Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@sunshine3601 sounds nasty. Hope the swelling goes down soon.  Bet you will be all colours of the rainbow though.

For reasons unknown, my DH decided to invite his brother and family over the day after I came out of hospital for skin cancer removal on my face.  I looked a absolute fright. Guess it was a good way to drill  skin cancer awareness in to his nieces.

I like the way you think - I will now enjoy being all colours of the rainbow😍 

Years ago one of my bosses wife had plastic surgery and I had to drop by their house the day after her surgery to take some papers, etc to my boss who was working from home after seeing how she looked I will never get cosmetic plastic surgery for the sake of vanity.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We've spent the last couple of days in a kibbutz, in the north, at the invitation of our DIL's family. They are a very close-knit family, and used to travel together as 3 generations. We were wary to feel like "intruders", but accepted mainly for the opportunity to spend quality time with our grandkids and our son. The accommodations were very basic, and cheap also. We didn't participate in all their activities, but it was still fun, with the men being on the "grill" and the women taking care of the other food.

The grandkids were in awe of the resident peacock, which didn't hesitate to turn his "back" to DH, after flaunting its glorious tail to have its pic taken...

image.thumb.jpeg.67c4181a9a634d0e56ea667c422474d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b09783c98ff51b22e55d2f398393902e.jpeg

A very special tree.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a7a9a0ef14386f0ea187e5869babfbd.jpeg

We have been blessed with a rainy winter, and the north is very green, not something we've seen in many years.

image.thumb.jpeg.225a8ce0d59e05d7140ac5b7f46c56b1.jpeg 
image.thumb.jpeg.fa1f1a2a0721ab9cda1986f1e79e2ca4.jpeg

Gorgeous Peacock and the lush landscape is very peaceful and calming.   What type of tree is that - I like it!     

That is very nice of your DIL's to include you as you are part of their family now.    Sounds like a wonderful couple of days.

Sameach Pesach!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We've spent the last couple of days in a kibbutz, in the north, at the invitation of our DIL's family. They are a very close-knit family, and used to travel together as 3 generations. We were wary to feel like "intruders", but accepted mainly for the opportunity to spend quality time with our grandkids and our son. The accommodations were very basic, and cheap also. We didn't participate in all their activities, but it was still fun, with the men being on the "grill" and the women taking care of the other food.

The grandkids were in awe of the resident peacock, which didn't hesitate to turn his "back" to DH, after flaunting its glorious tail to have its pic taken...

image.thumb.jpeg.67c4181a9a634d0e56ea667c422474d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b09783c98ff51b22e55d2f398393902e.jpeg

A very special tree.

image.thumb.jpeg.1a7a9a0ef14386f0ea187e5869babfbd.jpeg

We have been blessed with a rainy winter, and the north is very green, not something we've seen in many years.

image.thumb.jpeg.225a8ce0d59e05d7140ac5b7f46c56b1.jpeg 
image.thumb.jpeg.fa1f1a2a0721ab9cda1986f1e79e2ca4.jpeg

The sandals resort we like to stay at in Jamaica has dozens of peacocks roaming the grounds , one was about to enter our room before I closed the door.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely photos @dani negreanu. Must have been lovely to spend quality time with your grandsons (& son).  Is that a boab tree?

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous Peacock and the lush landscape is very peaceful and calming.   What type of tree is that - I like it!     

That is very nice of your DIL's to include you as you are part of their family now.    Sounds like a wonderful couple of days.

Sameach Pesach!

Pesach sameach to you too !!

I'm ashamed to admit that the whole gang didn't even notice the tree... that is, besides DH, who is always looking for objects to take pictures of. I didn't even know that we have baobabs in Israel. So when you both asked, I've typed "baobabs in Gonen" [the kibbutz's name] and lo and behold -- found a review in TripAdvisor by someone from India, no less, acknowledging the tree, which was right in front of DS2's "cottage"....

"....The best part of my stay in Israel was at Kibbutz [Nofey] Gonen. Loved every bit of it.. the peacocks roaming in gay abandon, the beautiful greenery, the baobab tree in front of my cottage no 45..   it's a place where I can spend endless time doing nothing. The reception and canteen was barely 50 m away, their kitchen is strictly kosher, there's WiFi only in the reception lobby."

• Like 12

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Everything  Alton Brown cooks is amazing. I have been a big fan of his from the early days of Good  Eats. My recipe that I use and like is this one. 
https://showmetheyummy.com/fluffy-chocolate-chip-cookies-recipe/

except I substitute crud I for butter and I shift the flour and refrigerate the dough over night.

I just love Kraken and think it is wonderful in any rum based cocktail.

Glad you like it. I pretty much order any rum drink with Kraken or have  the bartender top the drink off with a shot of Kraken. Cheers!

