Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have no words. I am angry I am heartbroken. I'm tired of the same thing. I want change.

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Greg, if you mean what happened in the Texas school, I'm with you, and as angry and heartbroken as you. 😢

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

It is so sad.Why are these young boys going to these extremes?

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Such a horrible, disgusting, senseless tragedy.     Not sure we will have understand. 

Very sad and so scary for the children to witness such violence.    Those poor babies will be traumatized.

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

If everyone’s family was like the extended family we have here, the world would be a much better place!

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I'm angered and my heart aches for the families in TX who now have to bury their precious children as well as the others whose lives were cut down by this senseless tragedy.  Unimaginable.

14 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We now as a group, aka family have to yet deal with another heartbreaking travesty with the loss of such young lives as well as their teacher.

I can only hope and pray that one day soon, we can all live in a world that shows respect for human life.

All of the above💔  Innocence lost, innocents taken .  God help all of the families and community as they try to deal with their loss.  🙏

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NHProud said:

Dani , I read that a cruiser’s  itinerary was diverted from Jerusalem .  That is a disappointing situation.

That's weird. Absolutely no reason to divert. Is it a one off, or all the Holy Land cruises are now diverted?

You must be so excited. Are you really meeting up with the captain on Beyond ? You are par excellence an extraordinary planner and organizer . 

Thank you, Judy. I'm excited, mingled, of course, with worry about the Covid test.

I’m corresponding with the captain on Whatsapp, but not expecting any meeting, though I, of course, will be more than happy to.

It's up to her, and she is somewhat "all over the place…."

I'm looking for something which represents Israel as a symbolic gift for her, usually I bring a small olive wood cross, but with the Christian tourism down for the last 2 years, many shops which catered for those tourists are closed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Oh, I need one of these!  Hmmm, could be a DIY project for Andy to craft out of wood and I could do the decoration.  Just what he need is another project lol. 

It is my favorite souvenir.  It was filled with a Margarita!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hi Graham:

Are you familiar with the song Looking For An Echo released on Mushroom Records in 1976 by Kenny Vance and later on A&E ? The song is about a school that I went to with Kenny Vance.Somebody told me today that it was a big hit in the UK.

Nice folk Doo wop song Lenny.

It never made the UK singles charts.

I was into soul and disco music in 1975.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220525_164813.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Whenever I read Dani’s thread, I feel  that I am catching up,with life happenings of neighbors.

As I wrote recently, there have been wonderful things as well as heartbreaking things that people have shared here. So many kind people have cheered the wonderful and have offered support to the heartbreaking. This thread allows people to commiserate, empathize ,uplift and encourage. We need more of this in the world.

Maybe by reading this thread and participating by posting, we could take the feeling of kindness and friendliness evidenced here into our worlds outside of this CC forum and make.our  small worlds better places to be. By doing this, perhaps kindness and friendliness would grow exponentially. This may be unrealistic ,but it is worth a try.

Through this thread, I have “met” people from Israel, Florida,Texas, Colorado, Ohio,Missouri,Arkansas,Rhode Island, Pennsylvania ,New Jersey and from different areas of my home state, New York. Before Dani started this thread, I would not have “known” such people. And the one thing about all of us conversing here is that we share more likenesses than differences. We love our families and friends, we enjoy beautiful photos of nature, we enjoy our children and grandchildren,we enjoy sharing time with loved ones,we enjoy traveling,or at least reading about other’s travels,we enjoy beloved pets,we enjoy life. We do not like sickness,loss of loved ones, storm damage to property or suffering of any kind. 

A thread like this makes one realize that people are good and wish good for others.

You have such a great way with words, MJ!  Thank you for saying what we all feel.🌹

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I just want to give a big "shout out"  to our wonderful and generous  Dani family.  I so appreciate all of your many prayers and good thoughts for baby Ginny.  Thank you so much.  I love you all!❤️

• Like 13

13 hours ago, MJSailors said:

I tried to post earlier today and something went wrong.

As usual, this thread moves quickly in that different topics are posted by so many people.

As to changing the title of the thread, I do not see a reason to change. It seems that the suggestion to change the title came from some posters who do not contribute often to the conversation here. Now, I admit that I am not a frequent poster,but I have been following this thread from the beginning and have become familiar with so many here. Whenever I read Dani’s thread, I feel  that I am catching up,with life happenings of neighbors.

As I wrote recently, there have been wonderful things as well as heartbreaking things that people have shared here. So many kind people have cheered the wonderful and have offered support to the heartbreaking. This thread allows people to commiserate, empathize ,uplift and encourage. We need more of this in the world.

