Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Thank you.  The kids are only 11 and 7.  The little one doesn’t understand why.  It is hard to tell her when we don’t know😢

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My daughter is 42.  He was 41.  They are required to do an autopsy so we will get answers, hopefully.

So, so sorry to hear this horrific news. Way to young for all involved, they are in the prime years of their lives. 

Whenever someone so much younger than me passes away, I always think of all the things I have done since I was their age. It feel grateful that I had the opportunity for those experiences but it saddens me that they did not get the same chance. 😢

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:21 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

@ReneeFLL Thanks!  

How are you doing today. 

I’m much better thanks. 

On 5/12/2022 at 2:00 PM, NHProud said:

Daughter’s biopsy came back benign. Yay ! 

Husband’s bandage coming off today and first walk outside with PT one week after surgery .  Sutures are dissolvable. 

Be sure to thank caregivers , especially Toby ! ! 

So happy to hear about your daughter’s biopsy and your husbands PT.

On 5/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, Keksie said:

I am too excited to keep the secret but Samantha is getting a little sister in June.  First picture of Annabel:

Annabel.jpeg.bd5aca5ac189d4b57771c835dd7b7525.jpeg

Ong, she is so cute!

On 5/14/2022 at 4:53 PM, h20skibum said:

We have one of the trailer park cabins.  A double wide. One of the CP balconies xxx29.   A table, two chairs, and two loungers.  Not a bad cabin if you don’t mind getting woken up at 4 am with the crew access next door.  

Always awake early, so it hasn’t been a problem for us.  Had the same one when we were on Oasis for two weeks in January. 

Oh no! Do all of the xxx29 cabins have that noise? We had an ocean view balcony for Bella’s cruise, but then changed it to one of those cabins. I’m definitely not an early riser. ,albeit I should change it back if prices haven’t skyrocketed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I guess just questioning why Royal does or doesn't do something is grounds to get your thread deleted on this forum.

It's always a mystery as to why some threads get deleted while others just get locked (but remain readable)  and some will only have the offending posts remove but the thread stays active.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

To my bourbon brother Greg...happy birthday!

Cheers Leo! shared by @littlehappythingz on We Heart It

Thank you Bob! I did have a few glasses.

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sea Dog  HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GREG!!!!  

I hope you had the best day today!!🎂🎈🎁

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We got a call early this morning from our daughter in Brooklyn.  Her husband suffered a cardiac event and she and my husband are now at the hospital.  I am with the kids, doesn’t look good.

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

Marietta I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts will be with you and your daughter's children. I know it's so heartbreaking. We are here for you and wish you peace.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m much better thanks. 

So happy to hear about your daughter’s biopsy and your husbands PT.

Ong, she is so cute!

Oh no! Do all of the xxx29 cabins have that noise? We had an ocean view balcony for Bella’s cruise, but then changed it to one of those cabins. I’m definitely not an early riser. ,albeit I should change it back if prices haven’t skyrocketed.

I don’t know why it is hit or miss with the noise.  I think they may have ice machines in there, because I see cabin stewards going in and out with ice buckets. Maybe it depends on crew schedules, or who knows what.  

Ours on deck 10 this cruise has not been noisy, but deck 11 on Oasis was. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

It's always a mystery as to why some threads get deleted while others just get locked (but remain readable)  and some will only have the offending posts remove but the thread stays active.

Think you have a little more leeway too if you are carrying a set of these:

Royal Blue & Gold Spirit Show Pom-Poms - Walmart.com

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Unfortunately, he passed away.  The family is devastated. 

My daughter is 42.  He was 41.  They are required to do an autopsy so we will get answers, hopefully.

Marietta, So very sorry to hear of this loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

May He Rest In Peace.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

ran into a neighbor once who said her son was so excited to be going to a Rangers game that night.  I asked if he's a sports fan and she said absolutely.  I told her he must love hockey.  She said not as much as baseball.  I asked if the Rangers play many games in Texas.  We finally figured out we were both talking about two completely different teams/sports.  I had no idea Texas had a baseball team!. At least I knew what sport the NJ Rangers play

Texas has a hockey team as well.  The Dallas Stars. Rangers visit once a year to play them.

Fun Fact: The NY Rangers are so named because the teams first owner was a man with the nickname "Tex".  The New York sportswriters - being the witty bunch of writers they are - would refer to the team as "Tex's Rangers"

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Once at work in TX, we had spirit day when the Rangers (baseball, lol) played against the Yankees in the World Series.  I was the only one to show up wearing a Yankees cap.  i was politely told by my boss to please remove it!!  Honest!  Texans are very proud and passionate about their TX sports.  Apparently, I'm not.  And yes, I removed my cap.  I never argue with the person who signs my paychecks.

