Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

Question for all of you who have moved cross country…is there a map or app that allows you to plot distances/drive and pinpoints?

meaning if I route our drive from CO to FL, it’s estimated to take 31 hours. Is there a map functionality that lets you pick towns 10 hours or so apart to plan for overnight stays? 🤔

Traveling cross country in the land yacht, I learned quickly not to stress out over the entire trip.  Focus on the legs.   I would plot point to point using Mapquest or Google.  Breaking up the trip that way makes it look less daunting.  🙂 

• Like 2

We couldn't get booster appointments until Dec. 2, although I guess I could have shopped around. The grocery store pharmacy is more convenient. 

I decided to mix it up up a little, and have requested Moderna boosters even though we originally had Pfizer shots.:classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We use the cooled seats a lot in Florida.  Makes a big difference when first getting into a hot car.  I turned on heated seats a couple of days ago when it got down to about 50F.  I haven't even been here a year and my blood is already thinning.  🥶

I go to the Caribbean for a week and my cold tolerance is shot by the time I get home.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Any hint of what it's about?

"You" is an American psychological thriller television series based on the books by Caroline Kepnes, developed by Greg Berlanti and Sera Gamble, and produced by Alloy Entertainment and A+E Studios in association with Warner Horizon Television, now Warner Bros. Television.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I just use my Garmin.  It not only finds the hotel, it tells me how to get there, reroutes my around congestion using real time information.

A few years ago our Garmin said to turn left in 500 feet .If we did that we would have been in a river.We now use Google Maps.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We couldn't get booster appointments until Dec. 2, although I guess I could have shopped around. The grocery store pharmacy is more convenient. 

I decided to mix it up up a little, and have requested Moderna boosters even though we originally had Pfizer shots.:classic_biggrin: 

The PhiMo cocktail!😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We went with good friends of ours .The wife of the couple posts on CC.However,they only cruise on Princess.

We are going on the Enchanted Princess in Feb. We have done one Princess cruie to Hawaii and are relatively Princess newbies.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

"You" is an American psychological thriller television series based on the books by Caroline Kepnes, developed by Greg Berlanti and Sera Gamble, and produced by Alloy Entertainment and A+E Studios in association with Warner Horizon Television, now Warner Bros. Television.

Thanks, Jim!  It sounds good!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are now loving sunflower seed butter.  Bought some this weekend and we both love it!!  I put some on toast this morning...Eric tried a sun butter n jelly sandwich for lunch...delicious🤩

If you have a Targart near you check out their all natural stir free almond butter.

We do not have a Targart near us but we order it from them.It has a totally different taste from every other almond butter.

I am happy that you love Sunbutter .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I love it too.

I love felafel three!  We have a super authentic Middle Eastern place here that makes the most wonderful felafel.  Jack feels like "home" when he's there since the owners are Israeli.  They sell Israeli made groceries and even the Israeli newspapers. Jack is here in the USA over 50 years yet he is always referred to as "an Israeli".  He wears it with extreme pride.😃

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I love felafel three!  We have a super authentic Middle Eastern place here that makes the most wonderful felafel.  Jack feels like "home" when he's there since the owners are Israeli.  They sell Israeli made groceries and even the Israeli newspapers. Jack is here in the USA over 50 years yet he is always referred to as "an Israeli".  He wears it with extreme pride.😃

We have several Greek restaurants close to where we live and have Felafel there.The nearest Israeli restaurant is about 40 minutes away and pre pandemic we went there often.My niece Amy lived and worked in Israel for many years and is fluent in Hebrew.When she goes to an Israeli restaurant she always orders in Hebrew and many times has interesting conversations with the owners of the restaurants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A few years ago our Garmin said to turn left in 500 feet .If we did that we would have been in a river.We now use Google Maps.

We were driving to our rented house on the Outer Banks in N. Carolina from Norfolk, Virginia using the Garmin. GPS lady really wanted us to see this Civil War battlefield that had nothing to do with our route to Corolla. 

GPS lady was so insistent that we finally exited and drove down to look at it. It was a big empty field of tall grass, next to the highway....:classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

My wife and I both got our Pizer boosters last week. No issues luckily but I have a question we also got our shingles vaccine last month it is a two dose shot. The shingles shot left our arms extremely sore has anyone else got this shot?

We haven’t yet but those who have said it hurts!

2 hours ago, dbancroft said:

My wife and I both got our Pizer boosters last week. No issues luckily but I have a question we also got our shingles vaccine last month it is a two dose shot. The shingles shot left our arms extremely sore has anyone else got this shot?

I had my first one last year and dose two earlier this year.   No soreness at all.  My typical reaction to the flu shot has always been minor soreness, typically on day two.  DH had his first shot and is scheduled for shot two.  He says him arm never hurts after the flu but it was noticeably sore after his shot.  He also felt a little tired and a bit “off” after his second COVID shot.  I guess it is a crapshoot!

Neither we,  or our older neighbor, experienced any of the flu like symptoms mentioned in the information handout. Hopefully we will not experience shingles either!

• Like 4