Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

29 minutes ago, davekathy said:

There's a bar called Starkey's (first bar as you leave the ship and last bar before you get back on the ship) on the right side of the pier when you first enter the pier area from the docks before walking to the water taxis.  Not sure if this is the same pier bar @Jimbo is talking about but they make a guavaberry colada. I've never had one. I always get a beer.  

OOPS!! I thought I typed "Sharkey's". 

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This looks like a beautiful lake. Where is this?   

He looks very happy 

That is Pymatuning Lake in western Pa, with parts in Ohio.  It is horsepower restricted to 9.9 I think, so mainly sailboats and pontoon boats.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I have not been to OB yet but heard great things. Love to see some pictures and review. Cheers I never heard of a Guavaberry liqueur before but sounds interesting.

We were at OB for the first time in 1994.A beautiful beach.We discovered Guavaberry years later and whenever we are in St.Maarten,our favorite Caribbean Island we bring some back home as gifts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

Photography is not allowed on OB due to the dress code, even the family beach.

I wonder how long that has been.We were there in 1994 on a shore excursion and I took pictures from the beach of the boat we came on to the beach.That was an unbelievable boat ride.Beverages included .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excellent!    Sounds like fun too🤩

Have you seen the visitor cat again?

He had a blast. As for the cat we might have spotted it last night when we came home around 9pm. It took off quickly whatever it was. 

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 11:26 AM, Lionesss said:

Today woke up at 6 am to start my kolachi recipe for cookie table. 
First grind walnuts and add sugar and vanilla. 
Next make dough and let raise in oven so the cat will not attack. She loves the smell of yeast. 
After that get out marble pizza dough plate and rolling pin. 
Place powder sugar and nuts and roll. 
Place on parchment paper. 
Into over convection 335 for 17 min.

Cool on racks. 
Slice and enjoy

15 left for wedding.  Will make 7 1/2 dozen. 

4474084A-1066-4325-8537-48929F9CA48F.jpeg

4CCC8AEE-3660-4FD7-B361-4B3D9E034FF1.jpeg

D53F3BB5-AA10-4EF8-8E95-A22C960EBD51.jpeg

AFE6F8D0-ECFC-4636-A3A7-60B3CF37436A.jpeg

Wow you are ambitious!!  They look delicious.  Lucky Wedding Guests!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We’ll that was an experience that I wouldn’t wish on anyone. Started OK with the driver skillfully backing the truck down the street without damaging any trees, mailboxes, or lawns. Would not have been a good way to meet the neighbors. The first 2 table and chair that they brought in were damaged…gouged wood and torn leather. Disappointing but they weren’t anything special and can be replaced. They then brought in a series of boxes that were crushed. We had to quickly open all boxes to see what f anything inside was damaged. We have 90 days to report damage but I wanted to get as much damage as possible noted on the driver’s paperwork

We brought most of our important/valuable stuff with us in the car. Micheline however had 3 “heirloom” pieces of furniture handed down for her grandfather that were on the truck. There were a matching Birdseye maple dresser and nightstand that we had just had professionally refinished, and a solid walnut drop leaf table that Micheline herself refinished (it was perfect). They brought the Birdseye maple nightstand in and the top had been gouged. Tears started flowing at that point. Fortunately, the matching dresser was OK. After more crushed, scratched, bent, and chipped stuff kept coming, we were numb. That was good because the walnut table came last and the pedestal leg was completely broken off. I don’t think it can be salvaged. Will be interesting to see how much money they give us for that. 

