P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

On 7/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Eddie99 said:

Thanks Jane

btw I’m a girlie Eddie.  Confusing times, eh?

My pronouns are she/her, as I believe the younger people sometimes add to their bio’s. 🤔 😋

Hot, hot, hot again today.

We we’re out for a little stroll at 6.30 and it felt like that might be the most comfortable part of the day

Those people who are taking a UK break - hope you continue to enjoy

Everyone - have a good day!

Confusing times certainly, I am a girlie Rupert who just happens to be a Rupert the Bear fan 😁 look after that precious little girl, we had a labrador with us for 14 years, she was so special. We have sponsored a guide dog puppy this year called Derek, he is so cute!

• Like 2

Afternoon all, a hot one here in Kent, think we brought the good weather back from the North West with us! 

Not up to much, haven’t left the house, lots of washing drying quickly.  Son, partner and grandson popped in for an hour or so and we huddled under the shade while little one played in the sand pit! 

Have a nice weekend all.

• Like 4

It was such a beautiful morning that I thought that it would be a good idea to walk to the vaccine hub which is only 1.5 miles away, I didn't consider the walk  back being uphill in the extremely hot afternoon.  I have learned a lesson and will take the car next week whatever the.weather

• Like 3

We ventured to the theatre today, the first time since January 2020. The Globe Theatre did a good job at spreading out the seating. It was a very hot day to be wearing a mask for so long but well worth it. It was quite emotional, there were a few happy tears 😊

223F69E7-6473-486B-B34B-9195C9D697B9.jpeg

• Like 12

We have been to Gretna Green this morning.

We then went to the Gretna outlet shopping village and while there we got pizza's for lunch.

From there we called at the Houghton garden centre.

We then stopped at Corbridge for an hour before stopping at our local beach for an hour before coming home.

We got the hose pipe out and watered the back and front gardens.

Graham.

IMG_20210717_104321.jpg

IMG_20210717_104436.jpg

IMG_20210717_113943.jpg

IMG_20210717_114028.jpg

IMG_20210717_140233.jpg

• Like 13

I’ve not been on lately very much been too busy looking after the sick in-laws, father in-law came out of hospital last Sunday ( far too early) with shingles, mother in-law has had two bad angina attacks close together for my liking thought yesterday was her last day with us , it’s been very tiring trying to sort new furniture out for the new flat 18 weeks delay for most items 😤 and trying to declutter a 3 bedroom house and spending 10 hrs a day nursing them both , I’m running on empty at the moment and starting to have a short fuse with them , they refuse to have Carreas in and just want us 🥺 it’s really hard doing what we are doing, I wouldn’t mind so much if I wasn’t moving just so drained at the moment but I a still reading everyone’s post but not commenting on all , I’m still here lurking so take great care everyone stay safe for next weeks unveiling, 😷 I need a Kalos pick me up now 🥺

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I’ve not been on lately very much been too busy looking after the sick in-laws, father in-law came out of hospital last Sunday ( far too early) with shingles, mother in-law has had two bad angina attacks close together for my liking thought yesterday was her last day with us , it’s been very tiring trying to sort new furniture out for the new flat 18 weeks delay for most items 😤 and trying to declutter a 3 bedroom house and spending 10 hrs a day nursing them both , I’m running on empty at the moment and starting to have a short fuse with them , they refuse to have Carreas in and just want us 🥺 it’s really hard doing what we are doing, I wouldn’t mind so much if I wasn’t moving just so drained at the moment but I a still reading everyone’s post but not commenting on all , I’m still here lurking so take great care everyone stay safe for next weeks unveiling, 😷 I need a Kalos pick me up now 🥺

Sorry to hear your in laws are poorly.

I can totally empathise with you.

Paulines brother lived with his late mam and nursed her 24/7 for her last 4 years of life with Dementia.

Pauline spent 8 hours a day and me about 4 hours helping as we didn't want carers in.

We regularly had to go down in the middle of the night for an hour or two to calm her down.

Paulines sister walked away and never saw her mam again in her mam's last 4 years of life.

CC on P&O has gone quiet but it's nice we all chip in regularly.

Take care Sandra.

Graham

Screenshot_20210715_131756_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

I feel for you, it’s such a difficult situation. My late MIL didn’t want carers but we insisted as we were both working full time and our children were teenagers who needed running to school and all sorts of activities. We still visited every evening after work and sorted her shopping and all appointments etc but the carer who came first thing and then again at lunch time was a big help with personal needs etc. Once we had set it all up, she was happy enough and enjoyed their visits. This might sound harsh, but what would happen if something happened to you? I’m seeing now with my own parents the tunnel vision that seems to descend on them. They can’t help it and they say all the time that they’ve had their time and that we’re not to worry but we’re coming close to needing some external support for them too, just hoping that they realise that themselves before long!  There’s nothing wrong with putting your foot down (just a bit!). Best of luck. 

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They were thin based romano Margherita pizza's and were lovely Sandra.

Our plates were empty afterwards.😋

I trust you had dough balls pizza express and not beanz🤣.

Edited by zap99

14 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Confusing times certainly, I am a girlie Rupert who just happens to be a Rupert the Bear fan 😁 look after that precious little girl, we had a labrador with us for 14 years, she was so special. We have sponsored a guide dog puppy this year called Derek, he is so cute!

