P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone :classic_biggrin: What a lovey morning here, only 1.c but said to be going up to 12.c. I think people are a little more up beat as they get out even if it's just to their own back gardens.

People are saying it's nice to do normal things again, like those two guys sat in a town centre who were eating  a cooked breakfast at a pavement café in a snow/hail storm.:classic_wacko: I suppose it was normal to them, normal is a lot of things to lots of people.  I will be happy when things are normal like walking in the bank with your mask on and the cashier hit's the panic button, that will be normal to me. :classic_unsure: I see even the ships are getting ready for the cruisers to nowhere

as those lovely dance girls practice there dancing, getting back to normal for them as well. :classic_smile: All together now girls .. get them legs up in the air as you give us a  big smile  .:classic_rolleyes: 

One step at a time though, enjoy your day but lets keep safe :classic_love:

download.jpg.98df880b4859610f743be26b6f24db9a.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Another lovely sunrise here.

I’ve got my 2nd jab at 8; had my hair cut yesterday; will see my grandchildren tomorrow.  Things are looking up!

Enjoy your day everyone 

Are those 2 connected Eddie, was your fringe really so long?😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Morning all beautiful morning again bit of  frost today. Good news last night all restrictions are lifted from 00-01 Monday morning apart from the border staying closed 🇮🇲

D85382D5-0D43-4783-ACB5-65BB5E61FF2A.jpeg

An appropriate picture to add to your good news. 

Avril

• Like 3

Four hours! I was in that salon for four hours yesterday getting highlights and a cut and blow dry. I came out looking better, younger even, feeling lighter of heart, lighter of funds due to the extortionate cost of said four hours, altogether a good day...........until I got to my car to find a ticket because I'd exceeded my time in the car park by 15 minutes. So I then drove home to find a brown envelope on the door mat. It was an invitation to claim my state pension in August. Reality kicked in very quickly I can tell you!

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep well and safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

• Like 9

That’s what you call a mixed day Jane.  Anyway, the hair will give you a long-lasting boost.  I’ll bet it was expensive.  My c&bd was £41 😮.  I’m sure it was £29 last time, sometime last summer

Well, I’m now fully vaxxed, until they decide boosters are in order.  It’s a good feeling.   OH is just off to get his done and then a long walk in the bright sun (but nippy temperature) is in order

• Like 6

Good morning everyone. It seems to be a beautiful and more positive morning all round today. The sun is shining with the promise of a lovely warm and sunny weekend to come, haircuts and 2nd jabs, meals out, famiy visits, holidays and cruises being planned and a general feeling that lives are slowly and carefully begining to return. 

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to and take care.

You too Andy and Michelle, and I hope you're both still well x

Avril

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s what you call a mixed day Jane.  Anyway, the hair will give you a long-lasting boost.  I’ll bet it was expensive.  My c&bd was £41 😮.  I’m sure it was £29 last time, sometime last summer

Well, I’m now fully vaxxed, until they decide boosters are in order.  It’s a good feeling.   OH is just off to get his done and then a long walk in the bright sun (but nippy temperature) is in order

Congrats Eddie for being fully vaxxed. It's a good feeling isn't it. I've just been reading about the annual boosters which is a bit of a blow. I hope, for the over 65s they can combine it with the flu vac. Time will tell. Well I have to say that your £41 for a c/b/d seems excessive and now makes my £150 appear not too bad! Still, if we're happy with our outcomes it was worth it. Have a good walk today both of you, and a great weekend. Jane.x

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone. It seems to be a beautiful and more positive morning all round today. The sun is shining with the promise of a lovely warm and sunny weekend to come, haircuts and 2nd jabs, meals out, famiy visits, holidays and cruises being planned and a general feeling that lives are slowly and carefully begining to return. 

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to and take care.

You too Andy and Michelle, and I hope you're both still well x

Avril

Well said on all counts Avril. There seems to be a degree of positivity in the air which can only be good. Jane.x

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Four hours! I was in that salon for four hours yesterday getting highlights and a cut and blow dry. I came out looking better, younger even, feeling lighter of heart, lighter of funds due to the extortionate cost of said four hours, altogether a good day...........until I got to my car to find a ticket because I'd exceeded my time in the car park by 15 minutes. So I then drove home to find a brown envelope on the door mat. It was an invitation to claim my state pension in August. Reality kicked in very quickly I can tell you!

Have a great weekend everyone. Keep well and safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

Mixed fortunes yesterday Jane! You must feel a lot better for the new hairstyle even though the cost was higher because of the added parking ticket.  On the plus side, congratulations on the early invitation to claim your pension, I couldn't claim mine until I was 60😉

Avril

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

There seems to be a degree of positivity in the air which can only be good. Jane.x

Yes it's good and even your parking attendant was in a good mood complimenting you 

leaving a little note telling you your a little late back but "parking fine" Stuck to the window.

