Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm not sure, all I know is we never had this VPN issue before.  We have contact info for IT person in Miami and will ask them before our end february and march cruises.

Yes, Eric did sleep like a baby last night and woke up in a much better mood.

We also received a letter in our door last night they will be refunding our money for the internet pkg we purchased.  I wasnt expecting that, nor did we ask for that as I dont blame any of this on Royal.  I know our computer systems have very tight security since we have personal info for thousands of homeowners across the US.

All good, it is what it is!

We will have plenty of other sailings.

20220119_073125.thumb.jpg.433edea056140373d5761839556cd515.jpg

This morning is beautiful, seas much calmer than last night.  Just had eggs Benedict with spinach and salmon in WJ.

Very happy to hear about Eric's peace of mind. It is great that Royal will refund you for the trouble.

Yummmmm to Eggs Benedict!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All of her threads have been a head spinning soap opera.    I think she loves the attention.

Yup. The bee, the barista 😉and the "french fries with cordon blue" !!!! Lots of entertainment on the threads!

One can never win with the cordon blue woman. I was reading her tirade on Renee. She draws her big guns for every miniscule thing! Yikes!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

According to my phone measure tool, they are 36”.  

Thanks Mark. I had no luck finding the original company that makes them. I saw several on ebay for $300. As much as I like them not for $300.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Today is my son -in-law Glenn’s 50th.birthday.We are celebrating in my house with our immediate family.Toby is doing all the cooking and baking.

I am writing a birthday poem.

I hope you have a great celebration. Cheers!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Must have been kind of like this?

20210511_122358.jpg

20210511_124114.jpg

20210511_131051.jpg

This like picking a Fresh Lobster out of the Tank? Baiting? Yes, I'll take that one, Medium rare... No, but my Grand Daughters would love doing the Car Petting Zoo thing. Papa would never tell them he know's what they taste like...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Yup. The bee, the barista 😉and the "french fries with cordon blue" !!!! Lots of entertainment on the threads!

One can never win with the cordon blue woman. I was reading her tirade on Renee. She draws her big guns for every miniscule thing! Yikes!

Some people have a need to always be right, no matter how big or small the issue. And they will go to great lengths to prove it,  I  wonder if the tirade is what got the thread deleted?

As for Bee, she'll be back. I got notifications that some people quoted my posts but the thread was deleted before I could read them. Now I'll never know how people like their pizza. 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

This like picking a Fresh Lobster out of the Tank? Baiting? Yes, I'll take that one, Medium rare... No, but my Grand Daughters would love doing the Car Petting Zoo thing. Papa would never tell them he know's what they taste like...

It was a fun day and the animals were amazing, we also left with all our fingers and no damage  to the vehicle.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Mark. I had no luck finding the original company that makes them. I saw several on ebay for $300. As much as I like them not for $300

I saw that as well, plus I saw that one with the surfboard was part of an auction on Oahu in 2020, but it didn’t list the winning bid.  They must be rare. 

I guess $300 doesn’t seem bad, when I see how much my wife spends on American Doll and the outfits for our granddaughter. 😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

@dani negreanu Cruise Critic was toying with me so instead of going back to find your post, let me just say I’m so glad your grandson safely came through his procedure.. and that the adults can now breathe a sigh of relief!

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s great he’s doing well and everything worked out.

@A&L_Ont, @lenquixote66

Thank you.

Just a fun story of the "background" -- we've noticed he doesn't speak. The doctor said: " 'water' in the ears". Might need surgery. DIL wasn't keen and asked for alternatives. Acupuncture was offered. GS2 liked it very much and was looking forward to every session. Not so much to the speech therapist ones. After 2 SP, he bunkered in a corner and couldn't be persuaded to continue.

3 months of acu, the water was still there.... The parents decided to stop the acu. GS2 wanted, of course, to continue. Instead of telling him that the results were not good, they told him he has no more water in his ears... Sure enough, the same evening my son noticed that GS2 was trying to squirt water in his ears with the movable shower head.... When asked what he was doing, he replied that he wants water in his ears, so that he can return to acu... 😁

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

A few years back one lady came on here and bragged her husband had 12 of them. She got a lot of flack for it. Anyone else remember that?

I remember someone bragging about 14 tails...

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Holy cow! How in the world can a stomach even hold that many? 

My thinking exactly 😲

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just went over to our middle school to do a Covid test before the one for travel tomorrow. Negative. I don't want any surprises tomorrow. Being the school district physician has its perks.