I went to a Yankee-Astro game in Houston when my step daughter was still living there.  Knowing  how proud and passionate Texans feel about their teams,  I wasn't sure how "good-natured " the ribbing would be when I showed up in my NY Yankee gear. So I hedge my bet by wearing an Yankee t-shirt with Andy Petite name on it. Andy is a hometown hero having grown up in Houston, pitched for the Yankees during their glory years, helping them win 4 World Series in 5 years, then returned to Houston with his family. Pitched a few years with the Houston Astros and is currently actively involved in the community.   More than a few comments started with "Ugh, a Yankee fan....oh wait, he's got an Andy Petite shirt on. Y'all right, we won't give you any s**t", followed by a hearty slap on the back that almost dislocated my shoulder. 😃

In all seriousness, probably one of the more fan friendly ball parks I've ever been to.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

On 5/11/2022 at 4:43 PM, reallyitsmema said:

I took my Mom for a series of MRI scans yesterday and one of them shows a cyst on her spine.  They are doing that scan again tomorrow but with contrast this time.  She has an urgent referral to neurosurgery.  If she finds out she is having surgery next week, I am not sure I want to be so far away just in case there is an issue.

🙏 and 🤞🤞

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

In all seriousness, probably one of the more fan friendly ball parks I've ever been to.

Reason: They are to busy there stealing pitching signs to be disruptive. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2022 at 5:32 PM, bobmacliberty said:

I posted pictures a couple of weeks ago of the raised planting beds that Micheline bought.  They are now fully assembled, filled with dirt, and having plantings in them.  Mostly herbs but also tomatoes, zucchini, a couple of marigolds.  Not sure about the tomatoes and zucchini in fairly small beds but we'll see.  Still learning about what grows in Florida vs what Micheline knew well about Ohio.  We've already seen some signs of squirrel interest, so we put out a fake owl.  Seems to be working.

APC_2786.thumb.JPG.ad83214d14a007599fd198f270a72fc2.JPG

APC_2787.thumb.JPG.63b7b2c065383ff7a0c726e9ffa09b4c.JPG

APC_2788.thumb.JPG.06b9a28d3981367f827ebdff56db60bf.JPG

APC_2790.thumb.JPG.0987cf74e35534832524579a4e004a2b.JPG

We just spent several days pet sitting while our daughter and son-in-law were in Chicago. 
I wandered around on the deck and saw her little garden next to the outdoor part of the summer kitchen. 
I cannot get the planter boxes right side up! I even turned the photo upside down and it still posted upside down!

The grill between the BGE and the pizza oven is an Asada grill. Argentine style which I guess is the latest toy. 
It was a nice little vacation. Dick walked the dog and I enjoyed the cats!

A9C95211-233C-43AD-9EFD-20FBA5464661.jpeg

5784B523-D55F-406E-945A-8C45108CD6B1.jpeg

79F1ECCB-FD14-4D3E-BFF1-63DCA5AD35F6.jpeg

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We just spent several days pet sitting while our daughter and son-in-law were in Chicago. 
I wandered around on the deck and saw her little garden next to the outdoor part of the summer kitchen. 
I cannot get the planter boxes right side up! I even turned the photo upside down and it still posted upside down!

The grill between the BGE and the pizza oven is an Asada grill. Argentine style which I guess is the latest toy. 
It was a nice little vacation. Dick walked the dog and I enjoyed the cats!

A9C95211-233C-43AD-9EFD-20FBA5464661.jpeg

5784B523-D55F-406E-945A-8C45108CD6B1.jpeg

79F1ECCB-FD14-4D3E-BFF1-63DCA5AD35F6.jpeg

I am familiar with carne asada but didn't know there was a special grill to make it.     Interesting.    I will have to look that up online.       So glad the ocean isn't upside down 😁

Enjoy!

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am familiar with carne asada but didn't know there was a special grill to make it.     Interesting.    I will have to look that up online.       So glad the ocean isn't upside down 😁

Enjoy!

The surface of the grill can be raised and lowered to different heights above the coals as a way to adjust the temperature.  Great for searing meat on high heat and then cooking through on lower heat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today is absolutely beautiful - perfect weather.     Sunny, currently 73f (high of 80 expected) with a nice breeze.      I was able to plant the flowers I picked up the other day and will have to go back out on another mission for more flowers - have 3 more planters to fill.     Looks like I need to pick up 2 more cucumbers and a couple herbs (oregano, thyme and parsley) that do not look they are coming back this year.   

Basil, Dill, Catnip, Mint leaves all looking great! 

One of my Butterfly Bushes is really leaning on it's side so Eric stake and support it.    Not sure how that happened maybe snow during the winter weighed it down and it never bounced back up.    

So happy that all my flowers in the ground / beds are perennials so much easier when I just have to plant flower pots.    

All the mulch bags are down so time to pick up more mulch and get the extra propane tank for grill refilled.       Eric is marinating a london broil for dinner.   

Maybe it is good that we are slow at work since I have all this other stuff to do😁

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I flipped it for you.  They deserve to be seen right side up.  Thought I could just rotate and save but tried that several different ways and it still ended up upside down here just like you.  I finally rotated and saved as a .png file rather than a .jpg file.  That worked.  Don't know why.

5784B523-D55F-406E-945A-8C45108CD6B1.jpeg.1c53c236d1718f760e4519eeed0c6edc.thumb.png.17185a787d6e05eeb0da65f28c07015c.png

• Like 5