Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I'm surprised at the prices of the Porsche 914 & 924. I was always under the impression that enthusiasts do not consider them "true" Porsches. 

Then again, yesterday's failure could be today's success. 

A few final pics from today that I thought were interesting.  The new Hummer EV was there.  It has speakers built into the tail gate.  Very practical idea.

IMG_8295.thumb.JPG.f284ed6eb2fabb01d77c5e550b2ac4ee.JPG

This car was driven from NY to LA in a record 25 hours, 39 minutes.  Their average speed was 112 mph and their top speed was 175 mph.  They used multiple "police countermeasures" to avoid speeding tickets.

IMG_8353.thumb.JPG.b786fb5bbc4895a6a7df114daab1f32f.JPG

And finally, no car show would be complete without a Batmobile:

IMG_8351.thumb.JPG.e87a478cc715a39b67f39f82e76e079a.JPG

More tomorrow.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm surprised at the prices of the Porsche 914 & 924. I was always under the impression that enthusiasts do not consider them "true" Porsches. 

Then again, yesterday's failure could be today's success. 

I drove a 914 for a few days.  Not fun to drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I find it ridiculous that some hospitals charge to watch tv.  I dont blame him for being upset.  Also hate to pay to park at hospital garages.  Some arent cheap!

There are at least 2 hospitals in Brooklyn that have never had parking lots.I spent many nights driving for hours before finding parking and a few times during snow and rain.

• Like 2

OK...one more.  We saw a couple versions of a car that we agreed was every teen aged boy's dream growing up in the 70s/80s.  The Lamborghini Countach from Cannonball Run fame.  I bet that more than one boy had a poster of a Countach on his wall, right next to his poster of Farrah Fawcett. 😁

IMG_8336.thumb.JPG.468287eb33df6776dcd2dccc839a1d7a.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

He has to pay to watch TV in the hospital? :classic_dry: I have never heard of such a thing!

Every NYC and NYC suburbs charges to watch TV in hospitals .It has been that way for as long as I can remember.There is also a limitation on the channels and the reception is usually lousy.

• Like 2

So today we went to look at the different  displays of new and classy cars  at the Cleveland car show.  I am sure in a few years I’m going to downsize from my SUV ( Equinox). 

I kinda like this little car. 

4D2DA08F-AECB-49B5-9689-48D1C5092939.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

This reminds me of the daughter of a family that decided to hang some wet clothes from the sprinkler head in the cabin. Needless to say, she broke the glass bulb setting off the system. She completely flooded the cabin destroying multiple items and the carpeting out into the hallway. If I remember correctly, they were fined an extreme amount of money for the damage that was caused.

I wonder if she's the reason they have the "no hangers" stickers on the ceiling next to the sprinkler heads these days?  LOL

Nice thing about my hooks is I can position them anywhere I want... along the edges of the room, or by the air vent or my little desk fan.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Sea Dog I forgot to mention, but you may want to get use to traveling with a copy of your x- rays. 

After my parents had their metal parts inserted, the always set off the metal detectors at the airport.  They found it handy to have a copy. 

Metal body parts are way too common these days, security staff are used to this situation.

There's no benefit to having copies of your x-rays (or a note from your doctor) because those could easily be forged.  Whether you have "documentation" or not, you'll still get pulled aside for a pat-down and/or wanding.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So ridiculous you had to even go through that. I’m sure you didn’t have the look of a terrorist. 

You should see what all they go through with my amputee friend in a wheelchair.  We decided that next time we're going to bring a bottle of lube to offer the TSA agent to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So ridiculous you had to even go through that. I’m sure you didn’t have the look of a terrorist. 

You got that right! 

The two little old ladies who blew up two Russian passenger planes prior to 9/11 didn’t look like terrorists, either. 
They were each just little old grandmothers with radios in their checked luggage. 
I think about them every time I get irritated about security. 
In Calgary, I was pulled aside and my daughter didn’t realize it and kept going. 
She panicked thinking I fell over dead along the way. 
When we found each other and she asked what happened, I told her had an opportunity to have a foot massage and took it. 
She chewed me out and I had a hard time convincing her I had no choice. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just back from the hospital.  Charlie’s white count is still too high so they are continuing IV antibiotics.  He is not a happy camper😢 The topper was the TV people shut off his TV and when he called to get it back they made him crazy trying to get the credit card number which he had already given twice….

Whoa! They charge for tv?

They did  that here many years ago, but I guess somebody decided the astronomical charges for hospital stays should include free tv. 
No charge for tv or phone, and there are ports built into the beds to charge your cell or other electronics. 
No charge for parking at any of our local hospitals. 
Now if they’d work in the food  in the one closest to me…

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 3

On 3/4/2022 at 3:11 PM, Jimbo said:

Birthday Bone-In Ribeye for Lunch at Texas Roadhouse Christianburg,Va

20220304_133546.jpg

Happy Birthday Jimbo.

On 3/4/2022 at 6:43 PM, Ocean Boy said:

So different from anything I saw on Allure.

Unfortunately the WJ didn’t have all of the fancy stuff today. It was the typical,WJ food.

On 3/4/2022 at 8:58 PM, BonTexasNY said:

@ReneeFLL OMG I am salivating just from the shrimp and lobster pictures.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Bonnie.

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just back from the hospital.  Charlie’s white count is still too high so they are continuing IV antibiotics.  He is not a happy camper😢 The topper was the TV people shut off his TV and when he called to get it back they made him crazy trying to get the credit card number which he had already given twice….

They charge for tv? Sorry to hear about Charlie’s white cell count.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from Dee Why Beach on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.  Beach closed due to swell.  2nd photo is the rock pool that swimmers usually do laps in.  Not this week.  Grabbed a few photos before the heavy rain set in (again).

954833AB-A5C5-47A5-B368-FDCBB379DA8D.jpeg

BDBA1B1B-5469-4801-92E0-EF498B3AEFEF.png

7F5B6ACF-7A4C-40B7-A88E-573CF9429E32.jpeg

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good morning from Dee Why Beach on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.  Beach closed due to swell.  2nd photo is the rock pool that swimmers usually do laps in.  Not this week.  Grabbed a few photos before the heavy rain set in (again).

BDBA1B1B-5469-4801-92E0-EF498B3AEFEF.png

Wow. Wicked waves. I do love watching and listening to them. 

• Like 3

Good Sunday morning.  It is 74°, but windy in Nassau today.  

Not a sunrise photo, but this will have to do this morning.  

5400B2A6-A7DD-4201-8EFA-2849D0AAA796.thumb.jpeg.0cdd7e6022c7ccb766748df6f13b2fa0.jpeg

76614D3B-4F4F-4A2B-B7D6-BF02AB39750B.thumb.jpeg.41c7e7ed008c4cd2e2343537ad4dd260.jpeg

Found out that one of our table mates last night, shares a birthday with me today.  I didn’t feel old until I saw the number on a card I got before we left home.  

Anyhow, I was having a discussion with Susan about age.  I told her my scale was young 0-35; middle age 35-70; and old 70-105.  Of course I break down old into subcategories of young, mid, and old.  At least that works for me. 

So now that I am young old, Social Security is giving me a 400% raise.  

When Susan asked what we would do with the extra, I voted for a cruise a month.  😀

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Found out that one of our table mates last night, shares a birthday with me today.  

So now that I am young old, Social Security is giving me a 400% raise.  

To the "young old" Mark, wishing you many happy returns (to cruising, mainly, every month 😁)

• Like 2