As it should. Wishing you more negative Covid tests, and a very enjoyable cruise. Longtime overdue.

58 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very happy to hear about Eric's peace of mind. It is great that Royal will refund you for the trouble.

Yummmmm to Eggs Benedict!

@Sunshine3601    +1 for Eric's peace of mind.

And double "Yummmmm" to Eggs Benedict!!  One of the reasons I like cruising....🤪

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is my son -in-law Glenn’s 50th.birthday.We are celebrating in my house with our immediate family. Toby is doing all the cooking and baking. I am writing a birthday poem.

Mazal Tov to Glenn. Enjoy the celebrations and the getting together 💐

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I was reading that one occasionally for the entertainment value but can’t seem to find the thread now.  
Is it just me or did her posts seem even wackier than usual?

I saw that thread and it was crazy wacky.  It might of been because I was late to the thread and skimmed some but it was hard for me to follow.  I had left it open in a tab and when I refreshed it a while ago it was deleted.

@Sunshine3601 Hate that you are having to cut the cruise short.  Thankful you got to enjoy the first half.  I enjoyed 3 lobsters too.  I told Sharon…. Sunshine just posted the guy next to her ate 7 lobster!  She laughed and said, well you have done that. 

@dani negreanu You have a good looking grandson.  Thankful all went well.

Some may remember me mentioning my youngest daughter is having a baby and we got to hear the heart beat right before we left last week. She has a very sore throat and her body aches so she stayed home today.  Here work sent someone to her house to test her and it was positive for Covid.  I saw where some here were talking about the free test and found out our daughter had already ordered them for us.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just went over to our middle school to do a covid test before the one for travel tomorrow. Negative. I don't want any surprises tomorrow. Being the school district physician has its perks.

I was going to ask if you were going to pretest before the test. 

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Was that yesterday and what was the tirade about?  I did see the FF discussion.  Just so everyone knows, I love fries, more so than rice. 

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I saw that as well, plus I saw that one with the surfboard was part of an auction on Oahu in 2020, but it didn’t list the winning bid.  They must be rare. 

I guess $300 doesn’t seem bad, when I see how much my wife spends on American Doll and the outfits for our granddaughter. 😂😂

That would be one doll and one outfit.  Those girls have expensive tastes.  Now that I think about it I have little "Coconut" the original American Doll dog (who just happens to be a Westie) in the basement with the girls.  Maybe someday I will the opportunity to drag the box out. 

@lenquixote66Happy Birthday to your SIL and happy upcoming anniversary to you and Toby!

@Ozark_KidI hope your daughter feels better soon.  My daughter's BF, who is also pregnant, had Covid at Christmas time.  She was feeling pretty lousy for a few days.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A video of todays action. IMO it’s a perfect song selection… I may have been daydreaming while editing to it. 🍹

Something to be said about the slow motion snow dripping from the hood deflector. I can’t wait for spring. 

Wow, Andrew, that was mesmerizing.  I was totally going Zen. Great song, great video.  Thanks for sharing!

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

20220119_073125.thumb.jpg.433edea056140373d5761839556cd515.jpg

This morning is beautiful, seas much calmer than last night.  Just had eggs Benedict with spinach and salmon in WJ.

Beautiful picture, Debbie!  I'm looking forward to my daily eggs Benedict onboard next month!😉

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely would be really nice to have as many as possible.  I'm thinking sometime in June.   ???

It sounds like a plan!😊  A great plan!

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just went over to our middle school to do a covid test before the one for travel tomorrow. Negative. I don't want any surprises tomorrow. Being the school district physician has its perks.

Yay!! Congratulations OB!!  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is my son -in-law Glenn’s 50th.birthday.We are celebrating in my house with our immediate family.Toby is doing all the cooking and baking.

Happy 50th birthday Glenn, Lenny's son in law.

birthday-fireworks.gif.93f1e7c6e52e2869b60c44635b2a604d.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I saw that thread and it was crazy wacky.  It might of been because I was late to the thread and skimmed some but it was hard for me to follow.  I had left it open in a tab and when I refreshed it a while ago it was deleted.

@Sunshine3601 Hate that you are having to cut the cruise short.  Thankful you got to enjoy the first half.  I enjoyed 3 lobsters too.  I told Sharon…. Sunshine just posted the guy next to her ate 7 lobster!  She laughed and said, well you have done that. 

@dani negreanu You have a good looking grandson.  Thankful all went well.

