How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

I still work from home and I dont see any progress in terms of changes of the situation in my city. My kids are already going crazy staying at home, well at least no is the season of a new PC games releases so they spend most of their time at home, in their rooms in front of the computer.. just like me. My wife has ordered lost of books from amazon, so she got herself busy as well

36 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I still work from home and I dont see any progress in terms of changes of the situation in my city. My kids are already going crazy staying at home, well at least no is the season of a new PC games releases so they spend most of their time at home, in their rooms in front of the computer.. just like me. My wife has ordered lost of books from amazon, so she got herself busy as well

If you dont mind me asking what part of the USA do you reside in? You guys are having a tough time, soldier on.

Edited by NSWP

I can tell you, the town is paranoid, pubs and restaurants, cafes closing down, left right and centre.  I think we are already in lockdown, the Batemans Bay CBD is very quiet. Three hour queues for Covid testing.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I can tell you, the town is paranoid, pubs and restaurants, cafes closing down, left right and centre.  I think we are already in lockdown, the Batemans Bay CBD is very quiet. Three hour queues for Covid testing.

It would be scary for the people there. Just heard we had a positive case at a gym here in Penrith - no chance of me catching it at a gym!

Bateman's Bay down to Eden is a definite on our list for next years road-trips.

Keep safe mate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Well in my neck of the woods masks are becoming more prevalent in the local shopping centre. 

Same here. We went to a big shopping centre yesterday and I reckon close to 50% of people were wearing masks.

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Good enough reason to stay out of gyms.  

When we did a road trip south of Sydney to the border, I was surprised how expensive the accommodation was in November.  Nov. in Qld. was off season.  It is a beautiful region with highlights being kangaroos on the beach, lots of birds, and wales at Eden.  Enjoyed lots of fish and chips.

You dont get much of a room for under $150 a night on the coast, or even out west as I found  out the last couple of months. so add your fuel, meals and drinks, $250 to $300 per diem easy.

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You dont get much of a room for under $150 a night on the coast, or even out west as I found  out the last couple of months. so add your fuel, meals and drinks, $250 to $300 per diem easy.

Which is what makes cruising so attractive, and that doesn’t include entertainment.

NZ has four new Covid cases, part of a family in Auckland. Source unknown. Auckland goes into stage 3 lockdown midday tomorrow, for three days while they assess the situation. The rest of NZ goes into stage 2. Jacinda acted very quickly.

Hang in there NZ!

10 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

NZ has four new Covid cases, part of a family in Auckland. Source unknown. Auckland goes into stage 3 lockdown midday tomorrow, for three days while they assess the situation. The rest of NZ goes into stage 2. Jacinda acted very quickly.

Hang in there NZ!

Jacinda is impressive moving quickly to close this outbreak down before it gets out of control.

Jacinda is impressive moving quickly to close this outbreak down before it gets out of control.

Note back to Level 2 for all of NZ except for Auckland. How does that effect you, David?  Hope tracers are able to locate what caused the small outbreak from one family. 

Edited by MMDown Under

17 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

More expensive than a cruise. ☹️

Yes I have done a couple of mini 5 day road trips out west in the past couple of months, $1200 per trip, easy and that is for just me, 3 or 4 star motels/hotels, pub/club dinner meals, light breakfast, fruit lunch, few wines, petrol.  Not cheaper than cruising for me as sole occupancy cabins would be $400 a night.

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Yes I have done a couple of mini 5 day road trips out west in the past couple of months, $1200 per trip, easy and that is for just me, 3 or 4 star motels/hotels, pub/club dinner meals, light breakfast, fruit lunch, few wines, petrol.  Not cheaper than cruising for me as sole occupancy cabins would be $400 a night.

We are doing a little road trip in early September. We booked an ocean view king bed at $220.00 per night. We drive a Subaru Forester so excellent fuel economy but the meals could easily run $150.00 a day. The cruise we are about to book is about $625.00 per day

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is surprisingly expensive.  However, isn't that less expensive than $400 per night sole occupancy?  I only cruise when there is no single supplement which makes solo cruising for me on small ships affordable.  

Note back to Level 2 for all of NZ except for Auckland. How does that effect you, David?  Hope tracers are able to locate what caused the small outbreak from one family. 

We all knew it was a matter of when rather than if . Midday today the City fell silent as everyone got back in their bubbles.A bit of panic shopping but having been through it all before most of the trolleys were just normal shops . The supermarkets have imposed limits on some lines to ensure no one misses out on whatever they want . Chaotic scenes however in the area of the outbreak as people queued in cars to be tested .

The situation is up for review on Friday .

22 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Cruising - say $200 per person(2) in a balcony (or $400 for sole occupancy) - 5 nights would be $2000 plus drinks. 

Land trip - as Les said $1200 for a 5 day trip but as he was by himself, add another $100 per day for food and drinks for two. Total $1700. 

For us, depending where you stay, it would be cheaper to do land trips. 

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

We all knew it was a matter of when rather than if . Midday today the City fell silent as everyone got back in their bubbles.A bit of panic shopping but having been through it all before most of the trolleys were just normal shops . The supermarkets have imposed limits on some lines to ensure no one misses out on whatever they want . Chaotic scenes however in the area of the outbreak as people queued in cars to be tested .

The situation is up for review on Friday .

Kudos to Jacinda. Acting quickly like that gives a few days breathing space to try to determine the source without the risk of it spreading further. I wish Gladys had done the same when the Sydney outbreak was first detected.

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That is surprisingly expensive.  However, isn't that less expensive than $400 per night sole occupancy?  I only cruise when there is no single supplement which makes solo cruising for me on small ships affordable.  

How do you find no single supplement cruises then? I have never seen any, not that I am in the market for one now.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

4 nights would then be $1600, so that does work out cheaper.