Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Thankful we don’t live in a flood prone area.  Thoughts are with those in South East Queensland, and in NSW in Lismore, Ballina and surrounding areas who have lost homes, businesses and livestock in these devastating floods. And to the families of those who have perished in Lismore.  Thankful that the weather system in Sydney yesterday whilst heavy all day  wasn’t as devastating as predicted although there are currently many evacuations and road closures here.  A reprieve from the incessant rain this morning but it won’t be for long.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.  Spent the entire day and part of last night in the ER.  Charlie’s arm was hurting and he couldn’t do much with it.  They said he has fluid on the elbow so they are doing MRIs, cat scans etc.  The doctor called me at midnight, scaring me half to death, going over things.  She said he has pneumonia also.  I am on my way there now, he is still in the ER.  I need to speak to the doctor as Charlie says he doesn’t have pneumonia but he is also drugged up.  Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

Sorry to hear about Charlie.Praying that he gets better very soon.

• Thanks 1

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.  Spent the entire day and part of last night in the ER.  Charlie’s arm was hurting and he couldn’t do much with it.  They said he has fluid on the elbow so they are doing MRIs, cat scans etc.  The doctor called me at midnight, scaring me half to death, going over things.  She said he has pneumonia also.  I am on my way there now, he is still in the ER.  I need to speak to the doctor as Charlie says he doesn’t have pneumonia but he is also drugged up.  Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

Sorry to read this. Keeping you both in my thoughts. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Post op appointment with my surgeon went good. He thought everything was progressing great and the X-rays looked like everything is aligned and looking good. Here is my new bionic knee.

4338D2FE-C2D2-4AF2-B3AD-B35719738B07.thumb.jpeg.9ce00e8746c46165731579743923f919.jpeg

530CAC28-9DF8-4089-B4B6-8E5760E53707.thumb.jpeg.97df7c658cd6cd7d4ef7da475a8aea31.jpeg

Took the surgery bandage off and released me from having to wear compression stockings. Yeah!!! Not going to win any sexy legs competitions but that’s ok. Continue therapy for another 6 weeks and start to wean myself off the pain meds. Things are getting better. Now off to therapy this afternoon.

Looking good Greg! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

From me too, know what you are going through.

I have had a pressure ulcer on my backside for awhile.Toby has been treating it but it is so painful now that I can barely lie on my back or sit on anything.I am going to the Wound Center at a hospital on Friday morning.

I have this because I am in bed so much of the day,normally 21 hours.

Tomorrow morning I am going to my Neurologist .He has wanted to put me on a heavy duty medication but I have been resisting because of side effects but the pain in my back and legs has been so severe that I have no choice.

Yesterday I went to a Physiatrist who will work with my Neurologist ,My Pain Management Doctor and my Primary Care Doctor to hopefully find something to help me.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thankful we don’t live in a flood prone area.  Thoughts are with those in South East Queensland, and in NSW in Lismore, Ballina and surrounding areas who have lost homes, businesses and livestock in these devastating floods. And to the families of those who have perished in Lismore.

I saw some of those photos of the flooding.  Hopefully the area gets some relief soon. 

• Thanks 1

Okay, sorry to be a downer but we need your prayers again.

Thanks for all your support, it is very appreciated.🤞🙏

Marietta, Sending prayers for you and Charlie. Rest assured that this entire CC Family is here for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I assume the drinking can’t start until you are off the pain meds.  If so, I will have a couple for you next week.   By the way, where did you and OB find the best expresso martini with Baileys?   I need to try one of those.  I am also eying up an El Toro, and a Dublin Iced Tea at the Bow and Stern.  I didn’t see either of those on your list.

Please have more than a couple for me. I’m so far behind. I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

After I had my hip done it was quite awhile before alcohol tasted good again.  I was worried they took away my alcohol gene!!!

I’m worried about that too. So far I haven’t even had the urge to drink. Seems like I’m either groggy or sleepy all  the time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You can't drink all day long unless you start at breakfast. 🥂 😁

My wife normally gets a glass of champagne with breakfast on cruises, but this year she waited until breakfast was over to have her champagne in suite lounge .

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Thankful we don’t live in a flood prone area.

Aussie, we had neighbors who decided that life in Israel is too harsh, and, having a daughter physician in Australia, they got "permanent residency" and left us for Brisbane.

We all envied them the possibility to have a better and quieter life.... I think they were not even 2 weeks in Brisbane, and all the fires started (think ~2011).

Then, again, we befriended a nice couple from Australia in Dec. 2018 on a Vietnam cruise. Again, fires not long after that.

And flooding. It seems your country is blessed, and sometimes -- not so blessed 😢

Glad you're not in the harm way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have had a pressure ulcer on my backside for awhile.Toby has been treating it but it is so painful now that I can barely lie on my back or sit on anything.I am going to the Wound Center at a hospital on Friday morning.

Tomorrow morning I am going to my Neurologist .He has wanted to put me on a heavy duty medication but I have been resisting because of side effects but the pain in my back and legs has been so severe that I have no choice.