Some may remember me mentioning my youngest daughter is having a baby and we got to hear the heart beat right before we left last week. She has a very sore throat and her body aches so she stayed home today.  Here work sent someone to her house to test her and it was positive for Covid.  I saw where some here were talking about the free test and found out our daughter had already ordered them for us.

Sending prayers 🙏 for your daughter that she gets over covid quickly and her baby is fine.

Graham.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Birthday to yourSIL Glenn!  Enjoy all of Toby's cooking and baking.  How is Toby doing with her legs?

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I miss the days of going into the City to buy our granddaughters their American Girl Dolls and accessories.  No more little girls...all 3 are beautiful young ladies.❤️

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont, @lenquixote66

Thank you.

Just a fun story of the "background" -- we've noticed he doesn't speak. The doctor said: " 'water' in the ears". Might need surgery. DIL wasn't keen and asked for alternatives. Acupuncture was offered. GS2 liked it very much and was looking forward to every session. Not so much to the speech therapist ones. After 2 SP, he bunkered in a corner and couldn't be persuaded to continue.

3 months of acu, the water was still there.... The parents decided to stop the acu. GS2 wanted, of course, to continue. Instead of telling him that the results were not good, they told him he has no more water in his ears... Sure enough, the same evening my son noticed that GS2 was trying to squirt water in his ears with the movable shower head.... When asked what he was doing, he replied that he wants water in his ears, so that he can return to acu... 😁

My goodness, Dani, that's a riot!😁  The things the kids do...amazing..we're like, what were they thinking?  Years ago, we were watching television one evening, when we heard a loud thud from  upstairs.   We ran upstairs to find our grandson on the floor, with one of the fan blades right next to him.  He had been wondering if the fan would swing him around.🤔 

John, I sure hope your daughter feels better quickly.  Very thoughtful of your daughter to have already ordered  the free Covid tests for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wishing Glenn a super birthday.

My husband, Jack, shares something with Lenny's son-in-law.  Today is his birthday too.  No cake, no fancy dinner out.  We're leery of being in a group setting.  We'll just bring in something for dinner, Maggiano's (not my fave but Jack's) or Chinese which is both our faves. He said the best birthday gift is being together, healthy and content. I agree! 😍

Our daughter is working on one of those photo books that will be chock full of family photos.  He's gonna flip when he gets it.

'

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I have another Idea.

Since there are over 50 people on the Bella group site.

If we all chip in 50cents (LOL) we can bribe the the people that make the specialty cakes and order a cake to celebrate all of us.

We could put in writing the Bella cruise or whatever.

And celebrate together when all want to celebrate, and where-ever that maybe.

Just a thought.

Great idea.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I'm going to keep a eye out for them in the future. I would like to add a surfing Santa to my collection.

John I'm sorry to hear this about your daughter. I hope she gets well soon and the baby is fine. 

Keep us posted please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@A&L_Ont, @lenquixote66

Thank you.

I remember someone bragging about 14 tails...

My thinking exactly 😲

As it should. Wishing you more negative Covid tests, and a very enjoyable cruise. Longtime overdue.

@Sunshine3601    +1 for Eric's peace of mind.

And double "Yummmmm" to Eggs Benedict!!  One of the reasons I like cruising....🤪

Mazal Tov to Glenn. Enjoy the celebrations and the getting together 💐

Thank you,Dani.

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday to yourSIL Glenn!  Enjoy all of Toby's cooking and baking.  How is Toby doing with her legs?

I miss the days of going into the City to buy our granddaughters their American Girl Dolls and accessories.  No more little girls...all 3 are beautiful young ladies.❤️

My goodness, Dani, that's a riot!😁  The things the kids do...amazing..we're like, what were they thinking?  Years ago, we were watching television one evening, when we heard a loud thud from  upstairs.   We ran upstairs to find our grandson on the floor, with one of the fan blades right next to him.  He had been wondering if the fan would swing him around.🤔 

John, I sure hope your daughter feels better quickly.  Very thoughtful of your daughter to have already ordered  the free Covid tests for you!

Thanks,MaryAnn.The legs are okay but the Osteoporosis and the back fracture is the major concern now.The Rheumatologist wants to administer Prolia injections which has horrific side effects including the possibility of heart failure and death.Yesterday morning Toby had a Cardiac Cat Scan.

She has an appointment with the Cardiologist Monday morning to discuss the findings of the test.

• Like 5