I'm assuming Derek is a bloke dog.I'm all for diversity nowdays.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I think you're doing the right thing in this present climate.My BIL is recovering from Covid in Basingstoke hospital.81 and chairbound after a brainbleed years ago.He had been lethargic and not eating recently,the carers said they've had a few like this recently.Turns out he had Covid.Double jabbed (which probably has saved his life),wife negative.Draw your own conclusions regarding source of infection.Good luck and hope things improve for you,Brian.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I feel for you Sandra. You sound totally drained. Try to stay strong. Best wishes. Jane.x  

• Like 4

I really feel for you in this really difficult situation. We’ve been through much the same thing with both sets of parents and it’s really, really tough.

The only crumb of comfort I can offer is that it does come to an end, and that in years to come you’ll always be able to look back knowing that you did the right thing, rather than harbouring a sense of guilt.

We know that our parents were looked after, right to the end, and knowing that does bring some positivity.  You do need to consider your own needs too though, and the right carers can make a huge difference if you’re able to explain that things are just too much.

Harry

• Like 10

Just a quick post to say look after yourself and maybe suggest to in-laws they have carers in on a temporary basis whilst you sort out house move. If they think only for a few weeks they may be more amenable to it and then find it works well for them. If you become poorly they’ll have no option.

Sending a hug.

Gill x

• Like 7

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interesting juxtaposition  - shopping village and pizza versus Globe Theatre. 

Shows how mulicultural we are here!

Allow me to lower the tone Wowzz... 

I had pie and mash at Walton on the Naze followed by a 99 from the beach kiosk... 

More my level I'm afraid😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Interesting juxtaposition  - shopping village and pizza versus Globe Theatre. 

Shows how mulicultural we are here!

We also went to Pizza Express after the theatre,  there’s one right next to it 😊

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Allow me to lower the tone Wowzz... 

I had pie and mash at Walton on the Naze followed by a 99 from the beach kiosk... 

More my level I'm afraid😊

Andy 

I'm down there with you Andy. Give me pie and mash over pizza any day.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning . Oh dear you are in the thick of it but good advice has been given and  things 

will come good in the end I'm sure . We all have to do the right thing and be sensible as we have been told on TV recently ,more so now one of the nameless  lets just call him "Malteser -head"has come down with the covid ,his buddies have turned off their NHS apps .you can't be too careful can you :classic_wacko: It been so hot lately I just chill in the shade watching the world go by  and have a glance on here now and again and try too catch up with the posts .There are lots of food and drink related posts I see. My missus had such double standards when it comes to alcohol with food. She loves a bit of sherry trifle, steak& ale pie and all that sort of stuff but the look on her face when I pour vodka over my cornflakes.:classic_ohmy: With the weather being hot we had a chippie meal last night .Our chippie makes a mean meat &  potato pie ...  there's no meat in it, so we had fish instead :classic_smile: Back to this site I was reading about folks who wanted a good Library on board the ships ,not for me I prefer to read online these days. I once got a book from a charity shop it was titled ‘A Guide to Surgical Procedures’. I opened it up and the appendix was missing :classic_unsure:

Well tomorrows going to be a weird day ,should you wish to rob a bank just remember a mask is optional but just be sensible and think of others ,so we are told. All this lot is really getting Mrs Kalos down and one of her mates suggested that now the nice weathers here I should treat her to a surprise bikini wax ,which should make her happy ..It did not ! :classic_sad: 

Maybe I should have let her come round and wake up first this morning  :classic_unsure: 

I hope you are feeling a bit better now and I'm going to find a nice shady spot of the garden to chill out in .Stay safe and take care everyone :classic_love::classic_biggrin:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning . Oh dear you are in the thick of it but good advice has been given and  things 

will come good in the end I'm sure . We all have to do the right thing and be sensible as we have been told on TV recently ,more so now one of the nameless  lets just call him "Malteser -head"has come down with the covid ,his buddies have turned off their NHS apps .you can't be too careful can you :classic_wacko: It been so hot lately I just chill in the shade watching the world go by  and have a glance on here now and again and try too catch up with the posts .There are lots of food and drink related posts I see. My missus had such double standards when it comes to alcohol with food. She loves a bit of sherry trifle, steak& ale pie and all that sort of stuff but the look on her face when I pour vodka over my cornflakes.:classic_ohmy: With the weather being hot we had a chippie meal last night .Our chippie makes a mean meat &  potato pie ...  there's no meat in it, so we had fish instead :classic_smile: Back to this site I was reading about folks who wanted a good Library on board the ships ,not for me I prefer to read online these days. I once got a book from a charity shop it was titled ‘A Guide to Surgical Procedures’. I opened it up and the appendix was missing :classic_unsure:

Well tomorrows going to be a weird day ,should you wish to rob a bank just remember a mask is optional but just be sensible and think of others ,so we are told. All this lot is really getting Mrs Kalos down and one of her mates suggested that now the nice weathers here I should treat her to a surprise bikini wax ,which should make her happy ..It did not ! :classic_sad: 

Maybe I should have let her come round and wake up first this morning  :classic_unsure: 

I hope you are feeling a bit better now and I'm going to find a nice shady spot of the garden to chill out in .Stay safe and take care everyone :classic_love::classic_biggrin:

A “pick me up” post from Kalos!!! Just what we all need on this far too hot Sunday morning.

Too hot for me today, staying in the shade or indoors if we can.

Need to pop to the shops but that’s ok as the car is cool.
Going to order new floor tiles for the wet room too, the ones down currently are very smooth and dangerous as soon as they get wet so having some with more texture(is that the right word?)

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

So sorry to hear this, good advice given by Angel re carers. Hope things improve for you, take care x

• Like 1