How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

About 6 months behind you, just celebrated 39 years of marriage been together 40 this weekend. I know I won lottery, not sure about her but.

8 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

About 6 months behind you, just celebrated 39 years of marriage been together 40 this weekend. I know I won lottery, not sure about her but.

You young pups, mr walker and mr gut, we had 48 yrs of marriage, 50 years  in 2022 was going to be a world cruise, all over red rover. Life  must go on though. May your long marriages continue my friends.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

You young pups, mr walker and mr gut, we had 48 yrs of marriage, 50 years  in 2022 was going to be a world cruise, all over red rover. Life  must go on though. May your long marriages continue my friends.

And our hearts go out to you Les, don’t let her know I said it, but I can’t imagine how I will get on if Mrs Gut goes before me.

• Like 4

Belvoir Theatre in Surrey Hills, Sydney will be reopening on 10th Sept for "A Room of One's Own", under Covid Safe guidelines.  It will be their first public performance in six months.  As they said, anything could happen between now and September.  

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Belvoir Theatre in Surrey Hills, Sydney will be reopening on 10th Sept for "A Room of One's Own", under Covid Safe guidelines.  It will be their first public performance in six months.  As they said, anything could happen between now and September.  

Wishing them the best of luck. Along with getting back to cruising, going to the theatre is another activity I am sorely missing.

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

Wishing them the best of luck. Along with getting back to cruising, going to the theatre is another activity I am sorely missing.

Yes I wish them good luck for their bravery.  They have had to make a lot of changes to get to this stage.  Most of my travels within Australia, are theatre related, so I'm missing both. 

27 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh no.  Worker at Brisbane youth detention centre tests positive.  In addition, a girl has tested positive in Japan, after returning from Brisbane, via Sydney. 

ABC News

And here I thought International travel was banned, except for exemptions. I wonder what her exemption was? 🤔

The one from a Japan was allowed in to visit such father, seems she followed all the rules, though they are now saying the test wasn’t a full test, so it seems uncertain if she has it or not, till further testing.

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

And here I thought International travel was banned, except for exemptions. I wonder what her exemption was? 🤔

Emirates and Quatar are flying in .

NZ has had a few positive readings from citizens returning  home who have had to transit through Brisbane to connect to an Air NZ flight.

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

The one from a Japan was allowed in to visit such father, seems she followed all the rules, though they are now saying the test wasn’t a full test, so it seems uncertain if she has it or not, till further testing.

Yes she quarantined in Sydney for a fortnight on the way from Japan to Brisbane.  She was visiting her sick father.  

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Oh no.  Worker at Brisbane youth detention centre tests positive.  In addition, a girl has tested positive in Japan, after returning from Brisbane, via Sydney. 

ABC News

Standby for a Covid spike in Brisvegas.

16 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

And our hearts go out to you Les, don’t let her know I said it, but I can’t imagine how I will get on if Mrs Gut goes before me.

Thanks mate, I hope you two stay together forever. Life is tough for me, don't let it happen to you.

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Agreed, life does go on but that doesn't mean it is easy.

Don't take your partners for granted, you never know how good you may have it until they are gone.

Thanks Mic, a truer word has never been spoken.

8 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Tell me about it, I'm with No3 coming up on 30 years. I do not want to be left behind again.

Braver man than me. Not sure I could do more than one spouse, I have difficulty replacing the dog that died over 10 years ago.

• Like 1

I just across this letter from a solicitor from a law firm in Melbourne - representing Australians supposedly to the PM and state and territory leaders. 

Solicitor Letter

I will be interested in what others have to say. I must admit, I rolled my eyes and laughed out loud while reading it. 

Leigh

26 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I just across this letter from a solicitor from a law firm in Melbourne - representing Australians supposedly to the PM and state and territory leaders.

Solicitor Letter

I will be interested in what others have to say. I must admit, I rolled my eyes and laughed out loud while reading it. 

Leigh

Thanks for posting the link. I gave up at page 6.