Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is the recipe you are using for the Rum Punch. I assume you are using Original Kraken?

Kraken 94 proof.  Is that the original?   This is my first bottle of Kraken.  Usually get goslings for dark n stormy but really liking Kraken. Thanks to Greg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Wow even fans running on the field........You are getting it all........

How many actual rows from the field are you, trying to get a picture of you sitting in the seats on my TV...........Looks like only the first 2 rows are showing when the batter is up, are you in rows 3 or 4?

1st row, seats 7/8 to the left behind home. We are just off camera. 

image.thumb.jpg.5e31c5e097ccb520ac5531065ae3ad12.jpg

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric went to bed early since tummy upset from antibiotic.  Tooth still sore and swollen.   Gave him some bland chicken and brown rice for dinner.

Now I sit and drink pitcher of rum punch with Kraken.   Delicious!

Watching last 2 episodes of BD sailing.    

I'm getting tired of Gabby.  Don't like her attitude with Marco at the villa for their day off!

So sorry Eric feels so miserable 🦷.  Hopefully he'll feel better by tomorrow. At least you, Debbie, are feeling no pain! 🍹 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What is the recipe you are using for the Rum Punch. I assume you are using Original Kraken?

No real recipe for rum punch.  Kinda winging it.   I put peach juice, mango juice, some OJ, splashes of lime juice and Kraken into a pitcher then pour into large glass with ice and add splash of Kraken ontop.  

Most make with pineapple juice in the mix but I don't have right now.   I figure pirates winged it so I'll be fine.   It is actually pretty good.  

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

1st row, seats 7/8 to the left behind home. We are just off camera. 

image.thumb.jpg.5e31c5e097ccb520ac5531065ae3ad12.jpg

How many seats away are you from the 2 guys with white shirts? One of the guys has a blue hat on.

Edited by Jimbo

33 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Watching the Phillies game here on Tv. and the Phillies don't even have a stinking base hit yet against the  NY Mets........No-hitter through 8 innings. It's ugly !!

Final no hitter using 5 different pitchers

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Kind of leaning toward Equinox going to Tortola. I've been wanting to go there for a long time. Luckily we don't need to decide anything right away since it will be for October of 2023. I did want to start my researching.

Thanks to all who gave me input.

We did get to Tortola once. I don't remember anything of the island. We did an 8-hour excursion to the Baths that included lunch. The cruise started in San Juan.

A few years ago we were finally able to get back to Tortola on a Royal cruise. However it was replaced by St. Thomas.

Someday....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Current read is a 2022 release fiction book set on an Alaskan Cruise.  They begin the cruise by taking their life jackets to the muster drill.  Do any of the cruise lines still require this? 

I think some of these authors don't do any research.

I read that Feldmann cruising book everyone was talking about. Too many errors to count.

• Like 2

Dani, have you seen that on the Celebrity healthy at sea page for Italy, testing is changed from one day prior to two days. 

Royal Caribbean is still showing one day though, so 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Dani, have you seen that on the Celebrity healthy at sea page for Italy, testing is changed from one day prior to two days. 

Thanks.
Just saw it now (sleepless night again…) and meant to notify you…. Well, for now we cruise with X, don’t mind about RC 😬

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So the exciting news is that I have a new grandkitty.  My daughter just added to her family.  Introductions will be made in June when we visit.  Her name is Luca and here she is!  Oh those eyes!

image.thumb.jpeg.c998e6e58d0836e78f6152b1cd4a4bae.jpeg

Gorgeous big eyes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had an emergency doctors visit today.I woke up with blood coming out of my left eye and the upper lid so large that it nearly covered my eye.It was either to go to the only hospital in town and hope that they have an Opthalmologist there or call my doctor .I opted for the latter.She told me to come to her office right away.When we arrived one of her associates was there .She said my eye was infected and she treated it.Afterward the lab on the premises checked out my eye thoroughly and then my doctor came in.

She prescribed an antibiotic to apply to the eye and warm compresses every four hours.She called me a few minutes ago to see how I am doing.

My eye is so much better .I am going to rest it and stay off line for the rest of the day.I hope everyone is having a good day.

Pleased to hear your eye is a lot better now.

Best wishes Lenny.

Graham.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Hi Sue.

For RC Southampton sailings vaccinated passengers can get the test 2 days before and unvaccinated 1 day before check in.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

My day was busy yesterday, and I didn’t get a chance to check on some of the threads I follow.  So, I woke up to 450 emails of thread posts.  I really need to change how I get notified of posts. 

The strangest thing happened yesterday, on our walk at the lake.  I wish I would have had my phone out of my pocket, so I could have snapped a photo.

