Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, George C said:

Just got our results from Covid test and we are good to cruise, will be in 20’s tomorrow morning when we fly to Miami. Ready to start packing, I think I will take my iPad so I can post. After cruise we will go to Ft Myer to attend my nieces wedding.

Great to hear you are good to go for your special cruise...enjoy all of the musical entertainment on board!  Have a great time at your niece's wedding!

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

MRI results were not quite what we wanted.  Some new lesions found on the liver, waiting for message from doctor.🤞🙏

Positive thoughts for you and Charlie, Marietta!🙏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Akbar did not show his good side on the Amazing Race at all and I was not a fan of his either.  I had forgot that he was the principal of a high school in NJ which is in a really tough area.  He considers all the students his kids and has done a lot for the community.  He was on Ellen originally because he had put in a free laundromat at the HS for the kids.  He gave him $100K which he has now used to put a farm in that all the food goes to the families and they also make hot sauce from the vegetables that they sell and the kids involved get the royalties.  He has helped many other schools set up farms too.  It is nice to see he really is a good guy.

As an Educator residing in NJ he should have a command of the English language.As a resident of NJ he should know that Staten Island is in New York City.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The only thing that I, personally, can't get my head around is -- seeing the women wrapped from toes to head in black, only showing their eyes, and the men -- wearing just a tee shirt, light trousers [free from any "constrains"] -- in such a hot climate. My gender-equality mind can't accept it....

I can't wrap my head around this either. Although in the antique shop we are in there was a dealer from that region. His wife wore pants but she did wear a small scarf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

When we did Rome a few years ago would have loved that it was so hot in Vatican and you needed to wear long pants etc, someone we meet on roll call had those.

My son-in-law didn’t believe my daughter when she told him he had to wear long pants in St Peter’s Basilica. 
He was turned away, and their kids were upset and were afraid to leave him outside. They thought he’d get lost!

So they decided to just wander and they found a man selling paper slacks and paper blouses. 
So Jon wore paper pants over his walking shorts and gave them away as they were leaving. 
That vendor probably drives a Mercedes to work. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, mets07 said:

We were back at the Chart House restaurant in Weehawken, New Jersey this evening.  Beautiful views of Manhattan. 

We got to see the  NCL Gem coming into Port. We are assuming they came in early due to high winds expected tonight. 

20220217_175525.jpg

20220217_200614.jpg

20220217_181409.jpg

Does anyone notice what they’re eating?

Or even carry on a conversation?

That is a fantastic view!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

My son-in-law didn’t believe my daughter when she told him he had to wear long pants in St Peter’s Basilica. 
He was turned away, and their kids were upset and were afraid to leave him outside. They thought he’d get lost!

So they decided to just wander and they found a man selling paper slacks and paper blouses. 
So Jon wore paper pants over his walking shorts and gave them away as they were leaving. 
That vendor probably drives a Mercedes to work. 

I was with a cousin once at St Peter's. She was wearing a holter top and they would not let her in. Someone was selling plastic garbage bags with a hole in the bottom for people's heads to go through. I thought it very odd that she could not enter wearing a holter top but wearing a garbage bag was perfectly acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Does anyone notice what they’re eating?

Or even carry on a conversation?

That is a fantastic view!

Even for me as a New York native and having been coming to this restaurant for approximately 20 years, it is beautiful every time!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I am so far behind here, I need to go back 20 pages to get caught up. 

Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean has found a new way to get me to book more cruises.  This just came in today’s mail. 

468ACC58-A4C4-47BE-8D22-4C01952EEED5.thumb.jpeg.8a487473f782817298514208b31f786e.jpeg

The problem is, it was supposed to be Oasis.  The one cruise we had booked on Ovation, Royal canceled on us. Now my wife says we have to book Ovation, since we can’t have a block for a ship we haven’t sailed.  

That's too bad. The earlier blocks were much more detailed. Yours doesn't seem to show the Northstar or the pandas. It must be their new vendor. :classic_sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear you were negative😍

So what did you think of the nose tickle?   

We have Covid tests out the wazoo here at our house.    Last week we received our 4 from the government, end of January our County health dept was giving out 4 kits per car via a drive thru at local park and I still have 2 or 3 of the proctored test kits from emed.    

Anyone need a test kit?

We got our government cheese today.  It was 20 degrees and they were in the mailbox for 6 hours.  I am thinking, that they are bad, since they are not supposed to freeze.  Another successful day for the government!!!!  They are so awesome, and do so much for all of us.  😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

We got our government cheese today.  It was 20 degrees and they were in the mailbox for 6 hours.  I am thinking, that they are bad, since they are not supposed to freeze.  Another successful day for the government!!!!  They are so awesome, and do so much for all of us.  😇

Well, they didn't just come randomly. You had to have ordered them. It is not the government's fault that they sat in your mailbox. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

We were back at the Chart House restaurant in Weehawken, New Jersey this evening.  Beautiful views of Manhattan. 

We got to see the  NCL Gem coming into Port. We are assuming they came in early due to high winds expected tonight. 

20220217_175525.jpg

20220217_200614.jpg

20220217_181409.jpg

By far my favorite port to sail from and to return to is NYC , remember staying awake all night on my return to see New York skyline and also Statue of Liberty. Miss the days when I could just take a taxi to the ship . Great pictures.

• Like 7

The walk starts at Milsons Point Station which is the first train station as you head north from the city over the harbour bridge.  (Alternatively, you can walk across the Harbour Bridge from the CBD to Milsons Point Station). On exciting the Station, you walk down to the harbour’s edge for glorious views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Passed this Emu & baby sculpture that a resident had in their front garden.  

CD46CA8D-3742-4D65-B235-DFFFAC504867.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 10

Adjacent to Milson’s Park is the Ensemble Theatre which DH & I frequent regularly to see plays including those by Australia’s most prolific playwright David Williamson.  The street leading up to the theatre is one of the most instagrammable ones in Sydney in  due to its avenue of Jacaranda trees with their purple flowers that bloom in November. The park is on the waterfront and quite pretty.

CD1B244C-F344-47AC-A885-0FFAACCE2387.jpeg

5EF9799E-374F-4CD5-8C18-308E677502F5.jpeg

EE120071-8B3E-43EB-AC99-958F163B797A.jpeg

F006EDEB-7A75-4FBD-9DDA-D3778C1D1974.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8