Yesterday I went to a Physiatrist who will work with my Neurologist ,My Pain Management Doctor and my Primary Care Doctor to hopefully find something to help me.

Praying for you Lenny.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 and best wishes Lenny that a pain solution can be found for you.

Paulines late mam had a bad bed sore and Pauline put a high quality strength Manuka honey on the sore and it cleared up.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sending our prayers 🙏 and best wishes Lenny that a pain solution can be found for you.

Paulines late mam had a bad bed sore and Pauline put a high quality strength Manuka honey on the sore and it cleared up.

Graham.

Graham, I was also going to mention colloidal Silver and Mauka Honey of high strength. Good for burns as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We made all our scheduled stops: Princess Cays, St Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire and Curacao.

Princess Cays was beautiful, but not my favorite private island. I like Coco Cay for a lot of reasons (stepping out of the ship straight on the dock, food, things to do or not do, cleanliness etc). I love Half Moon Cay (piece of paradise, water is sooooo nice), I like Labadee, I love Grand Turk.

On St Thomas, we went to Sapphire Beach, then downtown. I felt like I was in Cape May. LOL! Tons of vacationeers from mainland US of A. Weather was lovely and we had a good relaxing time. We were docked at Haven sight. Only ship in port that day, so it was quieter than a normal St Thomas port day. Many stores at Havensight have moved to other areas, consolidated with other branches or closed. Some businesses said that they just couldn't keep up with maintaining two or ore stores, keeping inventory, employees, etc.

Dominica was not a free flow port so we booked with princess. We did Cooking With Daria. There were 8 people booked on this excursion. Enjoyed this a lot and highly recommend it. We were docked at their other port this time. Easy walk off the pier, bit more developed and a less crowded area, but a walk or trolley ride to downtown.

Grenada was also not a free flow port, so either a cruise excursion or government approved tour/cab was required. We chose to go with a government approved cab. It was jus tyour party (the two of us) in a van. We went to Mourne Rouge Beach and the cab picked us up when we wanted to leave. They had a help desk for cruise passengers who wanted to do this option. Several tours were being offered or just taxi rides. Mourne Rouge Beach reminded me a bit of Cane Island in Tortola. It was very nice and mostly secluded. The other end of the beach is where the a ship's excursion boat brought people.  We had Roti with Chicken Curry at the local cafe on the beach. Really yummy. There were lots of tourists in town, mostly staying on the island. And I mean LOTS. Tourism business seemed to be booming. We just had till 1.30 pm. Wish we had more time to stay longer.

Bonaire was just a walk in town day and visit the parrot fish along the dock. The ship was in port till 8 pm, so we decided to have supper at Cuba Compagnie in the main square. Great food and great ambiance. Several good restaurants there, but most of them do not open till 6 pm for dinner and were booked solid. Lots of tourist families from all over. It also looks like Bonaire is leaning towards "culinary" tourism.

We booked a day pass at the Marriott in Curacao. It included a meal and a drink, use of facilities, which were very good. Had been there before they had closed down for renovations. Enjoyed the beach and the pool.

Sounds like you had a wonderful cruise🤩   I have never been to Dominica yet.   I will save your recommendation for the Cooking with Daria, that sounds fun!

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That looks good Greg.  Keep up with the PT.

I don’t think they are doing sexy legs at the moment.  I won that competition on one of our cruises, but I had an in with a couple of the judges.  

I assume the drinking can’t start until you are off the pain meds.  If so, I will have a couple for you next week.   By the way, where did you and OB find the best expresso martini with Baileys?   I need to try one of those.  I am also eying up an El Toro, and a Dublin Iced Tea at the Bow and Stern.  I didn’t see either of those on your list.

Safe travels tomorrow.    Which ship will be you be sailing on?

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Safe travels tomorrow.    Which ship will be you be sailing on?

Allure on Saturday for 8 days.  I kind of like the 8 day itineraries they are doing on some of the ships.  Nassau, St.  Maarten, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts & Nevis for this one.  Then we will be back on her in 70 days for another 8 day.

Of course, that all depends on us being negative tomorrow.  Otherwise, we will have a couple weeks in Florida.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Please have more than a couple for me. I’m so far behind. I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

I’m worried about that too. So far I haven’t even had the urge to drink. Seems like I’m either groggy or sleepy all  the time.

It eventually came back!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Allure on Saturday for 8 days.  I kind of like the 8 day itineraries they are doing on some of the ships.  Nassau, St.  Maarten, St. Thomas, and St. Kitts & Nevis for this one.  Then we will be back on her in 70 days for another 8 day.

Of course, that all depends on us being negative tomorrow.  Otherwise, we will have a couple weeks in Florida.

8 nights is always better than 7 nights 😄   Good luck with your tests!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is the itinerary I did a month ago. The one I have coming up in April is Labadee, San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten,  and Nassau.

I really like 8 days over 7. The extra day seems to make such a difference.

• Like 7