When the movers left, we locked the door and decided to get some fish tacos and cold drinks while staring at the ocean. We’ll deal with the mess in the house later. 
740FF920-3CED-42B7-84E8-3F218368F270.thumb.jpeg.0fa6f11f9ad23791ee10870cb88f1515.jpeg

Examples of some of the damage:

A74889C3-B2ED-410E-9B64-4A6FB108DAC3.thumb.jpeg.791da7e12b63e23f8a47c25c391cb669.jpegE7B9FE92-52E7-4CC5-97FF-7D472A15DBEA.thumb.jpeg.8dae20ffb3d7eaa61e45230c485ca6b5.jpegFE8A0B4F-DF90-4516-92B3-EF9C68E7BBA0.thumb.jpeg.99ce2ea3cf69430d3e9c84707277ab9c.jpeg94579312-B03D-4D56-ACCC-97013424573F.thumb.jpeg.f72d851ba8c77dac9dcfcce18da78316.jpeg

I am so sorry for all of your damaged cherished furniture and other broken items.  How horrendous.  We were very fortunate with our movers.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

Yesterday we were in St Mawes which featured quite heavily in the last Comoran Strike novel by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling). It has a fortress castle built by King Henry 8th in the 16c . Lovely little town 

20210706_131626.jpg

20210706_131503.jpg

Beautiful pictures!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it's not Guavaberry Emporium, that is in town. I believe you can buy it in a bottle there.

Place I was talking about was on the Pier, after looking at googlemaps, I now know why it isn't where I first told you is because the whole pier area is new now compared to when we were there. It was quite awhile ago since we did a Carribean Cruise.

I believe it was Sharkey's, and ask for the Gravaberry Colada, @dave&kathy were correct.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great minds think alike. I looked around on Google and found it too. I will definitely stop there on our cruise. Thank you Renee!

I stop there on every visit to St. Maarten. The Emporium on Front St. will give you samples to try. You can then buy a drink if you choose to. They also sell bottles of the liqueur to take home. The drinks really are delicious. Guava berrys grow only on St. Maarten. I have no idea why.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

delicious. Guava berrys grow only on St. Maarten. I have no idea why.

I was curious about so I started reading about them. Sounds not only interesting but also delicious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I stop there on every visit to St. Maarten. The Emporium on Front St. will give you samples to try. You can then buy a drink if you choose to. They also sell bottles of the liqueur to take homw. The drinks really are delicious. Guava berrys grow only on St. Maarten. I have no idea why.

To entice us to go on a cruise there to have a drink made from the guava berry. 🍹 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It has been a warm 68°F today.

After Wednesday Eucharist at church we called at the beach for an hour.

This afternoon the doctors rang about a blood pressure check so I called at 3pm and had it checked.

From there we got some ice creams,coffee and hot chocolate and sat at the beach for an hour.

It is now 19.25pm and I am waiting for the England v Denmark Euros semi final football match to start at 20.00pm.

IMG_20210707_122830.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It has been a warm 68°F today.

After Wednesday Eucharist at church we called at the beach for an hour.

This afternoon the doctors rang about a blood pressure check so I called at 3pm and had it checked.

From there we got some ice creams,coffee and hot chocolate and sat at the beach for an hour.

It is now 19.25pm and I am waiting for the England v Denmark Euros semi final football match to start at 20.00pm.

Watching the pre-game now.  It’s wonderful to see Wembley almost full with fans.  I enjoyed the Italy win yesterday, I hope whoever wins today is the winner next Sunday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

Good morning everyone, sitting in our penthouse suite looking out at St Maarten along with the Enchantment of the seas, great cruise so far , heading to orient beach in a couple of hours. 

Ohh..no tan lines.  😉 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, George C said:

Good morning everyone, sitting in our penthouse suite looking out at St Maarten along with the Enchantment of the seas, great cruise so far , heading to orient beach in a couple of hours. 

Sounds like heaven!    So happy you are both enjoying your special cruise.    

How's the hot tub on the deck?    I would be in that every night with a glass of wine looking at the stars

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

There's a bar called Starkey's (first bar as you leave the ship and last bar before you get back on the ship) on the right side of the pier when you first enter the pier area from the docks before walking to the water taxis.  Not sure if this is the same pier bar @Jimbo is talking about but they make a guavaberry colada. I've never had one. I always get a beer.  

Bucky loves the little grocery/sundry type shop in the port shopping area where the crew members love to go.  They have Presidente Beer to go, 2 for 5 bucks...ice cold.  Great to stop by after a hot day on the way back to the ship.  They also sell a lot of big wheels of Dutch Cheese.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2