazy sunshine. 

It's a long time since I've had tinned salmon although we often have salmon fillet for dinner.

I usually buy whole salmon or full side fillets of salmon.

I'm not keen on smoked salmon.

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

Pictures in our local press of the queue to get into Trentham Gardens yesterday, even with their prebooked entry time system, seemed troublesome. Actually the queue was reasonably well distanced (which made it longer), and once inside, it is such a large area that most of the time, you could be 10 metres from anybody else rather than 2 metres. Add to that the fact it was in the open air so the risk of infection was much reduced anyway. Pictures from Nottingham’s arboretum, of a large crowd of drunk youngsters paint a different picture though, but I guess there were lots of others well distanced but the camera was not turned towards them.

That is what I thought, when we walked past the entrance to the gardens the queue didn't appear to be too long.  As you say it is such a large area that it shouldn't be overcrowded.  The Sentinel is not known for letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

That is what I thought, when we walked past the entrance to the gardens the queue didn't appear to be too long.  As you say it is such a large area that it shouldn't be overcrowded.  The Sentinel is not known for letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Decided to take the dog there today. Booked for 11:00-11:30 entrance, arrived about 11:10, parked and walked straight in at about 11:15. Lovely stroll around the lake following the one way route and never did I feel at any risk. Great to see several multi generational small groups walking around or sharing picnic benches socially distanced. The whole set up is really well organised

• Like 2

Happy birthday Josy, better late than never

Image result for Bunch Of Flowers. Size: 143 x 103. Source: wallpapersdsc.net

Its been such a lovely day here we have been out since 08:00 this morning. Three days warm sunny weather in March, hope that's not the end of summer. We had snow on the tops Saturday morning and we could get more this weekend.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have and it still has some bits in.

Not in our experience, much better than throwing half the tin away, we usually buy from Marks or Waitrose.

Smoked Salmon is great cooked with scramble Eggs, each to their own.

Edited by Bloodaxe

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Can I ask...if you have pilchards or sardines on toast is the fish cold or do you put it under the grill.

I love fish but have never, to my knowledge, had either on toast.   Thank you

Happy birthday Josy too

Both and grilled,lovely jubbly.

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Can I ask...if you have pilchards or sardines on toast is the fish cold or do you put it under the grill.

Happy birthday Josy too

We let the hot toast warm up the sardines,  not sure if I would like it toasted ,but never say never.

9 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Happy birthday Josy too

ASDA spicy Mackerel makes fantastic toasties.