Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Joys of retirement , spending our cruising money on the boat as we can't go anywhere

Congrats on the boat !!

We bought a Hot tub for our new house about 2 months ago, still waiting for it to be delivered. Pools and Hot Tubs are hard to find and the wait is long.

We have the concrete pad already to go once it gets here, hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks we are told.

20210630_161453.jpg

20210630_161433.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Congrats on the boat !!

We bought a Hot tub for our new house about 2 months ago, still waiting for it to be delivered. Pools and Hot Tubs are hard to find and the wait is long.

We have the concrete pad already to go once it gets here, hopefully sometime in the next 2 weeks we are told.

20210630_161453.jpg

20210630_161433.jpg

That will be fantastic sitting in the hot tub , drink in hand, overlooking your amazing garden 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It started with one (unvaxxed) kid, who returned from a trip abroad with his whole family. All the others were fully vaxxed. Turns out he was sick with the Delta variant, his class and teachers were sent for checks, dozens were positives, teachers who teach in different classes the same, and so it spread to the sports classes, to the afternoon music/art activities, and so on....

It spread like fire. 

Contact tracing found more and more positives, who were quarantined....

A good friend of ours, 75 years old, fully vaxxed among the first ones, since he still consults at the biggest hospital in Tel Aviv (rheumatology). He is also in the hospital's control group of antibodies. A month ago he had a very good level of them.

He is sick with not so mild symptoms for the last 10 days. Cannot tract contact....

His wife is negative. 

They're the oldest in our group and we didn't saw them for more than an year, since they were more vary of getting out and about....

Sorry to hear your friend is very poorly with Covid19 Dani.

Sending prayers 🙏 for a full and speedy recovery for him.

Graham. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Congrats on the boat !!

20210630_161453.jpg

20210630_161433.jpg

Nice!     Perfect spot for a hot tub.       Let us know if you see Mama deer, I am hoping they briefly strayed away from her.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are testing positive but not necessarily sick. That is how vaccines work. If you come in contact with the virus you will test positive.

But you might not necessarily have it, but just test positive?

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We haven’t been since early 2020. I did hear no samples any more. I always wanted to stop and get a hot dog since several friends go to Costco for their hot dog lunch. I hope they still do food and have the picnic tables available. 

We have been going thru out the pandemic, just a lot less often. Today was my first time I went in with the early senior (60and above) hours 9: - 10:00. I was eligible in April, but just never bothered. They are ending that on July 26 so I probably won’t make it again.

The tables are there, but I’m not sure of the food. The sample people are there advertising the products, but no tastings given out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Track/Test and Trace is done by Bluetooth on the UK NHS covid19 app.

If you have been near someone or place where someone has tested positive your app is pinged to advise you to isolate or get a covid19 test.

Thanks for the info. I wonder how many people turn their phones off when they go out and about so they don’t get pinged. If people in the US were tracked like that they would have a cow. Me, I really wouldn’t care. Better safe than spreading it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Very few people in masks in Northeast Florida except in doctor’s offices, where they are required. 
on the other hand, because of the Delta Variant, our hospitals are running out of room. 

Sorry to hear the hospitals are running out of room up there. They said the ICU beds are almost full in South Florida. I’m not surprised.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think about that, too. I have often thought that I should stop contributing to the issue and become vegetarian. However, I never get any further than thinking about it.😏 Though I have not touched veal in years. It is horrible what happens to baby calfs.

The vegetarian thing has also crossed my mind for about a split second. I was telling Mike today with the cost of meat we should cut back some. After your comment about the baby calves I had to google it. Wished I wasn’t so curious sometimes. 😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

That will be fantastic sitting in the hot tub , drink in hand, overlooking your amazing garden 

Agreed and especially during cold days.

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

First overnight stay on our boat in the marina 

This is the first boat we've had 😁

Up early tomorrow to  navigate some locks

20210719_203559.jpg

Enjoy your boat. They are a lot of fun. We have only slept on ours a few times.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. I wonder how many people turn their phones off when they go out and about so they don’t get pinged. If people in the US were tracked like that they would have a cow. Me, I really wouldn’t care. Better safe than spreading it.

There are always burner phones or just leaving your phone at home.  I would use one of those options.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Track/Test and Trace is done by Bluetooth on the UK NHS covid19 app.

If you have been near someone or place where someone has tested positive your app is pinged to advise you to isolate or get a covid19 test.

Are you required to have the app? What about people without smart phones. Here in RI the State developed an app. It went nowhere as people just did not buy into the concept. You know we colonists are a little skeptical of government.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Our Costco has started giving samples and the picnic tables came back about a month ago.

No samples here nor do other stores that used to give samples.However,a supermarket in a nearby town was giving out free pints of ice cream.One to a customer .My wife brought one home.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Keksie said:

There are always burner phones or just leaving your phone at home.  I would use one of those options.

"The system" is well aware of those tricks.... If your mobile was "immobile" for a certain period of time, they send someone asking you to wave from the window of your house....😉

"The system" is so sophisticated that we've received a ping that a positive person was in our usual local supermarket.... "They" know we frequent this place due to the credit card charges....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What about people without smart phones.

Here kids 5 years old have smart phones....

And on another note, you have to do "risk evaluation".... Personally, I prefer to be aware if a positive case was near me/in contact with me, and take appropriate measures ASAP.

• Like 4