As we were walking, two baby wrens took off from the deep grass.  It was obvious they were just learning to fly.  One of them was flying right toward my face, and not veering off from the flight path.  As it gets closer and closer, I step to my right and tilt my head to the right to avoid a collision.  As I did this, my shoulder went up, and it landed on my shoulder and sat there.  Now, I am starting to feel like a pirate, with a parrot substitute.  

It didn’t move until I told Susan to look on my shoulder, and she walked around to that side.  From the strange, but true category of the day.

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

So far a painless morning. Went to bed around 1:30 this morning and got up at 4:30. Walked around a bit and watched us sail into port. It is a rainy day and we sailed in with a lot of lightning flashes. I left my cabin for the last time just before 6:45 and sitting at the gate in the airport by 7:25 for a 9:36 flight. However, after the January fiasco I'll feel better when the flight is up in the air. 

It was a great week on an awesome ship. Couldn't have had better weather once the wind settled down. Every aspect of this sailing, other than still somewhat reduced capacity, was like pre-covid times. The shows are all up and running. Mamma Mia was fantastic. Though some people chose to wear masks, they were few and far between on the ship and the same can be said for the ports of call as well as the airport.

I wish Allure was not destined to be leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Sadly, I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to sail on her again. Sailing from Galveston is a no go for me. Then she is scheduled for 4/3 night sailing from Port Canaveral. I won't do short sailing and don't care for the departure port either. I think this was my eighth time on the ship. I need to check my cruise history on the RCI website.

@ReneeFLLThank you and Mike for the  evenings in the Champagne Lounge. I enjoyed our conversations very much. You are fortunate to have more time aboard.

I'm feeling quite peaceful right now. JetBlue better not do anything to screw that up!😐

• Like 23

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I left my cabin for the last time just before 6:45 and sitting at the gate in the airport by 7:25 for a 9:36 flight

I assume you did a walk off.  We will be walking off after our cruise, since SW moved our flight up by a half hour.  Glad you had a fantastic week, and hope JetBlue comes thru for you. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So far a painless morning. Went to bed around 1:30 this morning and got up at 4:30. Walked around a bit and watched us sail into port. It is a rainy day and we sailed in with a lot of lightning flashes. I left my cabin for the last time just before 6:45 and sitting at the gate in the airport by 7:25 for a 9:36 flight. However, after the January fiasco I'll feel better when the flight is up in the air. 

It was a great week on an awesome ship. Couldn't have had better weather once the wind settled down. Every aspect of this sailing, other than still somewhat reduced capacity, was like pre-covid times. The shows are all up and running. Mamma Mia was fantastic. Though some people chose to wear masks, they were few and far between on the ship and the same can be said for the ports of call as well as the airport.

I wish Allure was not destined to be leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Sadly, I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to sail on her again. Sailing from Galveston is a no go for me. Then she is scheduled for 4/3 night sailing from Port Canaveral. I won't do short sailing and don't care for the departure port either. I think this was my eighth time on the ship. I need to check my cruise history on the RCI website.

@ReneeFLLThank you and Mike for the  evenings in the Champagne Lounge. I enjoyed our conversations very much. You are fortunate to have more time aboard.

I'm feeling quite peaceful right now. JetBlue better not do anything to screw that up!😐

Sounds like you had another great cruise.  Anxiously awaiting your post that you arrived back home safely and on time!

• Like 4

I was headed down memory lane for some time this past week.  One of my college fraternity brothers reached out to me, because he was updating a contact list of all the brothers in the fraternity during the four years I was in college.   It was sad to see how many have passed away, but just looking over the names brought back a lot of memories. 

One of the items he sent was a copy of the Daily Collegian for one of the weeks that listed the names of some brothers he was trying to track down.  Seeing that old student newspaper sent me on a Google search for other issues, and I didn’t realize they were all archived.   Reading some of those old issues, I found them amusing.  According to this ad from one of my college years, Pancake Cottage was really concerned for hungry students.  But those prices….😲

2DED768F-1364-4BA9-8A3E-727E72F22B90.thumb.jpeg.27ef13c97f92cbec769cf3443e6cbf44.jpeg

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I was headed down memory lane for some time this past week.  One of my college fraternity brothers reached out to me, because he was updating a contact list of all the brothers in the fraternity during the four years I was in college.   It was sad to see how many have passed away, but just looking over the names brought back a lot of memories. 

One of the items he sent was a copy of the Daily Collegian for one of the weeks that listed the names of some brothers he was trying to track down.  Seeing that old student newspaper sent me on a Google search for other issues, and I didn’t realize they were all archived.   Reading some of those old issues, I found them amusing.  According to this ad from one of my college years, Pancake Cottage was really concerned for hungry students.  But those prices….😲

2DED768F-1364-4BA9-8A3E-727E72F22B90.thumb.jpeg.27ef13c97f92cbec769cf3443e6cbf44.jpeg

Can't even buy just the cup of coffee for 69 cents now.

• Like 4