Maybe by reading this thread and participating by posting, we could take the feeling of kindness and friendliness evidenced here into our worlds outside of this CC forum and make.our  small worlds better places to be. By doing this, perhaps kindness and friendliness would grow exponentially. This may be unrealistic ,but it is worth a try.

Through this thread, I have “met” people from Israel, Florida,Texas, Colorado, Ohio,Missouri,Arkansas,Rhode Island, Pennsylvania ,New Jersey and from different areas of my home state, New York. Before Dani started this thread, I would not have “known” such people. And the one thing about all of us conversing here is that we share more likenesses than differences. We love our families and friends, we enjoy beautiful photos of nature, we enjoy our children and grandchildren,we enjoy sharing time with loved ones,we enjoy traveling,or at least reading about other’s travels,we enjoy beloved pets,we enjoy life. We do not like sickness,loss of loved ones, storm damage to property or suffering of any kind. 

A thread like this makes one realize that people are good and wish good for others.

it was suggested to change the title of the thread since we are no longer in lockdown. But, in a way,I think that we are in lockdown. Situations,such as what happened today in Texas have caused us to be cautious and concerned for our welfare and the welfare of the people we care about in our lives.

Covid has caused us to be cautious and concerned about our health and the health of the people we care about in our lives. For some,it has curtailed travel and getting together with friends and family.

As I see it, the world is not the same world as it was twenty,thirty,forty years ago. People are isolated in their own lives, their  own lockdowns.Without being able to reach out to,others, the world becomes even more difficult. 

Thank you to Dani for starting this thread. I hope it continues on CC for a long time.

I apologize if I have written a rambling post. I felt I needed to respond to the idea of changing the title.

I wish all posting here a good night and a pleasant tomorrow.

MJ🙋🏻

Well said.  Thankful you took the time to share your thoughts. It's crazy how most of us have not met in person but yet we are growing closer to each other every day.  Thanks 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Well said.  Thankful you took the time to share your thoughts. It's crazy how most of us have not met in person but yet we are growing closer to each other every day.  Thanks 

And then there are some that have met no matter how hard one tries to hide😇

• Haha 12

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have met Arzeena and I have e-mailed with 4 regulars from this thread.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

LOL, as would most I imagine.  Wouldn’t it be great? @Sunshine3601could make up a big batch of her Mojitos; I think @DaniDanielle would be on Cosmos; @Sea Dogcould whip up his famous Old Fashioned’s or his new Espresso martini’s and not to forget @John&LaLa with their Limoncello.  We’d all be “ship faced”😉!

Hhmm how to decide, maybe one of each 😜 hiccup.

Thanks for including me in this wondrous thread, I don't care what it is called as long as it stays, so enjoy "catching up" with everyone here.  Must just be some newbies to CC who see the title and have to put their 2 cents in, we just need to ignore them all and hopefully they go away.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I just want to give a big "shout out"  to our wonderful and generous  Dani family.  I so appreciate all of your many prayers and good thoughts for baby Ginny.  Thank you so much.  I love you all!❤️

Sending you our love back Maryann.

G&P xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Proud to be a member of our wonderful and generous Dani family!!

In sadness and gladness, we have each others backs.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I think I discovered a new "Weight Watchers" program. Before the cruise I weighed in at 191.4.  I weighed in this morning at 185.8. Lost over 5lbs!  I feel my best between 175 to 180.  Looks like I should of booked a B2B.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think I discovered a new "Weight Watchers" program. Before the cruise I weighed in at 191.4.  I weighed in this morning at 185.8. Lost over 5lbs!  I feel my best between 175 to 180.  Looks like I should of booked a B2B.

When I began cruising on a regular basis I lost weight.I never gained weight on a cruise.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for all your posts. I haven’t been online much as someone tried to hack me on this hotel network so staying off wifi and sleeping. Fever finally gone and breathing better so hope to get out of here as planned. 

I know I have missed a lot on this thread and will catch up once I have my laptop at home. 

@DaniDanielle I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to your family. 

@Luckynana sending prayers for baby Ginny. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thanks everyone for all your posts. I haven’t been online much as someone tried to hack me on this hotel network so staying off wifi and sleeping. Fever finally gone and breathing better so hope to get out of here as planned. 

I know I have missed a lot on this thread and will catch up once I have my laptop at home. 

@DaniDanielle I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers to your family. 

@Luckynana sending prayers for baby Ginny. 

Good to hear from you. Glad you are feeling better. You are missing some awesome weather here in New England.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1