You've got quite a following with the Kraken Rum, Greg!  I love it.  Thank you!

15 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Overlooking the Ford Bridge, one of the bridges that connects Minneapolis to St. Paul. 

20220411_143916.jpg

Beautiful pictures, Nancy!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

We get a Ghost Pepper and Blueberry BBQ sauce at our farmers market that we love. It's very hot but delicious. 

We will get real Buffalo wings Memorial Day weekend in Buffalo will also get a couple of beef on wick 😁

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You've got quite a following with the Kraken Rum, Greg!  I love it.  Thank you!

Beautiful pictures, Nancy!

I do love good food and good drink. Life’s too short for anything less.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I go for my mohs procedure this afternoon.

Debbie, I hope your mohs procedure went well this afternoon!🥰

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

"I'm in the same boat I’ve always been a tosser and turner". In this boat too... those gummy look good, I'll try and see if available here...

From another "tosser and turner"....I hear you!!

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

But life did get better, and I have and will continue to be their to help others lives get better.  Writing continues to be my outlet and I enjoy sharing my thoughts with others.

". . . . Remember in life there is always something old to be sought and enjoyed; always something new to be found, treasured and shared, thank you for sharing your life with me. . . ."

Sue

Sue, I'm so happy that you found such happiness and fulfillment in your life, and that you had that some one who believed in you enough to change your life.  God Bless you!  Thank you for sharing your life with us!🌹

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

.  When one learns contentment, life is better.

Words to live by, John.  Your Mom taught you well!❤️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Years ago one of my bosses wife had plastic surgery and I had to drop by their house the day after her surgery to take some papers, etc to my boss who was working from home after seeing how she looked I will never get cosmetic plastic surgery for the sake of vanity.

Debbie, I'm sorry that you're obviously hurting right now, but I know that you're happy not only that it's over now, but that it all went well.  Frozen peas do come in handy (We're actually having peas for dinner this evening)🌹  Feel better quickly!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

The sandals resort we like to stay at in Jamaica has dozens of peacocks roaming the grounds , one was about to enter our room before I closed the door.

:classic_biggrin: Sandals resorts definitely sound like a step up from the Club Med we stayed at years ago. There was a space under the door and we kept getting bothered by land crabs coming in and climbing the curtains. They would skitter around on the tile floor.  The lady in the room next to us had a bat in her shower. She chased it out with her hair dryer. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful pictures, Dani.  It sounds like you all had a wonderful time together!

Happy Passover to you and your loving family!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had my Mohs procedure this afternoon.  All went well.    Doc took one scrap and I waited about 45 minutes for him to tell me he got all of it and time to stitch me up.   

I look like hell right now.   My eye is pretty much swollen shut and I have six stitches underneath it.    They put on this huge pressure bandage that has to stay on for 24 hours.     All of this for such a tiny spot that was the size of a tiny skin tag.   Glad that it is removed.    they recommend I put a bag of peas on for 20 minutes every hour today and tomorrow.   Doc and nurse both said I will definitely get a black eye and may be swollen till Saturday or Sunday.      Hopefully it won't look to be bad for when we go out to eat Easter Dinner on Sunday.   I go back in a week to get 3 of the 6 stitches removed the other 3 will dissolve.   

Now we want to see this, with your hair braided too, If Greg can show his knee I'm sure your eye is nothing. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ownedbypets said:

We get a Ghost Pepper and Blueberry BBQ sauce at our farmers market that we love. It's very hot but delicious. 

They all tasted good, even the Pineapple one which surprised me. The Ghost Pepper was the hottest for sure. Used the Air Fryer again for the Wings, came out Great!!

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I went to my HS 40th.reunion.The girl voted prettiest Senior had Plastic Surgery and it did not come out that great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

We will get real Buffalo wings Memorial Day weekend in Buffalo will also get a couple of beef on wick 😁

I’m jealous. We have no current plans to get the real, good stuff. We recently met someone who’s son is married to the daughter of the owners of Bar-Bill (if you can follow that). He claims that Bar-Bill had the best wings. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’m jealous. We have no current plans to get the real, good stuff. We recently met someone who’s son is married to the daughter of the owners of Bar-Bill (if you can follow that). He claims that Bar-Bill had the best wings. 

Bar-Bill is our favorite place to wings and beef on wick, Buffalo QB Josh Allen was quoted that that was his favorite place for wings a couple of years ago and place was crowded even before then. Bar-Bill is located in East Aurora and we will spend 3 nights of our 4 nights there , loads of restaurants in walking distance of our hotel. Made the mistake of ordering there hot wings once, I needed a full beer for each wing , cash only but they have a atm 😁, my wife has a bar-bill T-shirt, they had none my size on last trip will try again. Highly recommend that restaurant.

• Like 4