P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

You said your swing was a 3 seater sis.

Having read all of the comments tonight Mr Presto and I are now worried about meeting Pete and Mrs Pete. Any sign of pampas grass or pineapples and we move on to another site  🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Having read all of the comments tonight Mr Presto and I are now worried about meeting Pete and Mrs Pete. Any sign of pampas grass or pineapples and we move on to another site  🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

I am by no means an expert but isn’t there a clump of pampas grass on the right as you come down the slope towards the barrier? Obviously, it has been there much longer than we have. No pineapples though although I did have some on the pizza I had on Saturday night. My heron sighting is not made up but I must admit that the seal would be my preference. 🐶

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, ann141 said:

Thank you Kalos for your morning thoughts. They always help set the day off to a good start.Off to visit my Mum for a week (I haven't seen her since September).We will be staying at my sisters house in Southport (a chance to see the sea!) as she and her husband are on holiday so that we can visit Mum daily whilst they are away.Hope everyone has a good week.

Sounds brilliant Ann, have a great week.

@kalosfor some reason I can’t quote your post but great news about your jab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

DW had an automated phone call. The nice man from the major crime unit phoned to tell her that major fraudsters had used her NI number so they were suspending it. She didn't press 1 as requested as she will let her Nigerian prince friend sort it.

I had one of those the other day to my mobile and the number has now been blocked.

We were being pesters by nuisance calls a few years back. We couldn't not answer because I was expecting various calls from dr's and the hospital with regards to arranging an operation. It got so bad that in the end we changed our number.

• Like 2

Kalos thank you for your daily pick me up , I’m a bit late to the chit chat today ( that was a mouthful 😁) not been to good for 5 days now but on the mend I think tonight now antibiotics kicking in . I gave up work about 5 years ago to look after the in laws that came more dependent on us , I was a driving instructor for the military in Germany teaching some soldiers but mostly the wives who always wanted to learn from the beginning and past ther test in 4/6 weeks while their husband’s were on exercise 🤯.

my husband retired last October a bit early too enjoyed the work 100% but didn’t like a few of the people that worked with him ,he  can’t stand laziness and putting others at risk because they weren’t doing their job properly so binned it all .

Hope all that still have to work have a enjoyable week 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thank you Kalos for your morning thoughts. They always help set the day off to a good start.Off to visit my Mum for a week (I haven't seen her since September).We will be staying at my sisters house in Southport (a chance to see the sea!) as she and her husband are on holiday so that we can visit Mum daily whilst they are away.Hope everyone has a good week.

Ann have a good week with your mum , September is a long time since you saw her last and enjoy that sea side and hopefully the weather will bless you too.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Kalos thank you for your daily pick me up , I’m a bit late to the chit chat today ( that was a mouthful 😁) not been to good for 5 days now but on the mend I think tonight now antibiotics kicking in . I gave up work about 5 years ago to look after the in laws that came more dependent on us , I was a driving instructor for the military in Germany teaching some soldiers but mostly the wives who always wanted to learn from the beginning and past ther test in 4/6 weeks while their husband’s were on exercise 🤯.

my husband retired last October a bit early too enjoyed the work 100% but didn’t like a few of the people that worked with him ,he  can’t stand laziness and putting others at risk because they weren’t doing their job properly so binned it all .

Sorry to hear you haven't been well. Hope you make a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear you have not been well and it's good that the antibiotics are starting to work for you.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone ,seems it's going to be a nice day around here today

getting up to the dizzy heights of 18.c ,so should be pleasant. Sorry to read that 

Purdy's not to well as it's not much fun being ill.  I remember when I was ill and I

must have been vey ill  as I remember the doctor saying to the the wife  ...

" Good God I don't like the look of him woman  !  " to which she replied  .......

"  I don't either but he keeps me company so can you cure him please ?" :classic_unsure:

Hope you all have a good day ,time for my porridge and a cuppa tea before

I head off for my jab part 2 . Take care and stay safe:classic_love:

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

Morning all; Morning Kalos - Happy jabbing.  Ours was Friday.  We reacted more than the first one, both with sore arms & himself with a couple of hours of chills/fever o’night.  Nothing very much though and obviously well worthwhile.

We’ve had lots of distractions though, with lovely weather and the children and granddaughters for the weekend.  We’ve felt almost normal and have absolutely loved eating out, outside, on Fri, Sat, Sun and yesterday!  Bloody marvellous, such a mood lifter.

Pic of yesterday’s “seafood extravaganza”, eaten overlooking the harbour in Weymouth, below.  We weren’t the only ones grabbing the opportunity , it was very busy and bustling all weekend and so good to see 🙂 not 😕 on people’s faces

It’s sunny again this morning but today will be quieter, with plenty of dog walking and back to the kitchen - can’t eat out all the time

It sounds as though there has been a lot of family reunions and enjoying of weather as lockdown eases a little. 🤞for further progress

Have a good day all - here’s my lunch from yesterday

A632B467-DF16-40EF-8AF2-BDD9C792346E.jpeg

• Like 13

Good Morning All

Look at this post as a Paltrow-esque acceptance speech.  I would like to mention and thank:

Kalos - for your daily motivational and to wish you a happy and after-effect- free jab.

Purdey - to wish you better and for your positivity.

Eddie - for those 'wow' shots of your lunch yesterday.

Ann- have a great week with your mum. It must have been a joyful reunion.

Avril- just because.

Graham and Pauline- as above.

Everyone I haven't mentioned personally - thanks for being such rewarding online friends.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Be well and safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Swing(er)s, Pampas Grass, Pineapple shirts etc....

I understood the reference as far as swingers John, but the words 'three seater' boggled my mind😲 

Did he mean.......!!?  No, surely not, not my little bro😇

Avril

• Haha 3

Good morning.

Light cloud so hopeful we get time on the patio. Couple of jobs to do in the garden, paths need cleaning, as does the bin storage area, so that will keep me out of mischief for an hour or so.

The seafood looks very nice Eddie, I do love a sea food platter, hot or cold. Best I ever had was near Brisbane, brings back memories.

Stay safe.

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, inc. Andy and Michelle.

It looks to be another gorgeous day for us all, and I hope it's better in the South East for you today. Well Kalos today's the day, the final jab, 11days 3hrs for us, but I'm not counting😁. I was going to have a nice chat but Frank's on his way down for breakfast, so not to be.

Enjoy your day whatever you're up to, and take care.

Avril

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All

Look at this post as a Paltrow-esque acceptance speech.  I would like to mention and thank:

Kalos - for your daily motivational and to wish you a happy and after-effect- free jab.

Purdey - to wish you better and for your positivity.

Eddie - for those 'wow' shots of your lunch yesterday.

Ann- have a great week with your mum. It must have been a joyful reunion.

Avril- just because.

Graham and Pauline- as above.

Everyone I haven't mentioned personally - thanks for being such rewarding online friends.

Happy Tuesday everyone. Be well and safe. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

What a lovely post thinking about everyone else Jane and I’m sure everyone else will hope you have a fantastic day today, blue skies and sunshine for everyone I think 🌞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I understood the reference as far as swingers John, but the words 'three seater' boggled my mind😲 

Did he mean.......!!?  No, surely not, not my little bro😇

Avril

He probably did Avril, you need to take him on one side for a good talking to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2