Whether your out jabbing or having a day off  hope your day goes well, stay safe :classic_love:

• Thanks 1

Morning everyone.

A bright and chilly start here this morning.

Didn't make it online yesterday, so have been catching up with everything. Good to hear about everyone having their second jabs and haircuts. Had my hair cut yesterday too, so can now see as my fringe is no longer keeps falling over my eyes. I came out lighter to the tune of £12.50 but just had my hair cut.

Nothing exciting planned for today, but hope you all have a good day and stay safe.

• Like 2

I have hairdresser envy. My appointment isn't until 28th April.  I'm just longing to have a decent cut.  The last time I had colour put in was September, so it has all grown out now. For the time being I'm going to see how I feel with the natural colour and embrace the grey hairs that have appeared. I can always go back to colour if I decide I don't like it. 

• Like 3

Avril, I always feel sad when you mention Andy/Michelle, but glad you do. . I’m not a big poster but I read messages regularly and miss Andy’s. He was always helpful, funny and seems genuinely a nice person. I can’t remember what upset him but wish he was back on here. 

• Like 9

Good morning. Lovely and sunny, hope it lasts, there are a few clouds around.

Had second jab yesterday, felt fine until woken at 0230 feeling flu like. Took a couple of paracetemol, fell back to sleep and feel fine this morning, very strange.

Stay safe.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Avril, I always feel sad when you mention Andy/Michelle, but glad you do. . I’m not a big poster but I read messages regularly and miss Andy’s. He was always helpful, funny and seems genuinely a nice person. I can’t remember what upset him but wish he was back on here. 

Totally agree that Andy is very much missed.

I also notice that Selbourne has disappeared too.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Mixed fortunes yesterday Jane! You must feel a lot better for the new hairstyle even though the cost was higher because of the added parking ticket.  On the plus side, congratulations on the early invitation to claim your pension, I couldn't claim mine until I was 60😉

Avril

Thank you Avril - that was very clever!  Yes, I must admit I'm pleased with my hair and it was a funny day really. I used to have really short hair about 3 years ago but I let it grow a bit because my daughter said it looked too manly (!);  then the lockdowns happened and it grew longer and longer and I quite like it now.  Hence I was so long in the salon yesterday - it takes much longer to do a full head of highlights on shoulder length hair than it does on a pixie cut.  Jane.x

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I, and many more wish he was back too. I'd like to think he pops in from time to time just for a read. He will then realise just how much he's liked and missed by us all.

Avril

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Totally agree that Andy is very much missed.

I also notice that Selbourne has disappeared too.

I have seen the odd one or two posts from Selbourne on other threads, but not as frequent usual. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

Andy does seem to be a nice guy. I can understand why he got fed up with a very small minority of posters who occasionally upset others, including me with their overbearing comments.

I almost gave up but continue because most are genuinely nice people. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I have seen the odd one or two posts from Selbourne on other threads, but not as frequent usual. 

Avril

Hopefully when bookings open on April 28th winter 22/23 more posters will come back.

We have drove to South Shields which has a very flat promenade which is 6 foot from the front of the car now and Easy to take a short walk along.

16185728756964813798944115011935.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Andy does seem to be a nice guy. I can understand why he got fed up with a very small minority of posters who occasionally upset others, including me with their overbearing comments.

I almost gave up but continue because most are genuinely nice people. 

I agree some posters do tend to just want to cause confrontation unfortunately and I give threads a wide berth if they look to be heading that way.

There are a lot of nice people on here and Royal Caribbean forums who are helpful and friendly and make it enjoyable conversing with.

I too would like to see Andy back and maybe when cruising restarts he will but in the meanwhile I wish Michelle and Andy all the best.

Graham.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I have hairdresser envy. My appointment isn't until 28th April.  I'm just longing to have a decent cut.  The last time I had colour put in was September, so it has all grown out now. For the time being I'm going to see how I feel with the natural colour and embrace the grey hairs that have appeared. I can always go back to colour if I decide I don't like it. 

You should worry!!  Mine is 11th May!  It's so long!  Luckily I have always coloured my own hair, so costs me £4.99 - LOL

Beautiful day down here in Devon if a little cold in the wind.  No rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future.

It's great to be back in the office, even though I have to get up every 45 minutes and do my exercises and have a little stroll.  My word it's busy.  We have no bookable moorings left for people who trailer their boats down.  Doesn't affect vessels coming in from sea.  It's going to be a busy summer.

• Like 7

Popped down to town earlier this morning and the invasion is well and truly underway. It was soooooo busy after the quiet winter and trying to maintain distances was really difficult. I just hope that we don’t see cases rising here in the next few weeks now that the border is open.

• Like 3