Lock down

Although I think it's sensible I hope they've thought it all through properly - which I doubt as it appears to be a reactive decision.

All this sort of stuff should have been planned out a month ago.

3 hours ago, dillpickle48 said:

NSW and Victoria to go into lock down in the next 48 hrs.  Supermarkets, pharmacies, petrol stations, convenience stores to stay open.  Schools open Monday.  Victoria school will start holidays on Tuesday.

I don’t care about unnecessary things but what about bottle shops???

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t care about unnecessary things but what about bottle shops???

DH and I have already made plans to visit our dear old Uncle Dan tomorrow morning at opening time.  Well, their door better be open and their shelves stacked!

Or there'll be trouble.

23 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

DH and I have already made plans to visit our dear old Uncle Dan tomorrow morning at opening time.  Well, their door better be open and their shelves stacked!

Or there'll be trouble.

Haha, DH did a Dan murphys run this arvo, just in case, then off to Bunnings in the morning

Tanya

I think they would be a wee bit more desperate than fights over toilet paper!

OK, I'm about to gather accoutrements and head down to Uncle Dan to camp out for the night.  Don't tell anyone else what I'm doing cruisers ... OK?  Ssshhh, secret stuff.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Although I think it's sensible I hope they've thought it all through properly - which I doubt as it appears to be a reactive decision.

I believe the plan was all determined weeks ago, they just didn't know when the switch was going to be flicked. That was dependent on how the virus was travelling. And clearly the fact that people were flagrantly ignoring the distance measures meant they had to do something earlier than later. 

• Like 1

The new regulations were aimed specifically at those self centred idiots who refused to social distance and partied over the weekend. They've now dragged restaurants and gyms into the mix. 

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Agreed, every single day they're just reacting to some new events, rather than actually doing decent planning. It shows very poor planning, especially as we had recent cases and better examples in Asian countries. 

Poor government at work again...

Please do not worry dans will do home delivery.......

Have all ready got a good stock under the bed......

yes this is important ... in these uncertain  times... wine is a life line...

On one hand LOL......   but see me without a glass with dinner..... then it becomes serious.....

But one agrees self isolation must be taken  seriously ....

I fear thing will only get worse....

Finger crossed Don

5 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Please do not worry dans will do home delivery.......

Have all ready got a good stock under the bed......

yes this is important ... in these uncertain  times... wine is a life line...

On one hand LOL......   but see me without a glass with dinner..... then it becomes serious.....

But one agrees self isolation must be taken  seriously ....

I fear thing will only get worse....

Finger crossed Don

Well we are told ,alcohol kills the virus.

• Thanks 1

Crazy new laws...all it's doing is making the pandemic go on longer and more businesses close down in the meantime.  How many people are at Coles and Woolies at any one time??  Total lockdown for 2 weeks would be better.  Businesses could cope with 2 weeks of no business at least - not closing for weeks, months on end stupidity.

Alcohol stores are all open (both my kids work in them and they are busy) - but nobody has mentioned Kmart!  It's an essential isn't it lol

10 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Agreed, every single day they're just reacting to some new events, rather than actually doing decent planning. It shows very poor planning, especially as we had recent cases and better examples in Asian countries. 

Poor government at work again...

We returned from a cruise 15 days ago. Since then, what was a fairly minor health problem in Australia, has escalated every day. A week ago I don't think many of us could have imagined that we would be facing lock-downs at this time. If these restrictions were brought in a week ago, there would have been very loud screams of "over-reaction" etc. The government would have been criticized very strongly.

These measure were probably already planned to be introduced if and when the situation warranted it. There was to be a meeting of the National Cabinet next Tuesday, but at the request of a couple of state Premiers, it was brought forward to yesterday afternoon. The government had previously requested that people follow the ''social distancing rule" but when many didn't, stronger measures had to be brought in.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr&MrsCookie said:

Crazy new laws...all it's doing is making the pandemic go on longer and more businesses close down in the meantime.  How many people are at Coles and Woolies at any one time??  Total lockdown for 2 weeks would be better.  Businesses could cope with 2 weeks of no business at least - not closing for weeks, months on end stupidity.

Alcohol stores are all open (both my kids work in them and they are busy) - but nobody has mentioned Kmart!  It's an essential isn't it lol

From the medical advice the government has, two weeks' shut-down wouldn't do much at all. The virus would start up again after a very short lock-down.

1 hour ago, Mr&MrsCookie said:

Our new Dan Murphys opens next week, can't wait.   Grocery stores have to stay open, not everyone has big freezers or adequate refrigeration.  As for K Mart, they can close that down.  These are only stage 1 restrictions, imagine what stage 3 would be, no one goes anywhere, food drops by helicopter or drone.

Edited by NSWP