Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The drink looks great. It’s been awhile since we cruised Mariner.  I wonder if it would be easier to find you on Mariner than it was for me to find you on Harmony. 😂 Have a great cruise Ellen.

Ha ha. Yes it would be easier to find me. There is still no sitting at the bar in playmakers or boleros which makes it harder to meet people .  Harder to meet people sitting at a table by yourself instead of at the bar. Oh well

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sorry if I'm missing Birthdays, Anniversaries or other important events.   I have been skimming through to stay caught up as best as possible. 

I Hope everyone is doing Great

Keeping up with this thread is hard enough. Trying to do it while on a cruise is even harder.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

FB_IMG_1648033584785.jpg.b37802a3fb52767e89d1b3e074def69e.jpg

So true.  We have Rocco the dog between us as close to my husband as possible.  Above him is Elmer the cat who is also as close to my husband as possible.   Snuggled up to me on the other side is Storm the cat and sometimes Samantha comes up at the bottom of bed.  She is still very active at night so too busy to spend the whole night in bed.  Glad we have a king!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

There is still a sign that says Library unavailable but there was about 1/2 dozens books, some puzzles and magazines in one cabinet.   

I told Dick he’d better pack his tablet and a charger because he can’t depend on finding books in the library. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

So true.  We have Rocco the dog between us as close to my husband as possible.  Above him is Elmer the cat who is also as close to my husband as possible.   Snuggled up to me on the other side is Storm the cat and sometimes Samantha comes up at the bottom of bed.  She is still very active at night so too busy to spend the whole night in bed.  Glad we have a king!

I toss and turn at night so cats leave my side of the bed alone so the other side has my wife and our cats . 

• Like 5

On 3/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, Sea Dog said:

I hope it works well for you. My wife Linda has the same issues. She has had the RFA which did give her relief. Now she has another area that got treated yesterday as a nerve block. Is that the same thing as a spinal block? They put her under for it. They said it should take several days to kick in. I hope it works as she has been miserable in pain.

Back pain is the worst, after RFA it can take up to a week to get pain relief. I am so sorry she is going thru this.

I have actually almost totally lost the ability to walk because of my back.

The nerve block is just a injection in my spine (it’s not the RFA) it’s done 2 times.

If this reduces my pain by 50% for 2 weeks, they do it a second time. If I get the same results then they do the RFA.

The RFA is where a needle is guided into my spine, and they burn part of the nerve that carry’s the pain signal from her back to her brain.

Yes based on what I have read some Dr put you completely under, but some do conscious sedation so you can answer their questions during the procedure.

I hope it works out for your wife, will keep her in my thoughts.

Edited by Maitaivegas
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

I clicked on it, downloaded it, but it looks like the content didn’t go through. 
But I’m on my iPhone. Maybe it works on a real computer, not a baby one. 

Sorry,    I passed by my IT BFF this morning but didn't have my phone with me.   We just arrived at CocoCay, off to have fun but will try to connect with my IT guy tonight.    

I have been taking lots of photos so hopefully he will fix it so I can upload everything soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm sorry if I'm missing Birthdays, Anniversaries or other important events.   I have been skimming through to stay caught up as best as possible. 

I hear you.  I’m here daily and it’s hard to do some days. 

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Keeping up with this thread is hard enough. Trying to do it while on a cruise is even harder.

I could only wish. 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I hope her new chance of a long happy life is a total success. 
Medicine and surgery have made huge strides just in our lifetimes. 

Hopefully it will continue to do so and eventually eradicate serious illnesses that too many of us deal with.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

63°F and sunny here in North East England.

I was doing sales calls this morning but home now relaxing.

I hope everyone is well and having a great day.

It’s just above freaking here with rain/freezing rain. I’ve been busy doing paper work and watching the robins going after frozen worms. I might just have to warm up with a hot chocolate. 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My grandkids live 4 minutes from me.They are teenagers and on the days they do not see me they call or FaceTime .

The 4 Grandkids at Cousin Camp  just FaceTime and sang Happy Birthday!  So cute.  And I got a video text from Kenzie trying to say Happy Birthday Gpa.  She got Gpa out pretty good 😊.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The 4 Grandkids at Cousin Camp  just FaceTime and sang Happy Birthday!  So cute.  And I got a video text from Kenzie trying to say Happy Birthday Gpa.  She got Gpa out pretty good 😊.

That is adorable.It makes you feel great I am sure.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

Ha ha. Yes it would be easier to find me. There is still no sitting at the bar in playmakers or boleros which makes it harder to meet people .  Harder to meet people sitting at a table by yourself instead of at the bar. Oh well

I love sitting at that bar for precisely that reason. I enjoy meeting new people and talking with them. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Maitaivegas said:

Back pain is the worst, after RFA it can take up to a week to get pain relief. I am so sorry she is going thru this.

I have actually almost totally lost the ability to walk because of my back.

The nerve block is just a injection in my spine (it’s not the RFA) it’s done 2 times.

If this reduces my pain by 50% for 2 weeks, they do it a second time. If I get the same results then they do the RFA.

The RFA is where a needle is guided into my spine, and they burn part of the nerve that carry’s the pain signal from her back to her brain.

Yes based on what I have read some Dr put you completely under, but some do conscious sedation so you can answer their questions during the procedure.

I hope it works out for your wife, will keep her in my thoughts.

She has had both. RFA was on one side this recent nerve block was done on the another. I hope it gives her some relief. Thank you for your comments.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love sitting at that bar for precisely that reason. I enjoy meeting new people and talking with them. 

That’s what I use the hot tubs for.  Plus, it was nice we could be seated with others in the MDR last cruise. 

• Like 2