RC Being Slammed on TMZ - Nursecon

Well, with the rules we know about....if Nursecon cancelled their reservation before the cruise was cancelled, then they would have gotten FCC for all and not a refund...and the article does say "at first it was postpone"

Edited by dodgestang
  • Like 1

Based on the initial posting and the statement from RCCL.  This sounds like a full charter or partial charter.  I am guessing in the case of a charter the refund initially goes back to the charterer.  And the charterer is responsible for refunding the money

• Like 3

My daughter is a nurse and she is caught up in this mess. She just wants her money back and apparently its Nursecon and Blake Lynch (Nurse Blake the promoter) who are refusing the refund. I suspect to keep their commission?

This is a charter group. In this case, these passengers have a booking, and a contract, with a company that chartered the sailing. That company has a contract with Royal. The passengers issue is actually with the company they booked through.

The same is happening with a Dave Koz cruise in May, but it's not making news as it is a group of Jazz lovers, rather than medical personnel. 

Typical fake news... Even high school newspaper journalistic skills would cause you to pick up the phone and get a statement from Royal.  The original article lies about Royal not issuing refunds and everybody reads that. The correction never gets the coverage and most people believe the lie.  Journalism is dead in America.  

• Like 6

Originally Published -- 4/1 1:00 PM PT:

"The no-refunds rage continues..."

UPDATE:  9:27 AM PT -- 4/2:

Royal Caribbean claims they have offered the NURSECON participants a refund, telling us, "Royal Caribbean has been extremely flexible with Nursecon and has provided them with the option to offer their guests a refund on their cruise fare plus taxes and fees, or a 125% future cruise credit."

Solved!!!

On 4/4/2020 at 11:25 AM, Tree_skier said:

Typical fake news... Even high school newspaper journalistic skills would cause you to pick up the phone and get a statement from Royal.  The original article lies about Royal not issuing refunds and everybody reads that. The correction never gets the coverage and most people believe the lie.  Journalism is dead in America.  

On 4/8/2020 at 8:21 AM, mayleeman said:

It is if you think TMZ is journalism.

Unfortunately, many do.  There are people who only get their "news" from tabloid TV,  cable shows that appear news-like, and late night shows.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 1:17 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Charters operate under a different set of rules, I'm not sure how this all works

It’s not a charter but rather, it’s a contract between Nursecon and RCI.  I’m a nurse and had thought about this cruise until I read the fine print on the Nursecon site stating no refunds.  Also, just the idea of being on a cruise while having to go to class for education credits.  My daily choices while out at sea would be a pool or class....and I know which choice will win. 

7 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

It’s not a charter but rather, it’s a contract between Nursecon and RCI.  I’m a nurse and had thought about this cruise until I read the fine print on the Nursecon site stating no refunds.  Also, just the idea of being on a cruise while having to go to class for education credits.  My daily choices while out at sea would be a pool or class....and I know which choice will win. 

Does UDP apply to the classes?

19 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

Does UDP apply to the classes?

Are you talking about video conferencing?  I don’t think UDP applies specifically to Nursecon.  I just don’t think they’re that big of an LLC to conduct video streaming. Oh, and I initially thought you were talking about the Ultimate Dining Plan. 😂

35 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

That is the definition of a "charter", thank you

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

That is the definition of a "charter", thank you

I thought charter meant the entire ship and didn’t realize you can charter part of it.  Lesson learned. 

16 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

Are you talking about video conferencing?  I don’t think UDP applies specifically to Nursecon.  I just don’t think they’re that big of an LLC to conduct video streaming. Oh, and I initially thought you were talking about the Ultimate Dining Plan. 😂

I actually meant the DBP, but I was an idiot and used the wrong acronym.  That's what I get for trying to be funny.  I will just sit in the corner and excuse myself from the conversation.

12 minutes ago, Cruisin_n_Boozin said:

I actually meant the DBP, but I was an idiot and used the wrong acronym.  That's what I get for trying to be funny.  I will just sit in the corner and excuse myself from the conversation.

You should get the DBP4HOME package.