Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think I saw that Serenade is doing a pacific coastal cruise in 2023.     will have to look further into that option as I still haven't done an Alaska cruise yet.    was suppose to this past June.

Celebrity has one in May 2022, don't see any others listed for 2022 or 2023.

• Day 1: San Diego - California
    • Tue May 03 2022 | Depart 04:00 PM
    • Day 2: Santa Barbara - California
    • Wed May 04 2022 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 3: Catalina Island - California
    • Thu May 05 2022 | 08:00 AM To 06:00 PM
    • Day 4: At Sea
    • Fri May 06 2022 |
    • Day 5: San Francisco - California
    • Sat May 07 2022 | Arrive 08:00 AM
    • Day 6: San Francisco - California
    • Sun May 08 2022 | Depart 05:00 PM
    • Day 7: At Sea
    • Mon May 09 2022 |
    • Day 8: Astoria - Oregon
    • Tue May 10 2022 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 9: Seattle - Washington
    • Wed May 11 2022 | 11:00 AM To 09:00 PM
    • Day 10: Victoria - British Columbia
    • Thu May 12 2022 | 08:00 AM To 05:00 PM
    • Day 11: Vancouver - British Columbia
    • Fri May 13 2022 | Arrive 07:00 AM

We were on Celebrity Infinity...............Funny I don't remember what cabin we had for the 1st leg but sure do remember the cabin we had on the Alaska Leg.  Corner aft. Cabin 8181 Family Veranda Class. The Balcony was amazing, almost as large as the room. Largest Balcony we have ever had on any cruise we have been on.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

First disturbing picture, since they just read about polar bear vs. grizzly.   It is amazing how massive these are. 

11EC0DC9-F528-4ADC-AAC1-ED6E6500153D.thumb.jpeg.99c5d692096af27c59b3d86dc35cd2cd.jpeg

Don't leave us hanging...who won?  The polar bear or the grizzly bear?  Inquiring minds...

My guess is the polar bear.

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Open container on Subway is allowed?

In fact there were places in Penn Station that sold "roadies".  Was on many a trains back to NJ after an event in the city, quite a few had their brown bags. My understanding was just as long as it was covered you were fine.  Can't say if that's still the case but saw up through at least the late 90s.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

• Fri May 06 2022 |
    • Mon May 09 2022 |

We were on Celebrity Infinity...............Funny I don't remember what cabin we had for the 1st leg but sure do remember the cabin we had on the Alaska Leg.  Corner aft. Cabin 8181 Family Veranda Class. The Balcony was amazing, almost as large as the room. Largest Balcony we have ever had on any cruise we have been on.

We actually had one of these on a Millennium  TA. Just DW and myself.  It was a last minute cancellation and she snagged it.  WE downgraded from a Sky Suite to get this. That is one sweet balcony.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

• Fri May 06 2022 |
    • Mon May 09 2022 |

Wow, this looks like an amazing cabin.    We love corner afts, especially the wraparound decks but this one is really nice.    Love the fact there is a large table too.

This looks like a great itinerary too.    

We have not yet sailed Celebrity but plan on someday.     Will check out this cruise for May.     Thank you for finding and sending me all these details 😍

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

@twangster - I just saw your Mardi Gras Bolt video on Twitter.  Was that using your 360 cam?  Very impressive the way that you cleanly "followed" the cars as the circled around you.  Did you try riding it?

I did ride it.  Kept the throttle pegged the whole ride.  It’s quick, like 24 seconds, but I enjoyed it.  Wish it was cheaper or more than one loop.  

46 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm pretty sure that is his Insta360 OneX2. He probably can confirm but I'm guessing he did a tracking key frame in the editing.

I'm waffling about getting one for my cruise. it's really cool but I'm worried about the learning curve this soon to my cruise. I may wait but there is no doubt it can do some amazing things.

Correct, a One X2.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Now for. TSOTD. 

I found an old favorite shirt I purchased from Crazy Shirts in HAWAII on our honeymoon. I realize this shirt is now 30 years old. 

I loved the crazy shirts t-shirts, and bought them every time we went to Hawaii.   Crazy Shirts also has a store in Key West. 

• Like 2

Our "working room" is too small for taking one picture, hence the video.

We had it custom made especially for me, since I was typing 7-9 hours a day. DH was still employed, so his "station" was more of a courtesy one...

I had a very special device to clip on the pages I was typing from, with a pedal which operated a ruler, going down with every line.

Also a retractable place to put the pages on. 

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 11

24 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Don't leave us hanging...who won?  The polar bear or the grizzly bear?  Inquiring minds...

Right you are.  Polar bear beats grizzly. At least that is what the book says. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

As I remember things from back in my college days as a bio major, the two bears are essentially the same but evoled different coloring to meet the survival needs of their environment.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The NYC subway is not a place where I would want to be inebriated. I've never had a problem but sure would want to be able to defend myself if necessary.

I am 6’5 .Nobody ever tried to mug me as an adult on a subway train .

I did not feel the negative effect of drinking the entire bottle of vodka until I was nearly home.I was not drinking it constantly .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The NYC subway is not a place where I would want to be inebriated. I've never had a problem but sure would want to be able to defend myself if necessary.

When I worked nights , I would have a knife in my back pocket, right before moving to Texas in 1982 someone was trying to mug someone much smaller and older than him , I got up and he took off as car came to station. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, George C said:

When I worked nights , I would have a knife in my back pocket, right before moving to Texas in 1982 someone was trying to mug someone much smaller and older than him , I got up and he took off as car came to station. 

I never worked nights but in the early 60’s I had a girlfriend living in the Bronx .I boarded the Lexington Ave .IRT train often at 1AM and took it to the last stop .There was never a fear in those years by anyone regardless of physical stature .Just imagine taking that ride these days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I live 5 minutes from the hospital. I get up to go to the gym. Need to be done there with enough time to make hospital rounds and then start office hours on time.

I used to get up at 4:30 AM to go to the gym also.  That was pre-COVID.  Now, since the gym reopened and I re-joined, I get up at 5:30 to go.  I love working out before sunrise and then watch as the sun comes up.  If I get up later than that, I feel like half the day's gone.

• Like 3

Just now, dani negreanu said:

Are you waiting for the kitty to be "old" enough?🥰 He/she is a real cutie.

Yes.  She won't be ready until September 11th and the earliest I can get there is the 17th.  The kitten is in Texas and we are in Florida.  It is about a 9 hour drive so I will drive over on the 16th and pick her up on the 17th.  She is super cute and I have been trying to get a Maine Coon for quite awhile.  Like houses they are in short supply.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Yes.  She won't be ready until September 11th and the earliest I can get there is the 17th.  The kitten is in Texas and we are in Florida.  It is about a 9 hour drive so I will drive over on the 16th and pick her up on the 17th.  She is super cute and I have been trying to get a Maine Coon for quite awhile.  Like houses they are in short supply.

Long drive to get a kitten, but extremely cute , so much fun having kittens in the house 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Keksie said:

She is super cute and I have been trying to get a Maine Coon for quite awhile.  Like houses they are in short supply.

Well worth the long drive.

Also here Maine Coons are in short supply.

I've posted this pic a few months ago, and I'm constantly going back to it.... This friend has a Dog de Bordeaux and a Big Dane.... a whole "menagerie" in a big house.

Just yesterday my friend posted a pic of his youngest daughter with her 2 Maine Coons. He has 10 cats and 3 dogs....

Maine Coon.jpg

• Like 9